• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Ballsndrama

Titleist 913 D3 9.5 rocks

Ballsndrama    6

Traded my third driver from callaway that cracked for it.  This driver is absolutely great for controlling the ball. played this afternoon with it for the first time today. A+++ Crush it and curve it. Anyone loving this driver yet?

Mr. Desmond    371

Demoed the 913 D2 - agree on the control, need to get on an LM or course to judge distance gains.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • Gotcha. Thanks. That's a possibility too. I don't feel like I am hanging back but as you know feel ain't real.  Most likely my problem is a combination of things (maybe ball too far back combined with hanging back?). This started happening out of the blue and has been going on for about 2 weeks (5-6 rounds), and even with range work i have not been able to shake it off... yet! Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll try to double check them one at a time until I can tell for sure whether my not implementing them is the culprit. It shouldn't be too hard to recover from this, but it sure is annoying...
    • https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1859679?hole_id=34840967 Short and mid iron approaches were pretty good. Pitches, chips were fine. I just had a rough time controlling the driver until the 13th today. Also had issues topping some 5i and 4i shots though I did hit a couple nice 4i shots. Putting was pretty poor today. I'm getting acceptable distance from my driver since having the shaft shortened and contact seems better. Unfortunately, controlling the club face continues to be a challenge. Excessive penalties have been the theme for 2017. Lowering my handicap from longer courses will be next to impossible if I don't improve this part of my game.
    • I'm surprised he didn't at least ponder if there was a rule on that. I didn't know but had it happened to me I definitely would've asked my partner or someone there, 'hey is there a rule about this?' Certainly shows how it pays to know the rules. 
    • At 63 I have all the same challenges others have noted. In addition, poorer eyesight has been a new challenge. I never had to play with glasses from age 10 to late 40's and then quit golf. Now at 63 and back playing golf, just seeing the ball clearly at address has been a significant issue for me. And of course corrective lenses that work at address aren't right for reading or distance vision. Anyone else? I'm afraid between poorer vision and all the senior physical challenges, my days of consistently finding the sweet spot on my clubs are probably over. Game improvement clubs here I (reluctantly) come...
    •  I bought one. I gave a review somewhere here. Anyway, short version: i wasn't real impressed with it. Not to mention it looks like an Alien Sandwedge from days back. It's rather embarrassing to have in the bag. Playability wise it does help with basic green side bunkers but without real options for adjustments for wanting different shot types. I actually decided to watch @mvmac's bunker post again and got a tip from him as well which had me doing much better with my 56* Ping Glide 2.0. it didn't give me any good feedback on tight lies from turf. As usual it's more about proper technique so the club now sits in my closet.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dresilved
      Dresilved
      (52 years old)
    2. kpetrina
      kpetrina
      (25 years old)
    3. Luana
      Luana
      (39 years old)