IGNORED

Looks like the bullies are out in full force on the forum

Jon Robert
Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by logman

Eh! so Patrick, the ocean guy and myself and Robert aren't interesting enough for you? Geez!

I never accused you personally of being a troll, but hell, if you want to admit it like that I can't stop you.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jon,

Just tune them out.  I usually skip over the donkey poster's replies.  You will figure out who they are pretty quickly.  The good forum members have a lot to contribute.  And guys like Patrick57, and his many personalities, are just trolling for an argument.  Don't even reply to their comments.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Just tune them out.

That's what the block list is for. Using it early and often will greatly enhance your forum experience. More signal, less noise.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I've seen pompous members who are offended when questioned.

If that's their version of bully, then they've got an ego issue.

They should look in the mirror instead of starting wahhmblulance threads.

And if they allow members to get under their skin, it shows they have more issues.

And this place is nothing in terms of people going after each other when compared to the GEA. This forum is mild and well mannered in comparison.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Why get bent out of shape about it JR? I'll jump on someone that posts something assinine, stupid, hypocritical, racist, or ignorant. Look, it's just an internet forum, what's wrong with a little conflict? You gotta filter everything and take it with a few grains of salt (what is the origine of that figure of speech?).

Keep calm, and carry on...

dak4n6

Ha ha, nice......  The thread being referred to is indeed a bit harsh, but like David in FL said. That guy seems to have some sort of back story that warrants the abuse. Just by reading that post alone, something seems fishy with the guy. I would go as far as calling it bullying in that situation, but feel like he somehow deserved it lol. I personally would not join in on any negative banter though.

I was recently the starter of a post that received lots of negative feedback and comments. I think the diversity in replies really kept the thread thriving. You have to take the good with the bad, and if you yourself are not full of $#!T, things will work themselves out.

I personally love it when Shorty rips into someone lol..... Yeah, I didn't take it so well when ripped on me, but hey what ever ROFL. I just called him a name back . Not all the S-talkers are as cool as shorty though. I'm just calling these guys S-talkers for lack of a better term. I don't want to offend anyone lol.

Lets say there is a awkward kid at school. He minds his own business and doesn't bother anybody. Yet other kids still mess/bully him, this is wrong. The person we are talking about is just asking for it. That still doesn't make it right, but this is not a good example of the meaner guys here ragging on people.

Sincerely, Jim

If youre going to participate on forums, you need to develop a thick skin.  You will always have people who think they are clever and will run their mouth because they have their computer to hide behind.  Like Sai-Jin said, use the block feature if they really bother you.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

If youre going to participate on forums, you need to develop a thick skin.  You will always have people who think they are clever and will run their mouth because they have their computer to hide behind.  Like Sai-Jin said, use the block feature if they really bother you.

This. I've simply never seen anything on this forum that qualifies as "bullying." Rude or offensive replies, trolling, etc, are not the same as bullying.

Feel free to ignore unhelpful replies. If we all did this, the signal-to-noise ratio would improve further from its already high level. Don't feed the trolls.

As has been said, if someone is consistently obnoxious, just block them. If a post is abusive or out of line, flag it and it will be reviewed and removed if it is inappropriate.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by zeg

This. I've simply never seen anything on this forum that qualifies as "bullying." Rude or offensive replies, trolling, etc, are not the same as bullying.

Feel free to ignore unhelpful replies. If we all did this, the signal-to-noise ratio would improve further from its already high level. Don't feed the trolls.

As has been said, if someone is consistently obnoxious, just block them. If a post is abusive or out of line, flag it and it will be reviewed and removed if it is inappropriate.

Totally agree.  I have not encountered any bullies on here.  I do remember having some negative first impressions of a couple of the more prominent posters on here, but after getting to know everybody on here (as best as you can through typing) I have come to realize that those first impressions were wrong.

Pretty much everybody here just likes to talk about golf.

Quote:
That's what the block list is for. Using it early and often will greatly enhance your forum experience. More signal, less noise.

Where's the fun in that?  I like to purposely skip over the donkey post!  Plus I haven't bothered to figure out how to block.  Guess I should try it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Where's the fun in that?  I like to purposely skip over the donkey post!  Plus I haven't bothered to figure out how to block.  Guess I should try it.

Why don't you learn to use the block function you lazy a$$ piece of $h!t or get off this forum jackwad!

(Yes, that was my poor attempt at ironic sarcastic humor)

dak4n6

Originally Posted by zeg

Agree.  Its kind of hard for someone to bully you when you can just choose to not read their posts or block them so that you dont even see what they write.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Say what you mean. Be honest. Don't backtrack and deny what you've said. Don't harass people who have a different opinion if they aren't getting in your face with it or insulting you because of your opinion. If someone has a problem with your honest opinion, and you're not a spammer, then that's their problem.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!