IGNORED

December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)

agoodmanmbk
Note: This thread is 4171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I assume we're playing net, so I guess it ultimately doesn't matter, but I think if you wanted it to be "even," the best should play with the worst.  1,3,5,7,9 have a slight advantage over the others since 1 is better than 2, 3 is better than 4, etc.  Maybe more like 1,3,6,8,10 vs. 2,4,5,7,9?

I like that idea GD

Forecast doesn't look as bad as I thought

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

Forecast doesn't look as bad as I thought

They also said rain today and the sun has managed to break though!  hope its the same on Sunday!

So we want to do 2 - 5 somes??    everyone ok with that?

Originally Posted by Pakoh

They also said rain today and the sun has managed to break though!  hope its the same on Sunday!

So we want to do 2 - 5 somes??    everyone ok with that?

Sure.

Or ... I think most of us have not met in person yet, so in the interest of camaraderie, maybe we should do one tensome?

• Administrator

Everyone knows 30% is the CYA number.

Of course maybe that's not true in San Diego...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can I take a higher HC too?  I've been making swing changes as well.  Feels on the verge, but wildly inconsistent right now.  I feel like I could show up and play like a 5 or a 20!  Have shot a 74 and a 94 in the past month...

• Upvote 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Sure.

Or ... I think most of us have not met in person yet, so in the interest of camaraderie, maybe we should do one tensome?

LOL... Now that would be interesting.

Originally Posted by mdl

Can I take a higher HC too?  I've been making swing changes as well.  Feels on the verge, but wildly inconsistent right now.  I feel like I could show up and play like a 5 or a 20!  Have shot a 74 and a 94 in the past month...

Based on that desciption and your listed handicap, I think you are me!  Although, I cannot claim a 74 in the past month, I have in the past three months covered almost the exact same range ... from a 74 to a 92.  Sadly my 74 was months ago, and my 88's and 92's are a lot more recent.

I have a good feeling about this weekend though.  (Of course, I feel that way before every round, which is why I keep going back out there) :)

I don't remember it too well (only been there once) but I think it's my kind of course.  Which basically means I think I can hit it in other fairways and recover, as opposed to a lot of the newer courses where many holes are bordered by ESA's and wild unkempt areas.

I assume we're playing net, so I guess it ultimately doesn't matter, but I think if you wanted it to be "even," the best should play with the worst.  1,3,5,7,9 have a slight advantage over the others since 1 is better than 2, 3 is better than 4, etc.  Maybe more like 1,3,6,8,10 vs. 2,4,5,7,9?

Again, probably moot because we're presumably playing net, but just throwing it out there. :)

This sounds good to me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

This sounds good to me.

OK, I just read back through the thread to find Beach's friends handicaps.  They are Andrew (4.5) and Mike (10 or 12, so lets call it 11)  Assuming all of our listed handicaps are accurate, I came up with this order:

1.  Mvmac ..................... 0

2.  Beachcomber ........... 3.9

3.  Andrew .................... 4.5

4.  Pakoh ...................... 4.9

5.  Golfingdad ................ 9.6

6.  MDL ........................ 9.8

7.  Mike ........................ 11

8.  Tristan ..................... 12.8

9.  Jimdangles ..............  13

10. Lihu ........................ 25

Maybe instead of my original assigned group idea, we just put everybody in pairs (most of the pairs HDCPs are pretty darn similar anyway) and we draw straws.  Mvmac and Beach will each draw a straw to see who's on A team and B team, then Andrew and Pakoh, then me and MDL, etc.  The last minute randomness might be kind of fun.

Or ...

Mvmac and Beach are captains and they pick their teams playground style!

and if we are playing 5-somes, does that mean we should take 3 best balls each hole for the score?  Or even 4?  Just give one guy on each team the opportunity to blow up, but after that, it's going to cost you.

Disclaimer:  I've never been involved in organizing a tournament format before so I'm just pulling these ideas from you-know-where.

OK, I just read back through the thread to find Beach's friends handicaps.  They are Andrew (4.5) and Mike (10 or 12, so lets call it 11)  Assuming all of our listed handicaps are accurate, I came up with this order:

Maybe instead of my original assigned group idea, we just put everybody in pairs (most of the pairs HDCPs are pretty darn similar anyway) and we draw straws.  Mvmac and Beach will each draw a straw to see who's on A team and B team, then Andrew and Pakoh, then me and MDL, etc.  The last minute randomness might be kind of fun.

I like this!  I like a little randomness thrown in.    (My HC might go up to 5.1-5.2 on saturday, shouldnt be a big difference)

Pakoh and I have to be on opposite teams. Just kidding dude!  I look forward to doing whatever.

I went to the range tonight... Lots of shots were made.  But it is getting a little better.

Or ...

Mvmac and Beach are captains and they pick their teams playground style!

and if we are playing 5-somes, does that mean we should take 3 best balls each hole for the score?  Or even 4?  Just give one guy on each team the opportunity to blow up, but after that, it's going to cost you.

Disclaimer:  I've never been involved in organizing a tournament format before so I'm just pulling these ideas from you-know-where.

Good ideas GD.  Yeah either is fine with me.  Going odd's versus even's or picking straws.  Best 3 balls out of five per hole makes the most sense to me.  It's 9am right?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Pakoh and I have to be on opposite teams.    Just kidding dude!  I look forward to doing whatever.

I went to the range tonight... Lots of  shots were made.  But it is getting a little better.

Originally Posted by mvmac

It's 9am right?

Yeah.  (I had to run back through and confirm it from Pakoh's receipt.)

They do have a driving range/practice area and I have been out of practice lately, what with vacations and holiday parties, so I will definitely be out there early warming up.

Current forecast is still 30% chance of rain and a high of 63F.  (Saturday night low is 48 so it will probably still be pretty nippy when we get out there)

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Pakoh and I have to be on opposite teams.    Just kidding dude!  I look forward to doing whatever.

I went to the range tonight... Lots of  shots were made.  But it is getting a little better.

i would be down to make the teams with Me and Mac on one side and you and andrew on the other!  that way it is HC 1 and 4 together and HC 2 and 3 together.  Just a thought.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

i would be down to make the teams with Me and Mac on one side and you and andrew on the other!  that way it is HC 1 and 4 together and HC 2 and 3 together.  Just a thought.

That is fine by me.  I need to go hit the range and practice my punch shots in the rain!!

Note: This thread is 4171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!