IGNORED

Encounter on golf course

WhackAndHack
Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by HoboTrekker

kids like me 12 years ago, Im a member of 5 courses, 2 private 3 public, private ones are quiet I may play a 2nd ball on certain shots there, as I said private clubs the rules for members are different.   you can play them as much as you want you are correct, you can play them every day if you want, unless they are total goat tracks you cant play more than one ball on them, perhaps the private one that depends on that clubs rules, you should probably check them by the sounds of things.

They are all 5 star courses, and they all allow you to play multiple balls. You seem to know an awful lot about 'Goat Tracks'. Is that how you guys keep the fairways cut over there? Over here we use machines called mowers, on the back of things called Lawn Tractors. Please take your bullshit and lies somewhere else. Around here we promote the game of golf, instead of acting like we own the game and decide who should play.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• Administrator

why is it okay for you to make 2 divots ?  explain that to me then, given I spent a summer filling divots explain how you dont take any with your 2nd ball otherwise youre wrong.

Maybe you should be glad some golfers took some extra divots or you wouldn't have had a summer job? :P

Ooooh, you took an extra divot!!!

I've seen guys take divots with their practice swings. So what? Big deal. It's just a divot.

HT, you called yet another person names, and I'm done with you for a day now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

burner irons ?  lol you must be a total hacker

i am. never pretended to be anything but. what i don't get is how a guy who is a caddy can have such a negative attitude towards people who might be paying his salary.

if you were carrying a bag for a guy that dropped an extra ball would you immediately walk off the course and grab the nearest person in official capacity you could to have the guy thrown off?

doesn't seem like the correct attitude for the service profession.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

burner irons ?  lol you must be a total hacker

Oh, so now the type of irons you play makes you a better golfer? Now I know you are a troll.

I play Wilson Staffs. And guess what, I qualified for my provinces mid amateur with a 1 over 73 with them. Imagine that, Ci11's.

You keep proving you know nothing about the game, especially with comments like this. But keep on, you'll be banned soon.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Originally Posted by tiger187126

i am. never pretended to be anything but. what i don't get is how a guy who is a caddy can have such a negative attitude towards people who might be paying his salary.

if you were carrying a bag for a guy that dropped an extra ball would you immediately walk off the course and grab the nearest person in official capacity you could to have the guy thrown off?

doesn't seem like the correct attitude for the service profession.

There are very, very good players who play Burner Irons, don't let him get to you. This guy is just a troll who likes to mouth off when he can hide behind a computer screen.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Oh, so now the type of irons you play makes you a better golfer? Now I know you are a troll.

I play Wilson Staffs. And guess what, I qualified for my provinces mid amateur with a 1 over 73 with them. Imagine that, Ci11's.

You keep proving you know nothing about the game, especially with comments like this. But keep on, you'll be banned soon.

it would have been easier if he would have looked at my 30-whatever handicap that i have up. it's not like i'm hiding (nor should i feel the need to) that i'm not a good golfer.

you want to know what ruins the game more than slow play and guys playing multiple balls in front of you?

guys who turn it into an elitist event only to be participated in by the best and the most wealthy and turn their nose down on everyone else.

• Upvote 1

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Originally Posted by ApocG10

There are very, very good players who play Burner Irons, don't let him get to you. This guy is just a troll who likes to mouth off when he can hide behind a computer screen.

In 2011, I know both Kenny Perry and Natalie Gulbis did.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

In 2011, I know both Kenny Perry and Natalie Gulbis did.

Damn hackers. They should get a real set of irons.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

I was looking into Burners

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

Continue to, they are great clubs. Don't let elitist snobs get to you. Tiger woods/Phil Mickelson/Rory McIlroy could beat virtually anyone here with Woods from the 70's, a spun core Balata ball, and a walmart set or irons and wedges and putter. Its not the arrow (to a point of course).

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

love them and highly recommend them. i don't have any experience with other models except my "plus"-es, but i've talked to guys who use different models of burners and everyone seems to like them. my home course has the 2.0's as rental clubs.

while my swing doesn't do the club any favors my distances with my irons are pretty darn consistent. if i have an 8 iron to the green and i make even decent contact the ball is going the 8 iron distance. now whether it's 20 yards offline is another story and says nothing of the clubs themselves, they perform repeatedly and don't require a whole lot of umph to get the ball to go (a lesson i should learn).

• Upvote 1

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

The Burners are great, I really really like them.

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

I really like pie. Blueberry is great, but peach or apple is just the bomb.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Originally Posted by iacas

Maybe you should be glad some golfers took some extra divots or you wouldn't have had a summer job? :P

Ooooh, you took an extra divot!!!

I've seen guys take divots with their practice swings. So what? Big deal. It's just a divot.

HT, you called yet another person names, and I'm done with you for a day now.

Honestly, divot duty is something we assign to the retards who cant handle simple tasks like raking sandtraps and operating some basic machinery. My boss and former pro/professional greenskeeper has absolutely nothing wrong with people playing 2 sometimes 3 balls on our course. Most of them keep pace with 2somes and 4somes infront of them and we dont consider each divot they take as insulting our hard work.

This guy is blowing hot air and I have no idea who he may know that works on a course that feels the same way he does.... If I saw a scratch golfer hitting 3 shots I'd be watching how well he hit him, not lamenting over the 3 extra divots we have to fill.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

You have to take into consideration what that looks like to the group behind you. They are waiting to hit, see the a person in the group in front of them hit an approach shot only to have to wait some more as that person then walks over to his second drive to play another approach shot. Nobody in that trailing group is thinking "well, he's not really holding anyone up because he'll only have to wait on the next tee box.". On empty course, you can do whatever you want, imo, but on a "absolutely packed" one where everyone's patience is wearing thin already, playing two balls is asking for trouble.

I agree with this, and I know I'm on the wrong side of most people's opinion in this thread. I think this is a human nature thing. I've played more than one ball on many occasions, but not when there are folks behind me. I won't spend any time debating this...I'm just sayin'.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

"Encounter on a golf course" has become "Encounter on an Internet thread".   I feel bruised from reading this.

I did want to mention a story about a round I played in South New Jersey.   I was playing by myself with three other people who knew each other.  One owned a local shipping company.  He was on the course talking on his phone almost the entire time.  He would be in a conversation while everyone else hit, and would put his phone down when he hit.   It went on for 15 holes when I finally said "JC, this is a golf course not your f***ing office".    I had had enough.

He just kept on talking and one of the other guys told me to get lost and play ahead and that I was a loser because obviously had no one else to play with.  I played the last three holes with people who played there every week, they said that was ridiculous and to talk to the manager about it.  He gave me a free round of golf.

Sounds like I got off easy, although they did try to physically move into my space and try to assert themselves.

There was also a guy who got into a fight with someone on my home course and tipped the the other person's golf cart over in anger.   I wish I had seen that one.  I played with him after his 1 year suspension from the course, and it was stressful enough to wish I had stayed home and watched Saturday morning cartoons.

Driver:  TaylorMade Burner 9.5 degree R Flex

3-Wood:  TaylorMade RocketBallz 15 Stiff flex

Hybrid:  Cobra Baffler 19 degree

Irons:  Cobra S2 irons  4-PW

Wedges:  52.08 Hogan, 56.14 Vokey and 60.07 Vokey

Putter:  1967 Muirfield Blade putter

Let's agree that we all agree that yelling and cursing at the person behind you is not the way to express your displeasure.

As for playing two balls, it seems at least one poster feels this is some sort of social justice issue ("Why should you get special privileges?") or perhaps a moral shortfall akin to stealing from the course. I don't know about the stealing thing because my golf is prepaid for the year and so the is not abuse or revenue issue. And I do not have much of a concern for your special privileges (if you get them) unless they infringe upon my privileges. I don't see what the guys behind me do as having anything to do with me unless they are abusing the course.

I play more than one shot and replay holes and skip holes often. When I "sneak out" to play alone, I will catch the non-single groups ahead of me. I may skip a few holes to get some clear air. I may replay the hole I just finished if there is no one behind me. I may hit different clubs off the tee as practice. I may even play two balls for a while (least favorite way to slow my pace). Or, I may just call it day and go in when it looks like a 4.5 hour pace and I'm a single.

I do not ask to play through. And I do not just sit and wait for five minutes before each shot. I make sure that I do not do anything to cause the group behind me to wait on me. I see no problem with me behavior and would avoid and report anyone who got verbally confrontational with me -- even if I was doing something wrong.

This thread about some guy going off has become a thread about what the guy might have done to bring it on himself. An odd an unexpected twist.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by adam e

"Encounter on a golf course" has become "Encounter on an Internet thread".   I feel bruised from reading this.

I did want to mention a story about a round I played in South New Jersey.   I was playing by myself with three other people who knew each other.  One owned a local shipping company.  He was on the course talking on his phone almost the entire time.  He would be in a conversation while everyone else hit, and would put his phone down when he hit.   It went on for 15 holes when I finally said "JC, this is a golf course not your f***ing office".    I had had enough.

He just kept on talking and one of the other guys told me to get lost and play ahead and that I was a loser because obviously had no one else to play with.  I played the last three holes with people who played there every week, they said that was ridiculous and to talk to the manager about it.  He gave me a free round of golf.

Sounds like I got off easy, although they did try to physically move into my space and try to assert themselves.

There was also a guy who got into a fight with someone on my home course and tipped the the other person's golf cart over in anger.   I wish I had seen that one.  I played with him after his 1 year suspension from the course, and it was stressful enough to wish I had stayed home and watched Saturday morning cartoons.

I guess one should not mess with people from South Jersey. Were these incidents being taped for a reality TV show?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!