IGNORED

New guy from NorCal

ditchparrot19
Note: This thread is 4457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everybody,

I just recently started playing golf again after about a 10-year hiatus. I was a 10- to 12-handicapper when I quit. My reasons for quitting were several, but mostly I wanted to devote more time to my bird dogs than just hunting season. I got into field-trialing for awhile, but I just don't have the resources to compete at the level my English setter (pictured in my avatar) is capable of reaching. I'm comfortable leaving that game knowing that I had all the dog I needed, but not the time or money for all the travel.

Also, I had a bit of trouble controlling my emotions when I played a lot of golf before. I didn't have on-course blow-ups, but a bad round would affect my attitude long after I left the parking lot. I'm past that now, and my wife says I must keep that tendency in the rearview mirror if I want to continue playing.

Lastly (but far from least), I have a 3-year-old daughter who came along a month after my 45th birthday, and I just don't enjoy being very far away from her. By playing more golf instead of traveling much farther to hunt or fish, I can remain closer to home.

Anyway, I look forward to the interactions here. I should be around quite a bit between now and October, then maybe not so much through hunting season. I hope to learn a great deal and make valuable contributions where I can.

John

Welcome to the site.  If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!