IGNORED

What is the most annoying guy at your course like?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I played a county course a few weeks ago in Westchester, NY. When my friend and I were paired with two guys we had to wait cause the foursome in front of us had combined ages of around 270. They were all late 80's, early 90's and decided to walk the friggin course whereas everyone else took carts. All their initial drives went maybe 75 yards...

We waited so long that we had 3 other foursomes waiting to get on the first tee as well. The starter finally allowed us to go to the second tee and we ended up finishing the round with the first tee as our 18th hole. That along with the general crowding on the course the round took almost 5 1/2 hours..joy.

In the bag:

:ping: k15 Driver 10.5

:ping:K15 5 Wood

:ping:G15 irons

:tmade:Ghost Rossa Corza Putter

:ping:4-series stand bag

Grandpa's circa 1960's ball retriever for fishing expeditions.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I played with some guys the other day that got so irritated with slow play, and played so fast when there was no need to. It was like they just wanted to get it done and over with as soon as possible. No patience for anything. I like to play at a fair quick rate but also enjoy playing and being out there. I don't like slow play but too fast play is no fun either.

I have played with one of the guys a couple more times and he quit one time after nine and another after 14. Granted the 9 day was horribly slow and the 14 day was slow but not as painfully slow. I guess for me there is nothing better than being on the course even if it is dragging ass.

Had that happen a few times. People who get caught up so much with the pace of play when it is slow and they let it get to them. I prefer a steady, fairly brisk pace but you can't always get what you want. When I go to a course I know there is a possibility that it could take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending on a lot of factors. Played with guys who really, really let it get under their skin and their negative attitude and energy can be hard to counter. If you have a can't miss appointment scheduled maybe the choice to golf was the wrong one.

I suppose though the guy(s) who bother me the most on the course are the exact opposite. I hate being in the group which can be pointed at as the slow one and not really being able to do anything about it. If you see we are falling behind the group in front and falling behind the pace of play guidelines you might want to think about picking up the pace. Playing ready golf, getting to your ball and not worrying too much about the honours, at least until we get back into position. Doesn't usually happen the getting back in position and you fall a little farther back with each passing hole while the slow golfers play... well.... slow.

Sun Mountain carry bag

Driver: Titleist 910D3*

Woods: Titleist 910F 13*, Alpha 18* Hybrid,

Irons: Titleist 681

Wedges: Vokey TVD 54* and 58*

Putter: Some Odyssey Anser Style.

Balls: Pro V1x,

The most annoying guy at my club used to be a white trash hillbilly who spit tobacco juice in the cup just before you'd make a birdie putt.

I made the mistake of playing 9 holes with the guy ...but only once.   The club finally sent him packing.

Originally Posted by vo-man

The most annoying guy at my club used to be a white trash hillbilly who spit tobacco juice in the cup just before you'd make a birdie putt.

I made the mistake of playing 9 holes with the guy ...but only once.   The club finally sent him packing.

Ewwwww! LOL

In the bag:

My brother in law! Fortunately I don't have to play with him that often because he tends to be a total jackoff on the course. He shoots about the same scores as I do but you would think he's friggin Rory. Awlays talking shite before hand about how he's going to beat me and then always making excuse all day if he's not playing well. One time he shanked his drive and threw his driver down the fairway, bitching about the sound of somebody's lawn mower, the guy who was cutting his grass was probably 3 blocks away! Another time, I brought a buddy with us and we got into a discussion about unions, my buddy & I had a different opinion than he did and he just went off screaming at us on the green at the top of his lungs. As I said, I don't have to play with him that often and try to avoid it at all costs.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play with a group of 12-16 guys verying in age from 77-33, myself being the youngest.

We have the self deeming guy who still thinks he should shoot in the 70's.

The guy who will tell you the replay of his shot even though you were standing there watching him. (Oh and he talks in third person)

I used to be the guy who would get extremely pissed on a silly bogey, therapy helped that.

The guy who would top his ball in the water hazard the proceed to tell you what you did wrong in your swing.

You sorta got to have thick skin to put up with us but you get used to it.  It gets pretty comical some days.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a group of seniors at the course we play and multiple times we have been playing a foursome. The senior group behind us will tee off after we are close to the green and by the time we start putting they are driving up on us because after they all tee off they pick up their ball and place them next to whoever hit the longest tee shot. I dont them playing like this if thats what they want to do but driving up on us and talking and carrying on about stupid s*** when we are putting drives me insane. We never say anything because we do not want to ruin their experience but it seems like they are ALWAYS behind us and even when we fly through a hole pretty quickly we can never get ahead. Sometimes they are even driving up on us when we are teeing off because we are waiting on a group ahead of us ( which is why they never play through ) but it gets old sometimes.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Originally Posted by JasonK88S

There are a group of seniors at the course we play and multiple times we have been playing a foursome. The senior group behind us will tee off after we are close to the green and by the time we start putting they are driving up on us because after they all tee off they pick up their ball and place them next to whoever hit the longest tee shot. I dont them playing like this if thats what they want to do but driving up on us and talking and carrying on about stupid s*** when we are putting drives me insane. We never say anything because we do not want to ruin their experience but it seems like they are ALWAYS behind us and even when we fly through a hole pretty quickly we can never get ahead. Sometimes they are even driving up on us when we are teeing off because we are waiting on a group ahead of us ( which is why they never play through ) but it gets old sometimes.

Even if there is a group ahead of you just let them play through.  Then you won't have them behind you and annoying you.

Jeff

Originally Posted by SloverUT

Even if there is a group ahead of you just let them play through.  Then you won't have them behind you and annoying you.

Thats true. We're waiting either way. IMO if thats the only thing that bothers me at my home course... im actually pretty lucky compared to some of the stories i've read on here lol

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

I play a lot of different courses, usually as a single, so I don't know of any one guy that is particularly annoying. The people I do find particularly annoying are the ones who don't pay attention to anyone else on the course. The worst is the guy who stops at his ball on the fairway to answer his cell phone, then has a lengthly conversation while people are waiting for him to play. Cell phones should be banned from the course.

Also in the oblivious category is the guy who plays multiple balls while someone is waiting behind him. If there's nobody on the course, I'll play multiple balls sometimes just to practice, but never when there's someone behind me.

Drunk golfers are always annoying. I don't begrudge anyone a beer or two during a round, but when they start getting loud and obnoxious, running their cart into shit and acting like fools, it just detracts from the game.

• 5 months later...

I am getting really annoyed at the people who have never seen you play before and as soon as you make the slightest mistake, bad drive, missed putt, etc. they jump up and start offering advice as to how I can fix my problem. Buddy, if you play with me everytime and see a consistent issue maybe you can chime in, but until then keep your trap shut and play your own game.

The other person that irks me is the negative guy in the foursome that complains about every shot he makes. This one guy would be upset if he got a hole in one. All he did was complain and we were playing a scramble so we didn't even need to play his shot. He even complained that I drove the cart to fast and hit too many bumps. Complained that my shot wasn't playable...even though he couldn't see where it was (ended up as a beautiful shot on the edge of the fairway on the dogleg - best shot of the group). The ultimate was when he said I would never improve my game because I have to play 6 days a week to get better. He's been playing for 40 years and still sucks. He really sucked all the joy out of a round of golf.

In the bag:

Some of these make me appreciate my playing partners a lot more.

- People that don't fix their ball marks are very annoying. I fix 4 per hole on average (except for tough par 3's). I'm generally not playing with these people though.

- "Telling a story on the tee box guy". No one wants to hear about your new fence or whatever, we're trying to tee off.

- Looking for balls forever. Dude, it went deep, we all saw it. Take your stroke and drop one already. Favorite catch phrase "Aren't you gonna look for that?"

- Golf carts. Most of the people I play with walk, but a few take carts. When I'm over my ball and I hear that thing fire up I want to throw my club at the guy.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate the whole playing through concept. 1. You lose the hole you are playing through on as you are being watched and commented on for every shot.. 2. You lose the next hole because you are basically sprinting to your golf ball and just taking a hack to send it in the general direction of the green. Because we all know that a slow ass group suddenly finds their mojo and plays incredibly fast and rides your butt for at least the next hole or two. 3. The whole " well let you through but were going to play the hole with you til the next tee box" sort of thing... Just uncomfortable all around

The most annoying guy is probably the most conistant golfer in the league i play in. He talks and talks and talks and talks. If had a bad hole, your still hearing about that bad hole 4 holes later. God, stop reliving it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!