IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a 60 degree Vokey soon, so I think that will probably be my most used wedge, but for the moment I use my 54 degree the most, I can use that from anywhere it's so easy to hit.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

The one I use the most is the Lob wedge I just can control de ball prety well with it. I dont have a Sand wesge planing to buy one 54*. Any recomendation?

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

I have a PW, SW, and 2 LW. One is technically illegal. I got it from wal mart, it's got some kind of super grip face that let's you spin the ball insanely. I can bring a ball back 25 feet with it on a full swing flop shot.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

SW (CG-10; 56°) I love this SW.

Regards

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I carry four wedges (PW, Gap, SW, Lob). I use all of them, but probably the SW the most. Mainly because I chip with it a lot.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i use a 60' for for a full 55-60yrd shot other than that i only se it for obstacles when theres not much room the other side. ie out of rough over a bunker onto a 14 yrd wide green etc
normally use my 54' the most inside 90yrds even for the 45yrds shots i feel i can strike the ball better than with my 60' and still get good height for a soft landing only use 48' p wedge for anything 90 yrds to 130yrds and in situations close to the green. around the green i use anything from a 4iron to a 60' wedge depends on lie putting surface slope etc i dont use woods around green cant control them well i dont like the length of the club
My chipping has welll improved even tho im a 19 hcap i haven played enough to hand new cards in recently i shot 39'- 42 on nine hole outings so im pleased with my game at the mo.

sorry to bang on so much

Driver
3wood
Hybrid
Irons
Wedge Putter Ball

I use my 53 degree more than any other club in my bag I think other than the driver and the putter

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

• 2 weeks later...
i used to use my 56 for almost every shot inside of 100 yards but now i find myself using all 3 of my wedges fairly equally. i am definitely more comfortable with my 52 now than any other wedge
what's in the bag

Driver: looking for a new one

3 wood: Hibore 15 degreeHybrid: Halo 2 ironIrons: 704 CB 3-PWWedges: CG 10 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XG Marxman MalletBall: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

• 2 weeks later...
For everyone who is saying they enjoy using their sandwedge the most....is it because you are in the sand or unfavorable lies....or is it the sole's bounce that is making the difference? Reason I ask is that the larger bounce is for mitigating 'stuffing' the shot.

I love my 50* wedge so I always try to leave my ball 100 yards from the hole to give me the best shot at GIR.
In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

Overall, I use a 58 degree sand wedge more than any other in my bag.

I use the 58 and 52 degree about equally on shots inside 80 yards, favoring the 52 if possible. I also use a pitching wedge and 9 iron on shots like this occasionally, if the green entrance is open and the pin back, where I want the ball to roll out.

Pitch shots around the green and bunker shots are almost all done with the 58 degree. Chip shots are either the 58 or 52, depending on length.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!