IGNORED

MP60 vs TM r7 TP

Note: This thread is 6154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tried both when I went hunting for new clubs a few weeks back. The r7 TPs were a really nice club, very forgiving but hit a little high for me. I guess maybe a little too much game improvement for my ability? long irons were easy to hit off the deck. Found the r7's didn't give a whole lot of feedback either, hard to tell where you hit the ball. Thought they were a bit clunky as well, great off the fairway but I reckon they'd scare me in the rough

Let's look at the original quote that started it all...."the R7 TPs has too much game improvement for my abilities as a bogey golfer that hits the MP32s pure 3x/year that I play....

How can the MP60s be too much club for you Mr Pure striker of the MP32s (which is the tougher one to hit of the two if you know the hx behind those that came after the MP32s as a response to the critics saying the MP32s were too hard to hit) I could care less what you play, but I just hate when people overestimate their abilities and find the lamest excuses to justifiy their present state of their game....it's really nothing personal...

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

ur a real ****in ******* man whether or not hes lying about how good he is has nothin to do with the thread. he just wanted to compare two sets of irons not have u preach about how terrible and stupid he must be. He may be completely lying about how good he is but thats not something that you should ruin the thread over; i think most people here would agree with me on that

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Let's look at the original quote that started it all...."the R7 TPs has too much game improvement for my abilities as a bogey golfer that hits the MP32s pure 3x/year that I play....

thats not what he said.

This is getting out of hand. In my original post I gave my opinion on the r7 TP's I tried versus the Mp-60's, which is what this thread was all about. My opinion that's all. If that doesn't agree with your opinion then either reply giving your own opinion and not trying to discredit mine.

With respect to saying the R7's were a little too much of a game improvment for me. What that means to me is that just like the MX-25's that you ditched is that they hit a little too high for me.

As for the MP-32's versus the 60's and 67's. Of the three I found them the best for me. Yes, again that's just for me. You might be different. The 60's and the 67's didn't feel that great to me, not compared to the 32's and the X-Tours. That's all I said and calling me names isn't going to change that!!

Also, I never said that I found the short game tough. No where did I say that. For me coming back to the game from 3 years off is that my short game takes the longest to come back to me. That's a personal statement, your game might be different. I find that 30, 40, 50 meters out when you can't take a full swing is hard to judge without putting the hours in, which I clearly haven't given it's my second time out in ages.

As for Mr. 280 yards. If you read my post that's what I used to hit. And I never said I can't hit a fairway wood. A three wood from 230 yards is my favourite shot in the game of golf. My old clubs are in Australia, I'm in Canada, to get back into the game I just bought 3-PW's with a couple of wedges and a putter. So I don't have a driver or a fairway wood right now. If I had one I know where I'd put it right about now!!!

And what's all this about lying about how good I am. I never claimed to be good. I hit in or around 18 over at the moment (used to hit 12 over, which is the same as this guys hits and he wanted to move from MX-25's straight to 755's or MP-60's??? just doesn't add up to me). What's so hard to believe that a guy can par 6-7 holes and mess up the rest with bad shot choices, distance guess issues and putting woes from being out of the game for 3 years, for me in the last two rounds if somethings goes bad it goes very bad... again what's so hard to believe.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2
Titleist 585.H 21 DG S300
Mizuno MP-FLIHI 4 DG S300
Mizuno MP-32 5-PW DG S300Mizuno MP-R 52.07 DG Wedge FlexMizuno MP-R 56.13 DG Wedge FlexTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04 DG Wedge FlexScotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

• Administrator
Don't feed the trolls, people. Use the reputation points thing to give negative rep points if you want, but responding is just silly. It's tough, but exercise some will power and don't feed the trolls.

Let's get back on topic so the OP can get some answers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So how do the rep points work? can't find anything in the FAQ.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2
Mizuno MP-32 5-PW DG S300Mizuno MP-R 52.07 DG Wedge FlexMizuno MP-R 56.13 DG Wedge FlexTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04 DG Wedge FlexScotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

So how do the rep points work? can't find anything in the FAQ.

Just click on one of the icons on the right, top hand corner of the post and submit your preference.

Cheers for that. Incidentally I used the golfdigeschallange to put my last round in, my long game handicap is 12 while my short game handicap is 36... ouch (incidentally not a single message or dialog was thrown up indicating that my round was "statistically impossible"

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2

I just have one word to say... "ass#ole". While I'm currently playing off of 18 or so, I'm just getting back into the game from a few years off (I've been back about 2 months). I used to play off of 12 which is what you seem to play off

Do you see how none of your replies are ever consistent from one to another....first u say your hit 8-9 GIR (yawn that would put you at the level of a 70s shooter....then you say b/c your short game from 40-50 is bad that you average double bogey on the rest of the round ....even though you average 280 off the tee and before you said your faiwary wood are bad but now you can hit it 230 off the deck with a 3 wood....geeze you must be 3 putting on every hole there.... Let me educate u on some basics......to break 80 u can hit about 8 greens and 32 putts per round...... MP32s not according to me but from the manufacturer states this these are aimed b/w MP67s and MP60s....I am sure the company brought out the MP60s to make it more forgiving than the MP32s..... Actually my instructor advised me not to change to the MX-25....and recommended going to either R7 TPs, MP 60 or 755 (given I actually played pretty well with the Titleist 735CM) I love this website about the honest reviews on the various golf equipment but some of these posts about one's owns abilities is just out of this world...

In My Bag

Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

OK, I'm not mad this time 'cos your last email was at least instructive and didn't call me a liar (well a little bit, I never said that I hit 280 yards now, I used to when I played 3 years ago, same for my 230 yard fairway woods... I currently only have irons, and have for the last few rounds only hit a 5 iron off the tee, I've said this in about 3 posts already).

I'm just back from a round in Langara (it's a moderate course with a 120 slope rating, it's greens are tricky though, well for me anyway). I hit a 92, so 20 over (and yet again blew up on the back 9, I was 6 over for the front 9). 8 GIRs, yes 8 GIRs. 8 three putts (6 of those where on my GIR'd holes, so pars were sparse today), and only 2 up and downs. A 5 iron was the longest club I hit! So clearly I have a good long game in which I only use my MP-32's as I have no driver, fairway woods or hybrids (good enough in my opinion to merit MP-32's if I think and my club fitter though they were the best clubs for me) and a crap short game (where I use a 52 degree, a 56 degree and a putter, all of which aren't MP-32's ). To call me a liar just because that's the way I play golf is way outta line.

To actually make this into a constructive thread, I've seen a formula that states that your score based on GIRs should be 95 - (GIRs x 2), which should as you rightly pointed out get me sub 80. But it's obviously based on a rounded game. There must be people out there like me, that have good long but bad short games and vice versa. How many people out there find it's completely off for there rounds. Although I reckon no one is going to read this far so I'll let you do the honors if you are interested in getting peoples opinion on this. I only mention this and I only bothered replying to this email because of your last statement

"I love this website about the honest reviews on the various golf equipment but some of these posts about one's owns abilities is just out of this world..."

Which seems to suggest that maybe you are a nice guy and not a complete ass#ole (that's a joke masquerading as an apology by the way). I have been completely honest about my scores and my opinions on the clubs I reviewed. I think having a discussion on 95 - (GIRs x 2) might make an interesting thread.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2

Believe it or not my friends and I talk this way on the golf course all the time...sort of trash talking...but always nothing personal.....my golf buddy that I play with weekly is a 10 handicap who uses the MP 67s...on the range he is money....but on the course it's not the same...as a matter of fact I usually take his money b/c his irons play is not as good (although he is fundamentally a better ball striker)....it's only b/c I have used the MP32 for about a year that I know how tough it is to use those on the course....

Like I said I could care less about what you use, but I would bet if you have a little more forgiving irons (755, mp60, etc) with perhaps stiffer shafts like maybe DG X100 or Flighted Project X 6.5 your handi will drop even more

I believe now what you have said....but you gotta admit there are a lot of people out there that fabricate a lot....

In My Bag

Believe it or not my friends and I talk this way on the golf course all the time...sort of trash talking...but always nothing personal.....my golf buddy that I play with weekly is a 10 handicap who uses the MP 67s...on the range he is money....but on the course it's not the same...as a matter of fact I usually take his money b/c his irons play is not as good (although he is fundamentally a better ball striker)....it's only b/c I have used the MP32 for about a year that I know how tough it is to use those on the course....

In my opinion, I'm also a solid ball stricker. I wouldn't be hitting 8 GIRs a round with a 5 iron as my longest club at the moment if I didn't have a fundamentally solid and consistent swing with my irons. You have to at least give me that! and even the 12 green's I missed I'd say I was off by no more than 10 yards on 3 or 4 of them. A couple of the others I had to lay up 'cos with a 5 iron you just can't reach the green in 3.

Like I said I could care less about what you use, but I would bet if you have a little more forgiving irons (755, mp60, etc) with perhaps stiffer shafts like maybe DG X100 or Flighted Project X 6.5 your handi will drop even more

I tried about 15+ clubs over 4 weeks. The 755's and the MP-60's included. I also tried and and really liked the Project X's but couldn't justify spending $30 a club extra (and waiting another 3 weeks for a custom order given I was gagging to get out on the course), I also found that they hit a little loftier than the DG S300's but looking at the launch monitor they were flying the same distance but with a different flight, an initally steeper angle of attack, not as high but flatter at the top for longer. From memory I think they were 6.0's?

I really wanted to like the MP-60's as from reading reviews it sounded like they were a good fit for me. But it just didn't happen for me, I didn't even want to try the MP-32's until the club fitter put one in my hands and said try this instead. Everything just felt right, my previous favourite's were the X Tours and I was getting similar results (althoug the X-Tours were longer but they have a 1/4" longer shaft from memory) but the MP-32's had that Mizuno feel that I liked, and the would draw or fade more easily. And to be honest, I find them quite forgiving... on the course included even when compared to cavity backs. But you are right, knowing my mates who also hit in the 90's I wouldn't recommend any kind of Mizuno's other than MX-19's or 25's... but I can base this recommendation on knowing their game and their swing

Trust me I tried almost every club in the game improvement to forgiving players (I'd put the MP-32's in the forgiving players club category, from scratch to maybe 12 or 14, but knowing my game that's well within the range of my iron handicap) and I kept gravitating towards the blade like clubs as I was getting the same level of accuracy but I could force a draw or a fade a little easier with some of the blades (not all, the MP-67's and Ping S58's were all over the shop .

And I take your recommendation seriously, for probably 95% of golfers out there they'd benefit greatly from that advice. And I hate to say this 'cos you said don't say it but I have always been the exception to the rule I've represented my province (I'm Irish so that translates to state) in shot putting, javelin, discus and hammer throwing and I've represented my country in hammer throwing on a couple of occasions. If you need something thrown far I'm your man and a lot of motion involved in using those big muscles to generate power, particularily the rotational forces applied in hammer throwing translate very nicely to the power swing. The body position, angles and balance is also reasonable similar. Besides the fact that I've spent close to five years of practising 2-3 hours every day breaking down the technique required to little tiny changes with a professional coach. That equates to 48 years of one hour golf lessons every week now again I'm not saying I'm a great golfer, far from it. But I know feel when it comes to sports and I'm quite kinetically intelligent, so I think my opinion counts when it comes down to swinging a golf club.

This is how when you combine my power to my ability to hit the ball well with a long iron to a driver you get a good 280 yards. Unfortunately throwing heavy objects doesn't build finesse in the short game

I believe now what you have said....but you gotta admit there are a lot of people out there that fabricate a lot....

Absolutely, I see what you are talking about all the time on the driving range, I'm surprised some people can even hit the ball with the swings they have.... and then you see shiny new Nike blades like Tiger plays in their bags.

But you gotta admit when you are giving an honest opinion and you know what you are talking about, certainly when it comes to iron play it's not nice to be called a liar. Now if I can just sort out my putting (I had 42 putts last night, last week I also played Langara and although my putting wasn't great I had 36 putts, that's 6 shots right there my pitching, well the less said about that the better. I have Pelz's short game book and I've read it but I haven't put it into practise yet (I should probably get his putting book as well

I seem to hit my pitches long 80% or so of the time, maybe 20% longer than would be ideal. The rest are short by 20-30%. I have a strategy for my next round, I'm going to practise swing normally for a pitch shot to get the distance, then practise 80% of that... then hit. So I'll be playing the percentage's so to speak. But if you have any advise or drills that you like that you think might help me that'd be great. Putting wise, my distance isn't too bad, I'll either get the distance just right to a nice foot and a half long or it's be well short (maybe 30% short). Reading the line is my issue, from 20 feet I'll be lucky to get the ball within 5 foot left or right of the hole most of the time. Which leaves me with a DeVito (a tricky little 5 footer if you haven't heard that one before

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2

I wouldn't be hitting 8 GIRs a round with a 5 iron as my longest club at the moment if I didn't have a fundamentally solid and consistent swing with my irons. You have to at least give me that! and even the 12 green's I missed I'd say I was off by no more than 10 yards on 3 or 4 of them.

I didn't realize you all play 20 holes per round up there!!

That was funny!!

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

Pitching long not a bad problem to have since most of the hazards are located near the front of most holes.....I have actually been hitting soft 3/4 shots for most of the short irons/wedges....it looks funny hitting a 9 irons from 120 but I can usw keep the ball lower with better control by hitting a 80% shot....

As for the putting you should base your stroke on the type of putter you have ...ie heel weighted like the newport (in to ball to in stroke) vs center shafted (swing back along target line then through straight toward target)..hope that makes sense....then if you pull putts play the ball back and if you tend to push putt then play it a little forward....I am sure you know about the eye dominance also....left vs right eye...

what's in your bag??? I can't tell from your postings....maybe you can find a driver to your liking (907? Superquad? Burner? FT-5 ??)

Good luck...

In My Bag

I know the truth really hurts...but u need to get fitted for your clubs....keep playing with those blades and I am sure your handicap will drop down in no time....r u crazy???? when I told this to my golf instructor he couldn't stop laughing and saying that's what keeps me in business.....certainly understand using blades for 0-10 handi but outside of that you have to be exceptional....2/3 of tour pros use cavity backs but you as a 18 handi with short game issues thinks those are the right clubs is

I believe that blades are not the right clubs for higher handi's but ,being frank, you need to learn some manners. you certainly wont make any friends with the way you give "advice" in such a rude fashion.

PS: It's preposterous not preponderous

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I didn't realize you all play 20 holes per round up there!!

Had a good laugh myself

guess I had 20 over in my head, either that or I can't add which is just as likely!!

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2

• Administrator
I believe that blades are not the right clubs for higher handi's but ,being frank, you need to learn some manners. you certainly wont make any friends with the way you give "advice" in such a rude fashion.

Let's back off on correcting people's spelling mistakes and telling them they need to learn manners. I think it's clear in this case how people feel about shinujk1.

I sometimes find it too easy and tempting to correct spelling mistakes, but that doesn't mean it's right. Use the reputation system, if anything. Again, let's get back to the original topic or I'll close the thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was out of line for me to make comments like that and i apologize to you for that shu

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Note: This thread is 6154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!