IGNORED

My Swing (mchepp)

mchepp

Originally Posted by mvmac

lol Different colors so he can keep track of which swing goes to what student.  Notice the pants are pulled up and his collar is up?  Can see his ankles.  He'll also shoot video with the pants lower, collar up, collar down, visor in different positions, visor with the line, without the line.   So that combination of collar up, pants pulled up, orange pants, is a specific swing for a specific student.

I don't know why?  But after reading this... And from our discussions about Mac, (and I know this is off topic, so I apologize to mchepp for this)... But I'm picturing Mac as Annie Wilkes?  And the 'student' sharing said swing video as Paul Sheldon, if Mac found the video was shared with an outside party.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

But I'm picturing Mac as Annie Wilkes?  And the 'student' sharing said swing video as Paul Sheldon, if Mac found the video was shared with an outside party.

Yep sounds about right lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an updated swing. I was working on having a decent shoulder turn. It is certainly better.

My head still translates back. I need a caddy to stand there with a club to make sure I don't slip back.

Michael

Really nice swing.

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

mchepp, nice work!  Looks like you are doing a lot better with keeping your head on the wall (DTL view looks pretty clean).  The right foot looks better too.. Heel isn't lifting as early - and you're not on your toes as much (better balance).

So that leads me to this question... What are your typical misses right now?

• Are they straight pulls?
  • Or push fades?

I ask as it looks like your closure rate is high (similar to mine).  I think you are at a point where you could really start focusing on Key #5 drills - working on path and face to manipulate your start lines and trajectories to shape shots so you can score.  I think your geo is clean enough to play good golf.

I'm interested to see what your response is here.

mchepp, nice work!  Looks like you are doing a lot better with keeping your head on the wall (DTL view looks pretty clean).  The right foot looks better too.. Heel isn't lifting as early - and you're not on your toes as much (better balance).   So that leads me to this question... What are your typical misses right now? [LIST] [*] Are they straight pulls?   [*] Or push fades? [/LIST] I ask as it looks like your closure rate is high (similar to mine).  I think you are at a point where you could really start focusing on Key #5 drills - working on path and face to manipulate your start lines and trajectories to shape shots so you can score.  I think your geo is clean enough to play good golf. I'm interested to see what your response is here. a1_smile.gif

Pulls. With an occasional straight draw, which is really an overdraw because it starts at the target and curves left. It may be that it is actually a pull draw and I am thinking it is straight but it is pull start, that is hard to for me to be certain. Point is a miss is the left side. For the most part that doesn't bother me as much as a push. My home club is sort of a similar set up to the Old Course. Meaning that a left miss is still on the golf course, but a right miss is OB. Still if I could eliminate the pull and overdraw I would be playing better. I had an epic struggle with the pushes. Months and months of missing everything right. I think the stronger grip has eliminated them.

Michael

Looks really good Mike, couple things to check with your instructor imo

-Amount of dorsi flexion (cup) of the left wrist at A1- looks like there may be too much.

- Elbow locations at A2l dtl.  Rotation looks good but this might help make it less "effort" to keep the torso moving.

- Clubface at A6 dtl- looks a little closed to me, obviously lead to pulls, might be connected to the grip.

Head translates back a little bit but it's happening because the right knee over flexes.  Going to feel more pressure into the left foot, like the hips stay slanted a little longer so the right knee doesn't over flex.

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...

My latest swings. I have been working hard on not overflexing the right knee and keeping some tilt in the hips at A7.

Looking better.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
Updated swing. I am flirting with overswinging with working on my shoulder turn. The right leg is still a work in progress but getting closer. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/JlavjMXExC4[/VIDEO]

Michael

I like.  Makes me pretty jealous.

What part of NorCal?  I'm going down to SoCal in June to beat up on those beach bums like GolfingDad and BeachComber.  Also got talked into a gross stroke play bet with some poster named mvmac.  Sounds like easy money.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I am in San Jose. The last time I saw that mvmac guy hitting balls he had the sh@nks, so right now so you might be right about the easy money.

Michael

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'm going down to SoCal in June to beat up on those beach bums like GolfingDad and BeachComber.  Also got talked into a gross stroke play bet with some poster named mvmac.  Sounds like easy money.

That's news to the mvmac guy lol

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...

I now have a system that I call monitor and change. The first part is to monitor a change that I made and have been working on for a while. And now I feel I am starting to get to a point where I like how it looks. So right now I monitor the right knee into the downswing. I am pretty happy with the progress there.

The change that I am working on now is extending the arms post impact. I have for as long as I remember chicken-winged, I think this is the next big priority piece.

Not sure if a "stupid monkey" should watch his old changes for a while, but I know if I don't I will slip back into bad habits.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Continue to work on the same things as last time. I am making progress but it is slooooooow.

Michael

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't posted my swing because I haven't made tons of progress. I am still working on the right leg and arm extension stuff from before. I am wondering if I should move to something else because the progress is so bad. The ballstriking is not bad, it is just how to progress to the next level now.

Michael

You "pull" the handle down and the arms get bunchy so you have to sag the knees to get the club to the ball.  Backswing looks really good.  From 4-5, as you transfer you're going to feel the right arm stays in pitch, shaft shallows, right elbow is going to feel like it stays under the left elbow.  Good practice moves for you to look at

http://www.iphoneogram.com/p/613247416352047141_240341471/

Mike McLoughlin