IGNORED

Scott or Furyk- Which 4 were more painful to watch?

MEfree
Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which bad 4 was it more painful to watch?

• Adam Scott's 4 bad shots leading to 4 bogies on 15-18 at the Open.
    • Jim Furyk`s 4 bad shots leading a double on 18 at Firestone

A few weeks ago, Adam Scott hits 1 bad shot on each of the last 4 holes to lose the British Open by 1.  Yesterday, Jim Furyk hits 4 bad shots in a row on 18 to lose Firestone by 1 to Keegan Bradley.

Which was harder to watch?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Even though I like Scott better, it was harder for me to watch Furyk for the following reasons:

1. An idiot at the course had told me Scott bogeyed the last 4 after I said I had taped it.

2. Furyk`s bad shots were consecutive, with just 1 decent shot needed to secure the victory while Scott was playing some really hard holes and mixed in some good shots with his 4 miscues.

The similarities, of course, were that a lot was on the line for both players-

Scott: his first major

Furyk: his first win since 2010 and a chance to erase his US Open finish and secure a spot on the Ryder Cup team

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Furyk because you dont know how many more times he is going to be competitive.  His career has been on borrowed time for a while now.  With Scott, you know he is going to get more chances.  Unless, of course, the USGA outlaws anchoring...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Individually Id have to say scotts but knowing that furyk also blew the us open. I was stunned to look at the leaderboard and see him not win. All day it seemed like a lock. 2 stroke lead to start, then goes 3 under through 3. I figured people were playing for second after that. I havent actually watched the footage yet but when I checked to see what tigers final standing was and see furyk wasn't on top. POOR GUY.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Scott, by far.

Having a "blow-up hole" (relatively speaking) is one thing.  Even top pros do it not so infrequently, and it's more likely to happen on the 18th for obvious reasons.  Disappointed expectations --> state of shock --> poor decision-making/execution --> etc etc.   I wasn't all that suprised at what happened, though I admit I'd only been watching a few holes before it hit the fan.  Both of them made at least one poor decision but Scott's failure was the worse imho.  What happened to him was more of a slow-motion freeway pile-up.  Very, very ugly.

Furyk is less likely to be affected by it down the road, he's such a grinder, has less to prove, etc.  But I'm also expecting Scott to recover well in the end.  You never know though.

p.s. and don't forget, Scott blew The Open .  Most players never get a chance like that in their entire careers.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I went with Furyk because I like him.  I was rooting for Scott to give it to Ernie.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!