IGNORED

What Are Your 2013 Golf Goals? Official Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started playing golf 15 months ago and my goal when I started was to be a single handicapper in 12 months, unfortunately my official handicap was only 10 after 12 months. Not quite there but I'm proud of what I have done!!!

I'd like to shoot sub 90 at least once this year with a side goal of a sub 40 9. Other than that nothing big this year, next year will be the major goals.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only been playing golf for 2 years now and probably only seriously for about 1 1/2 of those.

My aim this year was to get an 18 handicap and break 90.

At the beginning of this year, I was shooting scores in the high 90's (sometimes over 100) and my handicap was 24. At one point it looked like I wasn't making any progress and if it wasn't 1 problem, it was another that was causing a lot of lost shots. It got tiresome not seeing any progress being made, but I perservered and worked hard on my game.

Now 9 months on, my handicap is officially 19, but I've handed 2 cards in with +12/+13 and expecting it to drop to possibly 16/17. I also obtained my first Eagle last week, which was quite a feeling!

I'm actually immensely proud of myself for what I've achieved this year and I put my progression down to:

- Cutting out Range sessions and just getting out on the course more

- Lots of research / watching videos

- Couple of lessons with my pro

- Getting good at putting (best part of my game - averaging around 30-34 putts)

- Buying new equipment that suits my swing/feel

- Logging my stats to see which areas I need to improve on

I thought I would never even consider getting into the single digit handicaps, but I may well aim for this next year!

My goal is to shoot in the 90's at least once (preferably MORE than once!), tame my driver slice (getting much better), and work on my short game.

To add on to what the poster said above, I've noticed that on the course, my irons are pretty good for my 1st full year playing, but on the range, they're very "meh". So I've started only working on driver and wedges at the range, and have noticed a definite improvement in both while not losing anything with my irons. I'd love to get to the point where my range sessions are few and far between, but I think that's still a long ways off!

I honestly feel like once I can pitch/chip with some level of confidence, my scores will reflect it. I've had far too many 3 putts due to skulled chips or pitches that fell just on the fringe instead of closer to the hole.

Russ B.

2013 Goals are: - break 80 - shoot more birdies - get first eagle I have really put in a lot of practice this year and am very happy with the progress made. I have had the goal of breaking 80 for 2 years now, but think this could be the year.

Going into the summer, my goals were to drop my ~22 handicap (at the time) to below 20 and improve my GIRs from around 2 or 3 to maybe six.  Unfortunately, my 60-year-old body with the stiffening back and arthritic hip seems to have other ideas.  I am mired in the worst hitting slump I've ever been in, and all the numbers are going in the wrong direction.  Practice doesn't seem to help.  Lessons don't seem to help.  Might to time to swallow my pride and move up to the yellow tees.

1. I desperately want to break 100 and feel I accomplished something.

2. Being able to hit the driver without a bananarama slice into where no man has ever been before or wants to be, looking for his golf ball.

www.GolfDesperado.com - From desperate to scratch. I am still desperate :)

This is a great thread. My goals for the year were to get into a single figures. I have always been around 15, but with a natural swing I knew I could do a lot better. I played all year and got it down to 2.6, and the feeling is simply incredible.

Reasons i think i accomplished this:

- Developing my short game to the level of my iron play.

- Devoting my entire exercise regime to becoming more flexible, and developing core strength.

- Research, reading books, magazines, watching vids.

- Of course hours upon hours of practice.

I have learnt one things from this year, its that with a little perseverance, you get what you put in.

I've reached my goal for 2013 to get to an 18 handicap!

Was 24 about 5 months ago, shooting regularly in the 100's and now I'm scoring mid 80-low90 scores and dropped my handicap by 6.

Very pleased! Not sure what to aim for next year?

1. I desperately want to break 100 and feel I accomplished something. 2. Being able to hit the driver without a bananarama slice into where no man has ever been before or wants to be, looking for his golf ball.

I played one time two years ago and roughly three times last year. This year I set a goal of shooting under 100 and played twenty five or so rounds. I finally shot 96 two weeks ago and felt very accomplished since the first time I went out this year I sit 133, if I recall correctly so I share your feeling. I suffered something similar with respect to the driver, although I would say mine was more of an intentional face, but I get a handle on it when I think about it a little and don't try to kill the ball. [quote name="djones" url="/t/63760/what-are-your-2013-golf-goals-official-thread/162#post_892646"]I started playing golf 15 months ago and my goal when I started was to be a single handicapper in 12 months, unfortunately my official handicap was only 10 after 12 months. Not quite there but I'm proud by what I have done!!![/quote] I'm in awe. Granted, I would say I only started playing in March and living in New York will prevent me from playing after early November but I can only hope to find the success you have.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I started the year with a  34 Hdcp (and that was after taking 6 months of golf lessons).

Prior to 2013  I had only 1 round in my career under 100....so my goal was to score near or under 100.

Nothing seemed to work towards satisfying my goal until a short while ago.

One day, it was like something clicked and my scores started coming down.

I  have now had 8 or 9 scores under 100 this year, and one golf club outing where I scored under 90! (a course differential of 17.3)

So, I met my goals that I set for 2013 Yippee .....

Now I think I need to get help with changing where the bottom of my swing is because I

still often hit the ground behind the ball.  Maybe I should just enjoy for now and save that goal for next year!!

Here is my trend

Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!