IGNORED

Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Wedge Do You Use Most Often?

• Pitching Wedge
    • Gap Wedge
    • Sand Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Other

Out of the rough around the greens I'll use my 56. If I have a tighter lie that I can spin the ball more I'll use my 52 or Pitching wedge depending on how much green I have to work with. Always trial and error.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I use a 58 degree sand wedge more than any other in my bag.

Sorry to ask again...what is everone's definition of a sandwedge? Is it one with more sole bounce? One that has 15* bounce?

I still think that bounce has more to do than loft. What are the thoughts?

Sorry to ask again...what is everone's definition of a sandwedge? Is it one with more sole bounce? One that has 15* bounce?

To me its loft. 54 to 56 is a sand wedge. 58 to 60 is a lob wedge. You can get a sand wedge with very little loft.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I use my 50deg the most. I like it for close to the green and for the in between shots. very comfortable with it. think that's what makes most people choose which wedge they like most.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

• 2 months later...
love em both

60. i can hit i full from 105 no problem. a smooth 3/4 swing get me 85 yrds. i can use it around greens, bunkers, flop shots. etc.

54. is best from 120-125 and the club i use to chip with the most around the greens. bunker shots with more carry or run.

i rarely use my pw unless uphill or long chips with lots of green.

driver 905r 9.5* v2 s
5wd 909f2 18.5* diamana blue s
hyb 585h 21* 4175 s 585h 24* 4175 s
irons mx23 5-pw rifle 6.0
vokey wedges 52.8 bent to 50/ spn mill 54.10 bent to 55 spn mill/ 60.8 oil can putter redwood anser 34" 2* flat ball pro v1 X red aim line and a red dot over the e in titleist.home...

56º. It's the only one I have

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I use my pitching wedge the most. I only use the sandwedge in the sand. But after reading some of these replies I might have to get the sandwedge out of the bag a little more often and let it play.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

I use my PW for most shots within 110-117metres.

But if i need some clearance or spin, i'll reach for the LW.

I only use my SW out of the sand.

but, i hit my PW more than i should. either through choking down, half swing etc.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

It's bounce. The degree of bounce varies. Sarazen invented the sand wedge by putting solder on the trailing edge of a niblick (9I).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I use my sand wedge, a 56 degree Cleveland CG10 with medium bounce for pretty much everything 85 and in. Chips, pitches, out of the sand everything.

I might use and 8 or 9 iron to do some bump and runs if I need to get it under a tree or something.

Only problem is the grooves are really starting to wear because it is the club I practice the most with too. I bought a spin milled vokey 56 deg 10 bounce, but am afraid to take the cg10 out of the bag!

I have read alot of things about usig different clubs to make all the shots, but I really like being able to use this one club to make all the shots. maybe it is just that club is so versatile.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

I tend to use my PW a lot for varing distances and shots. I think it affords me the greatest control over my shots from the rough, fairway and around the greens. I use my other wedges for specified distances and when I need to get the ball up in the air quickly.

r7 SuperQuad Mid 9.5 Fujikura RE*AX 65 Shaft More Draw Weight Configuration
i10 2-PW Green Dot AWT X-Flex Shafts 703 Gold Grips
Tour-W Wedges Black Nickel Chrome 54/10 & 58/8 Green Dot AWT X-Flex Shafts 703 Gold Grips
Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5 Putter Black Studio Design Grip
ProV1...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I use my 60* Lob the most. Works perfect around the greens/sand traps and I love to throw a soft flop onto the green when a bump and run is too risky (which is often due to the hillside greens).

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Sand wedge right now because I can't seem to hit many greens off the oklahoma hardpan fairways. Come on grass.....grow already!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Because of my game, I have to use my wedge a lot. I am always off to the side or short. I have a good feel for it though and can land it close.

Joe

In the bag at this point

Adams RPM 9.5°
Adams Tightlies Strong 3 16°
Adams Tightlies Strong 7 24°Hogan CFT Hybrid 3Hogan CFT irons (5-P)Alien SWCameron Futura 2 35"Top Flight Gamer

Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!