IGNORED

Mac O'Grady Swings

iacas
Note: This thread is 2302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, virtuoso said:

That swing is also made after he had a broken right elbow and didn't get it set properly.

...and what is this broken elbow thing: I mean how was it possible that he received no proper medical treatment?

Mac O'Grady Acolyte, or "Macolyte"

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Yff Theos said:

...and what is this broken elbow thing: I mean how was it possible that he received no proper medical treatment?

Cuz he’s a kook.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry if this is off topic...I've read that Robert Rock's swing is based on MORAD concepts. Maybe Rock's teacher was trained by Mac O'Grady? Does anyone know if this is true? 

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

10 hours ago, Yff Theos said:

Haha it's a long story. The version of the story I've heard from Grant Waite is that Mac recommended he try a new caddy for a week. Mac selected the caddy. The issue was that the new caddy's flight was delayed and he didn't make it to the Monday practice day. So instead of being on the range helping Grant, Mac stayed home and went running (he runs almost everyday), fell and broke his arm. Mac is stubborn so never went to the hospital and was on a tour range the next days trying to hit balls. Mac blamed the arm on Grant because it was his caddy and his caddy didn't show up in time.

Another version is that Mike Bennett broke his arm.

So yeah, Mac is a different kind of dude.

2 hours ago, scopek said:

Sorry if this is off topic...I've read that Robert Rock's swing is based on MORAD concepts. Maybe Rock's teacher was trained by Mac O'Grady? Does anyone know if this is true? 

Yes he's a MORAD guy. I don't know how much time he's spent with Mac in person, I think he did a couple schools and kept up with Mac online. There is also a "by the book" MORAD instructor in England.

Rock has also worked with Dana Dahlquist to lessen the down with the his driver (because the CP pattern isn't good for driver), I think he hits up a couple degrees now.

There's a bunch of his swings on YouTube, here's one I filmed of his from the '13 US Open. He also teaches now.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

22 hours ago, mvmac said:

Yes he's a MORAD guy. I don't know how much time he's spent with Mac in person, I think he did a couple schools and kept up with Mac online. There is also a "by the book" MORAD instructor in England.

Rock has also worked with Dana Dahlquist to lessen the down with the his driver (because the CP pattern isn't good for driver), I think he hits up a couple degrees now.

Can someone explain was the "cp pattern" is? 

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

1 hour ago, scopek said:

Can someone explain was the "cp pattern" is? 

Mike has explained a few times in various places on TST like above. Found this one above but can’t find the other more recent one I saw (within past couple weeks on a different thread)

Hope helps. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 2302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!