IGNORED

Plastic tee ends up behind me

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been getting my driver to behave itself lately, so I have been taking it out quite a bit more.  My big slice has turned into a slight draw/straight hit with quite a bit more distance.  I still am not getting the distance I would like, however (I'm 24, in reasonably good shape, and my driving distance is typically around 220-230, which the really nice ones going 250-260 with some rollout and perhaps some wind help).  One thing I have noticed is while using plastic tees, and hitting my driver, my tee almost always ends up 5-10 yards behind me.

Does this happen to anyone else?

My best guess was that I bend the tee forward when I hit my drive, and that the recoil launches it backwards behind me.  Any other guesses?  Can I infer any strange swing problems because my tee flies backwards?

Driver:  :adams: super S

Fairway Woods: :tmade: RBZ 15* 3 wood

Hybrids:  :tmade: Burner 2.0 18* 3H, :adams: A7OS 22* 4H, :adams: A7OS 25* 5H

Irons: :adams: A7OS 6-PW

Wedges:  :cleve: 588 RTX 50* GW, :cleve: 588 BeCu 56* SW

Putter:  :odyssey: White Hot XG #7 2.0

I don't like plastice tees. I wouldn't worry about what your tee does. Pay attention to your ball flight instead. Just my 0.02. (Although I do love when I see my tee flipping up into the air out of the corner of my right eye right after a crushed drive - it's confirmation of the crushedness)

dak4n6

Back in the old days, we'd never use plastic tees because they marked up the face of the wooden clubs.

I never gave much thought about where the tee ends up as diagnostic information. I've got too much to worry about now.

It'd be pretty cool if you could make it jump up and into your pocket.

Regards,

Big Wave

Golf is the only sport in which a thorough knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship - Patrick Campbell.

Ever hit the tee again on the finish? I've done that.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!