IGNORED

My Swing (Rfordeagle)

Rfordeagle
Note: This thread is 4101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rfordeagle

I think if I keep my hips centered, they should be more forward at impact, which may help me with trajectory and hopefully my draw.

Yes I'm thinking the same thing

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, here are a couple more videos.  I really like where my swing is going, and hopefully my handicap will drop come spring time!  I was focusing on a straightish right arm at setup, and trying to keep my hips centered.  I think there's definitely some improvement in this videos.  I do feel like I was drawing the ball well, and even hit a few driver, 3 wood, hybrids that came off great.  Very encouraging day.  Let me know what you guys think.

I was focusing on a straightish right arm at setup, and trying to keep my hips centered.  I think there's definitely some improvement in this videos.  I do feel like I was drawing the ball well, and even hit a few driver, 3 wood, hybrids that came off great.  Very encouraging day.  Let me know what you guys think.

Great work!  I'd say for now keep focusing on really "owning" that set-up change and the hips being centered.  If the feel has been to get the hips to go slightly towards the target to keep them centered then you can either lessen that feel or just work on just actually being centered.  Don't want you going too far on the other side of the spectrum lol

Originally Posted by Rfordeagle

Forgot to mention.  I believe these both were 7 irons.  I still think my swing is a bit long, maybe that's the next step.

It's pretty good, maybe marginally a bit long.  Maybe spend a few minutes during a practice session "pushing into you left thumb with your right hand.  That will shorten up the arm swing and that feel goes along with a centered pivot.

Some great before and afters here.

Might tough to see but the left pic says 130 degrees, so 10 degrees less bend in the after pic.

Mike McLoughlin

Mike, thanks again for the breakdown.  I will keep doing some rehearsals and mirror work to get the hips consistently where they need to be.  Once I get comfortable with the setup and the right arm, I'll start to focus on keeping it straighter in the back swing.  I'm sure it'll take some time but I'll get it there by March!

I haven't been able to get to the range lately, but have been able to do some mirror work.  I think I can keep the hips centered and I feel comfortable with my new setup changes.  I'm still working on keeping my right arm 'straighter', and have read some good things about the swing extender.  Maybe I need to make a purchase.  :)       I'm also going to look into doing a fitting, as I think I made some mistakes in buying my first set of clubs.  Miles of Golf has a good reputation around here, may need to get some new shafts.  I'll look to get some new video up here this weekend.

I got a little slow mo video uploaded here.  I think it's getting better.  My hips seem decent here, and my right arm is getting straightish.  I really hit this ball well.  It's a seven iron.

A swing thought that was working for me was "reverse reving" a motorcycle on the way down.  For whatever reason it helped me get a flatter right wrist, and really helped my flight and draw.  I was pushing the ball a bit out left, with an occasional fade before this swing thought.  Anyways, things are feeling pretty good, and I'm excited about some of my adjustments.  Here's the video!

Just by looking at this, looks like I gotta hold my flying wedge a bit longer.  Not the best angle at impact.  Maybe that will also help me draw the ball better.

Yeah having the right wrist flatter will make it easier to draw the ball.  Looks pretty good.  Arm swing on the back swing looks at little long and then the arms can't quite get down fast enough.  Then have to dump the wrist angles to hit the ball.

Maybe in the next practice session, feel like you make some swings to A3, right arm parallel to the ground, and just smash it from there.  Here's a good swing for you to look at.

Mike McLoughlin

That swing looks so smooth.  I'll give that a go.  Almost time to join evolvr!  I'm trying to plan it out so I do evolvr for two months before the start of my season.  I told Iacas it'd be sometime in January.  About the last week of January hopefully gives me two months before I get on the course.  As always, thanks for the post.

Here is my first attempt at not letting my hands get so high......  and it looks like I failed.  I felt like it was better, but I'll have to exaggerate it more next time.  I did hit the ball well, and drawing it is getting easier.  This was nice contact with a 7 iron.

Here is my first attempt at not letting my hands get so high......  and it looks like I failed.  I felt like it was better, but I'll have to exaggerate it more next time.  I did hit the ball well, and drawing it is getting easier.  This was nice contact with a 7 iron.

Obviously that's what really matters.  Picture doesn't have to be perfect to hit good shots.  Keep up the good practice.

Mike McLoughlin

Here is my latest dtl video.  I hit this 7i well.  I wasn't able to get a face on video today.  Evolvr guys, can I use my last face on one from a week ago to start the lesson process??

I'm still not drawing the ball as consistently as I want.

Here is my latest dtl video.  I hit this 7i well.  I wasn't able to get a face on video today.  Evolvr guys, can I use my last face on one from a week ago to start the lesson process??

Yep that video will still work fine.

Originally Posted by Rfordeagle

I'm still not drawing the ball as consistently as I want.

Just starting left of the target and not drawing back?  Agree it looks good.

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks guys.

Mvmac, sometimes.  Rarely do I hit a pull, or a shot that starts right of my target line.   I don't mind it when I hang one out just a little left and it doesn't draw back.  But probably 3 or 4 times out of 20 a push fade creeps in, and I can't stand it!  I just want every ball I hit to be left to right, even if occasionally it's too much left to right.  I was looking at the stack and tilt book a little more, and perhaps my ball position is a smidge too forward?  It also looks like Bennett gets a little more forward press than me?  Just may be a couple things I'll look at.

Sometimes I do feel like I just don't have enough reps in because of just starting golf about a year ago.  I know I played a little bit when I was 12, but maybe I just lack more swings.  Still got a lot of work to do!

Note: This thread is 4101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!