• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanuckAaron

Anyone use WD-40 on their Scotty Cameron?

6 posts in this topic

I previously owned an oil can scotty which required a wipe down and an application of baby oil after every round to prevent rust. When I got the Newport 2 recently, I asked the sales rep whether I need to oil the studio select as well and he recommended spraying WD-40 into the headcover to help wick moisture away? Have any of you every heard of that or done it with your putters? Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

it will still keep moisture away from the headcover

but some kind of leather grease of shoe spray will do the same, ideal is probably seal grease for leather care.

Originally Posted by CanuckAaron

Makes sense, thanks.

WD-40 not needed on stainless but it is a good idea to wipe down your putter with a wet towel and dry it after use. Fertilizers and chemicals can eat up something...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Makes sense. WD-40 was originally formulated for that. Hence the name Water Displaysment 40th formula. I believe it was NASA that came up with it to keep moisture out of certain places. [quote name="CanuckAaron" url="/t/64024/anyone-use-wd-40-on-their-scotty-cameron#post_796579"]     I previously owned an oil can scotty which required a wipe down and an application of baby oil after every round to prevent rust. When I got the Newport 2 recently, I asked the sales rep whether I need to oil the studio select as well and he recommended spraying WD-40 into the headcover to help wick moisture away? Have any of you every heard of that or done it with your putters? Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.  [/quote]