IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14

jamo
Note: This thread is 3438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought 14 when it came out and have been playing nearly everyday. This is the best/most improved TW since they added Augusta National. I feel they made it much easier. I am playing at my usual difficulty setting from years past and I am doing much better than last year. I almost only play career mode, but going through time and playing though time is excellant. I love playing Augusta in 1934. I like the new courses, although I hate having to buy Colonial. A new course that you have to buy, that sucks. I have not had a playoff yet, but I am glad they added it. The courses look a lot better than even last years game. The golfers swing is more personal as well. Live tourney's are very interesting but still annoying having to compete against people who shoot -25 each round. NOT FUN. Live sun/night setting is cool. Playing courses at night is very interesting.

They used to allow you to create your own course...as in selecting your favorite holes form all courses to create your own 18 hole course. I liked doing that and miss it. It would be nice to bring that back.

Is there a coutry club set up for 360? I would not mind joining.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Originally Posted by Anatole Ghio

If enough people request them to go in this direction, there is a good chance they will. The current dev team is very responsive to what the fans request. The sim difficulty is because the fans requested it, and they will be changing the camera on puts on this edition in the patch because that is what the feedback from the fans was asking for.

Me personally, I'd want them to keep the current play off as they have implemented it now, but also add head to head if the person you are tied with is one of the licensed players. I would really be pulled out of the game if I saw the same people at the top of the leaderboard tournament after tournament as you suggest.

You are wrong about the names. If it appears on a PGA leaderboard, they can show it on the leaderboard in the game... and Phil Mickelson's name appears on the leaderboard of the game.

1. Hmmmm...I dont recall ever seeing requests to the developers to make the game harder over at EA.com. There were certainly a lot of bug fix requests, new camera angle requests and play off requests but little to none requesting the game be made harder.

2. Having a play off in name only is I guess better than having no play off at all. So in that sense, yes, I agree with you completely...BUT...given this is an issue carried over from TW13 Im surprised they didnt make a full go of having proper play offs included in the game.

3. Just because the PGA owns a billboard does not give them or anyone else the right to put what ever they want on it. If your theory about play offs being a licencing issue is correct then you can be guaranteed that in litigious US of A that they most certainly wouldnt use the IP of anyone rich and famous (and who can afford expensive lawyers) without their permission.

For some reason though your excuse just doesnt have the ring of reality to it. Then again, one of the mods over on the TW forums pointed out that the devs had posted the reasons for not having proper play offs already BUT, naturally I guess, didnt include a link to the discussion. So once I find it Ill let you know if you are right or not :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mailman

1. Hmmmm...I dont recall ever seeing requests to the developers to make the game harder over at EA.com. There were certainly a lot of bug fix requests, new camera angle requests and play off requests but little to none requesting the game be made harder.

2. Having a play off in name only is I guess better than having no play off at all. So in that sense, yes, I agree with you completely...BUT...given this is an issue carried over from TW13 Im surprised they didnt make a full go of having proper play offs included in the game.

3. Just because the PGA owns a billboard does not give them or anyone else the right to put what ever they want on it. If your theory about play offs being a licencing issue is correct then you can be guaranteed that in litigious US of A that they most certainly wouldnt use the IP of anyone rich and famous (and who can afford expensive lawyers) without their permission.

For some reason though your excuse just doesnt have the ring of reality to it. Then again, one of the mods over on the TW forums pointed out that the devs had posted the reasons for not having proper play offs already BUT, naturally I guess, didnt include a link to the discussion. So once I find it Ill let you know if you are right or not :)

Regards

Mailman

My excuse is the REASON that has been published by others, not me... so I am only trying to report what I have read elsewhere:

http://kotaku.com/5980708/at-last-tiger-woods-pga-tour-14-brings-sudden-death-to-life

As far as simulation mode being requested, EA Tiberon says it directly at the beginning of this article:

http://www.easports.com/tiger-woods/news/article/simulation-difficulty-blog

This quote is from a poster at OS Golf forum, where they have been requesting simulation mode for years:

WOHHOOOOO!!!! Now, any word on AI scoring? TW14 could be the true simulation golf game we have all been waiting for!

You may not have read it on the EA forums, but the devs said it themselves that is has been requested for a long time, they have been requesting it on the OS Golf forums, and when they have community days for the game, the OS Golf forums send a few guys every year, so yes it has been requested and noted.

Thanks for your offer to let me know if I am right or not, but I am already satisfied that my sources of info are good. :)

Thanks for the links...Im off to play real golf so will have a nosey at these later tonight.

Ive also asked the devs if they could point explicitly to where they discussed play offs over at the TW forums as a search doesnt bring anything relevant up.

But I think, given the state of the development of the game from TW13, that implementing something like a simulation mode would be far more straight forward (and cheaper...after all, this is EA we are talking about!) than implementing proper play offs as I would think there have been a lot more things being requested of the devs (like bringing the golf courses to life etc) than merely having the game made harder.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Righto...dirty 9 holes out of the way :)

So I still think the licensing issue is a red hearing as there are easy way around the problem of dealing with non-licensed players. The real problem seems to be the engine itself in that it just cannot handle the complexity of dealing with the various play off methods used across the various tournaments. I can understand this for consoles as you are stuck with what you have to work with from the get go but it does seem odd itself given the computing power available on the PC platform that they havent progressed that area further...unless of course they are just doing straight ports from one platform to another?? But there you go...again, this is EA we are talking about and development costs money!

Yes I would love them to have proper play offs with your opponent being visible just like in the training rounds as that will aid in bringing what is already a dead and sterile environment to life. I guess I should just be happy that a play off method is finally in the game anyways! :)

Perhaps the reality is that development on the PS3 (and xbox) has gone as far as they can take it and to represent play offs better and to bring the dead sterile environments to life will require the extra computing power coming with the PS4?

Again, thanks for the links. They are good reads :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

http://thesandtrap.com/b/tvmedia/tiger_woods_pga_tour_14_review

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 4 weeks later...

Thats me into the CC now.

Look for me at the top of the all time Bogey lists haha.

I'm a little too ambitious and just whacked it onto the harder settings.

• 1 year later...
Note: This thread is 3438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!