IGNORED

incredible

dayll
Note: This thread is 6167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played a round today with a guy who literally never put his cell phone down except to hit. - He had two phones - one would ring while he sat in his cart talking on the other. Four and a half hours and never a let up! He played good and we only had to tell him he was up one time but it was weird - he said he was doing, "Wall Street stuff". Several times while he was up hitting one of his phones would start chiming. Later, while I was loading my clubs in my trunk he went by in a new Lexus talking on the phone a word a second! He saw me looking at him as he drove by and pointed at his phone and shook his head and laughed. One of the strangest games of golf I've ever played. d.

yeah, that stinks. cell phones at golf courses should be outlawed.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

wow huge buisness man, if you cant let go of your phone for one second you shouldnt be playing golf. My friend always texts his girlfriend on the course, its so anoying. Either he is a rich buisness man or just trying to impress you.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Played a round today with a guy who literally never put his cell phone down except to hit. - He had two phones - one would ring while he sat in his cart talking on the other. Four and a half hours and never a let up! He played good and we only had to tell him he was up one time but it was weird - he said he was doing, "Wall Street stuff". Several times while he was up hitting one of his phones would start chiming. Later, while I was loading my clubs in my trunk he went by in a new Lexus talking on the phone a word a second! He saw me looking at him as he drove by and pointed at his phone and shook his head and laughed. One of the strangest games of golf I've ever played. d.

That's a great story! Just curious what did he shoot?

That's a great story!

The breeze, apparently.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cell phone fanatic man shot 82, Rapture driver, older Ping irons, huge ostentatious Ping bag, and the biggest three-ball putter I ever saw. He was a short hitter but almost always on the short grass and he hit some very impressive chips, even holing one out. (Phone open on the grass beside him.) Actually, after a few holes, it was more funny then aggravating. d

My usual course is a dead cell zone. I love it. I don't bother taking my cell out of the truck anymore.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

Cell phone fanatic man shot 82, Rapture driver, older Ping irons, huge ostentatious Ping bag, and the biggest three-ball putter I ever saw. He was a short hitter but almost always on the short grass and he hit some very impressive chips, even holing one out. (Phone open on the grass beside him.) Actually, after a few holes, it was more funny then aggravating. d

I'm trying to imagine how aggravating it was for the poor yokels on the other end of the cell phone. Of course.....they might have been playing golf somewhere also.....

I can understand being able to be reached on the golf course - but put the damn thing on silent, and if you absolutely have to talk, keep it short and to the point.

Nothing irritates me more when someone ahead is already slow, and they get slower because they're on the phone. It's my invitation to hit my ball in their direction, knowing full well they're still in range.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

He was just rude or a workaholic. Truly succesful people have more control of their time and the ability to be unavailble if they want to be.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Played once with a kid whose cell phone rang on the second hole. He immediately answered it. Told the party who called that he was on the golf course and couldn't talk. Then he turned it off and apologized.

There is still hope, at least in Nebraska!

But, full disclosure, in the group behind us we could see a guy talking on his cell phone for the whole round. He even called somebody when his group was on the green.

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

I understand sometimes people need to keep their phones/ blackberries/ whatever on for certain reasons. I do myself sometimes; however, it is always on silent and I just monitor to see if anyone called that needs an immediate response. I normally only keep my phone on for informalrounds like when I sneak out on weekdays. If I will never take a call; however, I will check a message and / or make a brief call back if it is absolutely neccessary but always very quietly and out of site without delaying my group.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

At least he was somewhat polite about it in not wasting time and he laughed about it instead of being a jerk..at least that's what it sounds like!

Still, it's kinda funny

Good luck,
Ryan

ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

It goes well beyond the golf course too. Cell phones are attached to people's faces everywhere you go. Sporting events, restaurants, etc.

That guy was very rude in my opninion. But I'm a little touchy about that kind of stuff.

There used to be a restaurant in South Dallas called Gennies Bishop Grill. Best chicken fried steak in the universe. And Gennie and her husband were big golfers, too. The lay out was cafeteria style and the lines would get pretty long. She had a sign that said something to the effect: "Please do not use your cell phone while in line. It is rude and we will ask you to leave." And I'm sure she did ask a few people to leave over the years. Man, I miss that place.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

That dude was making his paper.

One of the reasons I love golf as much as I do is because I can turn off my phone for 4 hours and not have to worry about getting 20 text messages and 20 phone calls. It's so peaceful. The shots I'm hitting are the only things that matter to me for that little space of time.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed if he can shoot an 82 while talking on a cell phone

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

Note: This thread is 6167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!