• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkPrince

Made a new friend at the course today

8 posts in this topic

I was putting out on a hole when I realized there was something rather big inside of it. Turns out there was a baby snapping turtle stuck in the cup because the walls were too tall and slick for it to climb out. I got the little bugger out (and tapped in for par of course lol) and I always have my camera bag on me when I play so I had a little fun with it. I turned around to put it back down in a safer spot and it's equally little sibling had been walking across the green following me lol. One of them actually crawled up my backpack and fell into the camera compartment so I had to dig it out but eventually I set them down a bit further away from the green so they would hopefully not get run over or stepped on later.

Here's one for size comparison/relevance

And here's one for the younger guys who'll get a kick out of the horrible edit in lightroom.

It's fun seeing a bit of nature. Glad you saved the little guy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very cool. His face is priceless - he looks like a grouchy old man, like, 'what are you lookin at?'

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Very cool. His face is priceless - he looks like a grouchy old man, like, 'what are you lookin at?'

Haha yeah, he had JUST stopped playing dead and was opening his eyes and just glaring at me. Eventually it started getting lively and crawling around the cart, falling off of it, climbing into my camera bag..etc  But yeah he doesn't look too happy atm.

Those are cool pictures! At a course by me there was a fox that would stand right by your cart looking for hand outs. I eventually ended up bringing ham for him when I went to that course everytime

While working a few years ago at a course, i noticed several baby snapping turtles surrounding several crevices around the pro shop (outside of course). I picked up about 5 of them to transport them back to the river running through the course.  Apparently the mom had laid her eggs about 50 feet from the shop in a wooded area. It's always cool to see them and help'em out, even if they grow those inch long nails that could tear you up later in life.  Nice pics!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only creatures I have seen out at my courses have been rabbits, chip munks, gophers, ducks, and geese. Usually when I see chip munks I'll throw em a piece of my cliff bar. It's so funny to see em run out, look at you, grab the food and then run back.

Chip & Dale for the win.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Oh yeah, I've know several. Not really giving up the game entirerly, but giving up on going pro. They went on mini tours or play events the (now) web.com tour and just give up after a year or so. They didn't really have a gauge of how much time and skill it really takes to make a living playing golf. If you dont win or make a name for yourself in the college ranks or big international am tournaments, you're really behind the 8ball. 
    • The video was not made for this discussion but a good chunk of it applies - just because you lift your heel off the ground doesn't mean you transfer 95% of your weight right. That's what you had to say in response to "I don't see how the left knee moves as a point of contention"? Again, the other thread existed because there was a huge myth out there about maintaining the same flex in the trail knee. No such myth or disparity exists re: the lead knee. Her head doesn't move off the ball much (well within the "steady head" idea, particularly with a driver), of course she has some tilt away from the target - because her hips don't sway back, and her weight shifts slightly to the right. Very little more than someone with a "modern" golf swing. It's not the only place there's "tension." And no, "loaded" may be a common word, but it can have a bunch of meanings. Your right leg is not the only thing that's "loaded" in ANY full swing in golf. Again, the wrists, the arm across the chest, the elbow, your ankles, your torso is turned… all can be "loaded." That's my point. One of 'em anyway. I haven't attacked whatever it is you're trying to talk about. I am, however, trying to suss out what it is you're trying to talk about. Because if it's "the left knee should be allowed, sometimes, to move back to the right" then I don't think you'll find much disagreement. You seem to think it's more than that, though. I don't think they did either, but the reasons they did it may have changed, or the amount of understanding we have of the golf swing has certainly changed, or what's important in the golf swing may have changed, or a bunch of other things. While writing this, @billchao answered that pretty well too, IMO. I guess, since I don't know what you're actually trying to convey here, I'll drop out for now until you can figure out what it is you're trying to say.
    • I could also just learn to perfect my draw as the article said. Become good/great at a certain shot type. 
    • From a fellow Sconnie, welcome to the site.  Many, many golfers play fades from a closed stance.  They are mostly pull slicers.  Basically your club face is just closed in relation to the path you are swinging on.  Maybe start a swing thread sometime if you want and someone can try and help.  Otherwise there is not really much anyone can tell you.  Hope you stick around and become involved in the site.
    • I disagree with this. Lots of fantastic golfers today don't use this move. People will adopt swing moves based on the style in a given era, regardless of whether they actually improve the swing or not. Think about reverse C finishes or square feet. Some top players play well despite certain trends, not because of them.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Just trying
      Just trying
      (33 years old)
    2. Peter_b
      Peter_b
      (45 years old)
    3. SACgolf
      SACgolf
      (51 years old)