IGNORED

What hybrid 3 iron would you recommend?

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tried the Adams a12 (standard size, not the OS) and I don't like it at all. I've heard tons of people love the Adams hybrids, but this one is clearly not it for me.  Anyone who has the OS think it's significantly different?

What would you recommend? Looking specifically for a 19*-21*/3 hybrid.

Just got the rbz 3 hybrid hit it really consistanly and I really like it. Hit it about the same length as my driver (shows how bad I need to work on my driver swing) back on point I would recommend it to anyone to atleast try it out I personly love mine and couldn't be happier

I really like my TaylorMade R11 hybrids.  The 16 ° 2 hybrid has replaced my 4 wood, and I bag the 21 ° 4 hybrid too.  They are adjustable +/-1 ° for both loft and face angle.  The 3 hybrid is an 18 °, also adjustable +/-1 ° for both loft and face angle.

Look hard at the Nickent 3dx. Outstanding quality and available very reasonably. You can find them well under $100.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As a 20 capper, I'd suggest the RBZ, and I'd probably suggest the RBZ 4 Hybrid at 22 degrees. I get 4i distance out of my RBZ 5H, so I'd think the 4H will get you 3i distance and easier height than the 19 degree. Although, if you are a high speed guy, you could handle the 19 deg.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Titleist, there a bit pricey but adjustibility is awesome, and they are pretty solid. Ping i20's are suppose to be really go Hybrids.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

+1 on Titleist.  I have had the Adams and now the Titleist 910H and prefer the 910H.  The 21 deg is equivalent to a 3 iron.  One thing, if you have decent swing speed, go for the stiff rather than regular.  Regular Diamana Kai'li is pretty soft and if more for a swing speed (driver) in the 80s.

You can find these on E-bay pretty cheap, $120 - 150 depending on condition.  It is a good way to try it out and re-sell if you don't like it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

As a 20 capper, I'd suggest the RBZ, and I'd probably suggest the RBZ 4 Hybrid at 22 degrees. I get 4i distance out of my RBZ 5H, so I'd think the 4H will get you 3i distance and easier height than the 19 degree. Although, if you are a high speed guy, you could handle the 19 deg.

I should add to my original post that I also own a Titleist 910 Hybrid. They do have quality stock shafts - pick the one that fits you. If adjustability is needed,it is an excellent club. Having said that, I use the RBZ more than the Titleist. But I also have a custom shaft on the RBZ and its shaft length is shorter than standard, making it an easier club to play for me than the stock version.

I prefer the RBZ club head to the Titleist, and after I adjusted the lie on the Titleist, I haven't changed it. But the Titleist 910 is a club to seriously consider. The choice of clubs is very subjective. Get what you like. As to feel, the Titleist has more of a metallic zing, which makes it lively. The RBZ feel/sound is more muted, but very solid.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by David in FL

Look hard at the Nickent 3dx. Outstanding quality and available very reasonably. You can find them well under $100.

+1

I have a 3h and a 4h. Awesome feeling clubs.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just got the rbz 3 hybrid hit it really consistanly and I really like it. Hit it about the same length as my driver (shows how bad I need to work on my driver swing) back on point I would recommend it to anyone to atleast try it out I personly love mine and couldn't be happier

I bought the RBZ Tour 3H 18.5*.  It is 2 deg. open but my miss is left.  I needed something for some holes to lay up off the tee, very easy to hit and work the ball left and right.

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!