IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

How many different wedges do you have and which do you use the most often? Just curious as there are some good choices to choose from and wedges are often used. I have a PW SW and GP, but I definately use my SW the most, its so handy

In The Bag

Driver: Launcher 400cc
Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 7 Wood
Hybrid: 3H X Hybrid 21 DegreesIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-PWGW: CG10 52 DegreesSW: Tour Action 56 DegreesPutter: White Hot Marxman XG Mallet

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my sand wedge (56 deg CG11) probably more than any other club, other than my putter. I do have a 52 deg GW, but it is not a cavity back and I often his mit with it, and as a result my SW usually ends up going further and straighter (not to mention with more confidence).

In my Bag: (Sun Mountain C-130 '07)

Driver: X460 11°
5W: Big Bertha Ti '05
4h: Fusion FT 23°5i-GW: Big Bertha '04SW: CG11 56° Putter: G5i Anser

Fringe shots: 52 degree GW to keep it low
Chip shots: 56 degree SW to throw it up with a little spin to stop it closer
pitch shots: used to use my PW, but now I'm using this "no wrist" Sand Wedge shot and I'm spinning the ball like crazy like this cuz im catching the ball "real clean"..works cool.

So, I'd say my SW.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

used to use my PW, but now I'm using this "no wrist" Sand Wedge shot and I'm spinning the ball like crazy like this cuz im catching the ball "real clean"..works cool.

that sounds great. care to tell me how it's done. i have a hard time getting spin with my pw also and would like to try this out.

btw, i use my pw the most. my sw is only used in the sand. i also sometimes use a 7 iron to run some up from the fringe. depends on my mood.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

I use all my wedges extensively depending on the distance and situations.

PW (47 degrees) - Mostly used for green side chipping, up slope chipping/pitching, 70-85 meters pitch to attack the pin. Full swing to reach 110-120 meters.

SW/GW (52-08 degrees) - Used for 60-75 meter pitch range. Sand bunker, when the pin is further away from the bunker. Also used for down hill chipping/pitching depending on the slope.

SW/LW (58-08 degrees) - Used for short lob around 30 meters with open face, normal pitch from 45-60 meters range, when the pin is closer to the bunker. Sometimes over trees. Also used for down hill chipping/pitching depending on the slope.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

When I am in the fringe I generally don't use a wedge. I use something between a 7 and 9 iron, keeping the ball low and acting more like a putt.

When I am farther off the green it really depends on the situation. If there isn't much green to work with and have to go over a bunker I may take out the 60 and flop it. If I have to get it to the back of the green I may use my 56 degree.

But all in all, I would say I use my 56 degree wedge the most for chipping.

Driver : SQ Sumo 5000 9.5˚ VS 65 proto
3 Wood : V steel
Irons : MP-32 3-PW
Wedges : R-series 56˚ & 60˚
Putter : Tri-Force 2Ball : Pro V1x

I use my 60* for basically anything inside of 50 yards.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I use my 60* for pretty much everything inside of 70 yards, but it usually depends on the lie and condition of the course. It's my primary chipping wedge, but then again, I've spent countless hours working on various different shots and distance control.....usually not the thing that lets me down...

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

I use my 60* for anything really inside of 80 yards. If i have a lot of pin to work with i'll use my 56* or 52*. I am starting the process of switching to using my 56* more often though because i've been chunking to many lob wedge shots.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

90-100 yards, I use my PW (47°)
80 yards or when I must clear a hazard, GW (52°)
60-70 yards or out of a bunker, SW (56°)
Inside 60 yards, LW (60°)

I'd say my "go-to" club is the 52° because I usually don't have to worry about getting the ball up high, and it's always far enough, but with the 60° I've come up short countless times (still getting used to it).
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

I currently carry 4 wedges, PW (45), GW (51), SW (56) and LW (60). The SW is the one I use the most so that needs to be versatile.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I don't know what I would do without my 56* sand wedge. It is by far my favorite club in the bag. I use it on the green side rough all the way to 110 yards. My favorite distance is 60 yards. A local pro taught me to have a slight open stance with the ball off my front toe. Hands even with the club head. I never break my wrist throughout the shot. In the last 3 weeks, I have chipped in twice from within 20 yards, chipped in once from 60 yards, hit the pin twice from 60 yards. I really like the shot.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Around the green I prefer to play a shot that is similar to a bump and run with a little more flight on the front end, hence I use my Gap Wedge the most.

For full shots I <3 full Lob Wedge.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I use my 52* gap wedge for most anything inside of 100 yards, unless I have very little green to work with, or I'm in fluffy sand--in both cases I'll use my 58* sand/lob. Makes the choices easy.

7 iron, absolutely love a putt 7 around the green. When not applicable though, my 54* Vokey for anything up to 70. 50*G to 90, PW from there

Driver: 454 Comp R-flex 45g, 10.5*
Hybrid: Baffler 3I 20*
4i-GW: 3100 I/H
Wedges: 56* 60* Vokeys
Putter: White Hot XG #1

Unless a situation warrants it (high wind, overhanging trees), I pretty much always use my 60 within 80 yards. Sometimes I'll use a pitching wedge if I have some green to work with, but the 60 is the only thing I can stop on a green next to a tight pin. I can use it out of almost anything - cabbage, hardpan, sand, without much trouble.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

The gap is the most usefull club in the bag. Full shots, half shots, chips, flops and spinners oh my. The 60 is the pretty girl that wants nothing to do with you so leave it alone and your feeling won't be hurt.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

My 60* Lob Wedge for just about anything within 60 yards.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!