• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcooper5083

Help needed urgently with decision

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

you may have seen my earlier post on which you prefer out of the TM RBZ or R11 range as I am looking to upgrade and I now have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade....blah blah blah and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

R11s:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity. Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Personally, I'd go with the R11s.  The reason is I have hit both - and the RBZ is decent, but I like the R11s line better.  The question I have is why aren't you hitting both - and making the decision on your own?

If you swing 'fast' - I'm assuming you have decent club head - and swing speed?  Again - a big assumption.  Without knowing your actual swing speed - I'd order stiff shafts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Personally, I'd go with the R11s.  The reason is I have hit both - and the RBZ is decent, but I like the R11s line better.  The question I have is why aren't you hitting both - and making the decision on your own?

If you swing 'fast' - I'm assuming you have decent club head - and swing speed?  Again - a big assumption.  Without knowing your actual swing speed - I'd order stiff shafts.

I know what you are saying about making the decision myself - I had planned to go to my local American golf shop to try these clubs and other brands out but then this offer came along and scuppered my plans a bit so needed to make a decision as cant let this offer go.

Like I said the cost for all this is well under half price and they are being made and coming directly from the factory.

You are correct - fast head speed, I dont know exact speed but the coach says it is fast

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

I know what you are saying about making the decision myself - I had planned to go to my local American golf shop to try these clubs and other brands out but then this offer came along and scuppered my plans a bit so needed to make a decision as cant let this offer go.

Like I said the cost for all this is well under half price and they are being made and coming directly from the factory.

You are correct - fast head speed, I dont know exact speed but the coach says it is fast


Why don't you still go to AG and try both sets, with regular and stiff shafts, and make your own comparison. You don't have to buy them just 'cos you tried them.

Just tell AG you are looking to upgrade and need help making your decision.

Then go away "and have a (theoretical) think about it", once you've hit them.

You will then have a real idea as to which set you need to buy from whoever.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Datsyuk

Wait for the R13 in black.

Taylormade already stated the R13 or whatever it will be called is white too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylormade already stated the R13 or whatever it will be called is white too.

Too bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

Hi all,

you may have seen my earlier post on which you prefer out of the TM RBZ or R11 range as I am looking to upgrade and I now have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade....blah blah blah and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

R11s:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity. Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

Tough call -

When unable to decide and the needed forgiveness is close, which look better to you?

Personally, I like the RBZ line, as long as you're talking the RBZ irons that are decent looking and not the Max.

Get the 5 wood first, then the 3 wd.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the responses people.

I cant wait for the R13 range as I will not have this offer of getting all this equipment for under £500 made brand new from the factory.....so based on what you said I managed to get him to give me 1 more day to make a decision, went to my local American golf and tried out the RBZ and R11s range in both stiff and regular shafts and have ordered the following:

R11s Driver 10.5 degree, Fairway 4 wood, Rescue and 5 - 9 irons + PW & SW with stiff shafts.

I found these really suited my swing and style best offering the best range of adjustments of the loft etc.

They are currently being made as we speak and I will have them in 3 weeks

Thanks all for your advice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

Thanks for the responses people.

I cant wait for the R13 range as I will not have this offer of getting all this equipment for under £500 made brand new from the factory.....so based on what you said I managed to get him to give me 1 more day to make a decision, went to my local American golf and tried out the RBZ and R11s range in both stiff and regular shafts and have ordered the following:

R11s Driver 10.5 degree, Fairway 4 wood, Rescue and 5 - 9 irons + PW & SW with stiff shafts.

I found these really suited my swing and style best offering the best range of adjustments of the loft etc.

They are currently being made as we speak and I will have them in 3 weeks

Thanks all for your advice.


Enjoy your new toys when they arrive and let us know how you get on with them please.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • Oh yeah, I've know several. Not really giving up the game entirerly, but giving up on going pro. They went on mini tours or play events the (now) web.com tour and just give up after a year or so. They didn't really have a gauge of how much time and skill it really takes to make a living playing golf. If you dont win or make a name for yourself in the college ranks or big international am tournaments, you're really behind the 8ball. 
    • The video was not made for this discussion but a good chunk of it applies - just because you lift your heel off the ground doesn't mean you transfer 95% of your weight right. That's what you had to say in response to "I don't see how the left knee moves as a point of contention"? Again, the other thread existed because there was a huge myth out there about maintaining the same flex in the trail knee. No such myth or disparity exists re: the lead knee. Her head doesn't move off the ball much (well within the "steady head" idea, particularly with a driver), of course she has some tilt away from the target - because her hips don't sway back, and her weight shifts slightly to the right. Very little more than someone with a "modern" golf swing. It's not the only place there's "tension." And no, "loaded" may be a common word, but it can have a bunch of meanings. Your right leg is not the only thing that's "loaded" in ANY full swing in golf. Again, the wrists, the arm across the chest, the elbow, your ankles, your torso is turned… all can be "loaded." That's my point. One of 'em anyway. I haven't attacked whatever it is you're trying to talk about. I am, however, trying to suss out what it is you're trying to talk about. Because if it's "the left knee should be allowed, sometimes, to move back to the right" then I don't think you'll find much disagreement. You seem to think it's more than that, though. I don't think they did either, but the reasons they did it may have changed, or the amount of understanding we have of the golf swing has certainly changed, or what's important in the golf swing may have changed, or a bunch of other things. While writing this, @billchao answered that pretty well too, IMO. I guess, since I don't know what you're actually trying to convey here, I'll drop out for now until you can figure out what it is you're trying to say.
    • I could also just learn to perfect my draw as the article said. Become good/great at a certain shot type. 
    • From a fellow Sconnie, welcome to the site.  Many, many golfers play fades from a closed stance.  They are mostly pull slicers.  Basically your club face is just closed in relation to the path you are swinging on.  Maybe start a swing thread sometime if you want and someone can try and help.  Otherwise there is not really much anyone can tell you.  Hope you stick around and become involved in the site.
    • I disagree with this. Lots of fantastic golfers today don't use this move. People will adopt swing moves based on the style in a given era, regardless of whether they actually improve the swing or not. Think about reverse C finishes or square feet. Some top players play well despite certain trends, not because of them.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Just trying
      Just trying
      (33 years old)
    2. Peter_b
      Peter_b
      (45 years old)
    3. SACgolf
      SACgolf
      (51 years old)
    4. Weluvgolf
      Weluvgolf
      (53 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon