IGNORED

My Swing (Jetfan1983)

JetFan1983

Alright. I finished with a 2-under 34 from the forward tees. Yea, it was the forward tees, so what. Lol, wanna fight about it? JK. :-P The back 9 had some tournament going on, so I couldn't continue. Oh well. @cbrian made some very interesting and important points to me about my alignments at setup and that must've clicked with something in me. I also made a conscious choice to slow down my swing tempo and that helped me catch the sweet spot a lot today.  Yea, it was the forward tees. Like 5000 total yards over 18 holes, but I don't care. You still need to get the ball in the hole and this course is rated I think 75.0, 145 from the tips, there's water everywhere, and every green is fast, elevated, and well protected. My short game and putting have improved dramatically in the past year.  The full swing stuff -- namely turning more -- will certainly take some time. But I'm also getting better at timing the swing I currently have, and that obviously was enormous today. I layed up off the tee on half the holes just so I could hit approach shots. I wasn't trying to drive greens.  Anyway, I feel very comfortable inside 100 yards now, and that's no doubt a huge thing in this game, regardless of how far I hit the ball, which will be critical for me whenever I move back to 6500 yards.  For now though, I feel pretty good about the work I've done and am doing. Thanks, everyone. Fun day of practice and nine. :-)

That is great to hear.. I think it's impressive I don't care what tees they were! Nice job!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice work brutha...Keep it up...

That is great to hear.. I think it's impressive I don't care what tees they were! Nice job!

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the encouragement always. :beer:

Here are some videos from today. Here's me improving my awareness of where my shoulders are in the swing. I think I'm doing this right ( @cbrian 's suggestion here).

And here's a swing from the range. Pretty ugly swing, elbow alignments went south and I swung too long on the backswing, but oh well. It's hard to change stuff instantly. It was only after I stopped filming my practice that I decided to slow down the backswing which helped contact enormously. Took that to the course and it worked today.

It's hard to keep turning, but I'll keep at it. At least the feet and shoulder alignments are better and that was huge today on the course.

And lastly, here are a couple pitches from DTL and FO. I think I've made some improvements that @iacas and @mvmac suggested that I make yesterday:

And this last Youtube link is for @Hammer 4 since he always says I include them when I post. This represents my good mood right now! :-P

Brett Favre ruined this song. Instead, just picture me in Wrangler jeans schooling my home course from the forward tees :-D

Constantine

Haha, re: that song...there use to be this stripper I knew a long time ago, she always started her 1st dance with that song.. :-D

About your pitch shots. I could be wrong here, and probably are, but it seems to me you take the club pretty far inside during your short back swing. So, do those shots go straight for you..? On mine, I have the the club head just outside of my hands, maybe I'm doing it wrong..?

At any rate, you still look dapper my friend.. :-P

Haha, re: that song...there use to be this stripper I knew a long time ago, she always started her 1st dance with that song..

About your pitch shots. I could be wrong here, and probably are, but it seems to me you take the club pretty far inside during your short back swing. So, do those shots go straight for you..? On mine, I have the the club head just outside of my hands, maybe I'm doing it wrong..?

Erik and Mike suggested I use more of a "dealing cards" feel for pitch shots, meaning, that I should try to take the club back under the plane a bit more. Maybe I overdid it. Yeah, I do hit them straight (for the most part), the 2nd shot from DTL finished like an inch from the hole. We'll see what they say if they check the thread. I'm definitely a lot flatter than I was yesterday:

This post from Mike and this post from Erik are the two places they suggested some pitch shot modifications.

But yea, definitely a big difference from yesterday, no question. Hopefully I'm not overdoing it. Solid shots from all five pitches in the above videos, decent to good results all around.

At any rate, you still look dapper my friend..

I do my best! :-D

Constantine

Ahhh, I see.  The stripper story is totally true. In fact my brother dated her for about 4 months.... :no:

Ahhh, I see.  The stripper story is totally true. In fact my brother dated her for about 4 months....

HAHA awesome. Hey, it happens. Plus, that's probably a funnier association with that song than that dumb Brett Favre jeans commercial from a few years ago :-D

Constantine

HAHA awesome. Hey, it happens. Plus, that's probably a funnier association with that song than that dumb Brett Favre jeans commercial from a few years ago

Absolutely.... :-D

• Administrator
Pitch shot plane is better. Overdone, but keep it closer to this than the before.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah agree with Erik, somewhere in between yesterday and today with the backswing. I do like the downswing/followthrough much better. The pitches sound good, can hear that "click".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Pitch shot plane is better. Overdone, but keep it closer to this than the before.

Yeah agree with Erik, somewhere in between yesterday and today with the backswing. I do like the downswing/followthrough much better. The pitches sound good, can hear that "click".

OK, thanks, guys. I'll do it less. And it felt much better today too. I'll keep at it.

And I really appreciate all the help!

Wish the full swing was as easy to change as the short game :-D

Constantine

Changing the picture sure is fun.... not.

Enjoy this pull fade with an 8-iron. I slowed down, did a couple drills, but this was me attempting a full swing... ugly stuff.

Anyway, shot an ugly 86 today. Moved back to 6100 yards (like 72.0, 135 or something so it's a hard 6100 yards).

Wish I could've enjoyed that more. Didn't really even read any putts or pitch shots. I just went up and hit it most of the time, even when it was for birdie... was just too frustrated with my swing. Oh well. Cracked a lot of jokes with my friend at least, but my heart wasn't really in it when we got to the green. I need to toughen up and remember this is just a game sometimes. But I did learn today that the vast majority of my enjoyment in this game comes from hitting my irons well, and when I'm not hitting them well I really start to beat myself up inside. I need to work on that.

Funny situation on the 6th hole though. My ball landed literally an inch from a gator's mouth. I WISH I pressed record ten seconds earlier, but by the time I got my camera out, he started walking away. This video could've been a lot funnier.

Constantine

Ehhh, maybe it wasn't 72.0, 135. It's something like that. Maybe 71.X, 133 or something. Can't remember. Annoying course though. Not a fun place to play if you're spraying it.

Constantine

Funny situation on the 6th hole though. My ball landed literally an inch from a gator's mouth. I WISH I pressed record ten seconds earlier, but by the time I got my camera out, he started walking away. This video could've been a lot funnier.

Play golf in NJ ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

So it turns out my home course here is only rated 69.6/131 from the white tees, which measure 6121. Surprising. My old home course up in NJ was rated like 68.8 /119 or something and was so much easier than this place. Disappointing, I thought this place was rated harder.

Anyway, I played like ass today but somehow managed a 2-over 38 on the front nine. Seriously, I can't believe I didn't shoot a 50. I just kept getting lucky over and over again.

I'm still flipping a lot, but I guess I time it alright some days. I'm coming over the top as well, but have somehow managed to compensate for that too. I guess six years into this game, you figure how to dance around your problems or something.

Here are three swings, all from DTL. I'm really trying to rotate more. It feels like I'm rotating a lot, but it kind of looks the same to me. Club gets thrown outside the hands pretty badly at A6, but oh well.

Anyway, I've come to accept my limitations in this game and had a lot of fun playing this weekend despite the overall crapiness of my full swing. At least my short game is good now.

Looks like I'm still too connected on the backswing, but at least I can swing shorter now, so baby steps I guess :-D

Ahhh, what a silly game.

This was a push, but would've still landed in the fairway.

This was a small pull-fade I think:

This was a small push-fade:

Yikes, way too connected in that preview pic on this last swing video.

Constantine

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Yea, I know. Waddayagonnado? It's sad.

That's why you have the connection look. Because you're straight-armed so long, then your right arm folds FAST. Better to fold it earlier, then it won't need to fold so fast that you can't stop it.