IGNORED

Fore Inventors Only

Arsenal Forever
Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've purchased the Z-Factor Perfect Putting Machine so you know where my vote is at. I will also be offering these at my shop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why everyone thinks the proplay gps will slow the round down? I will assume most of us stand behind the ball to get our aim correct. So that's when you set the camera down. then take your shot. pick up the camera and go to your cart. what's that like 10 extra seconds a shot? I doubt most people would use it for every shot. I personally would only use it for my drives/long iron shots.

Just my very humble opinon.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

I am amazed at some of the comments regarding people and products on the show--I thought that golf was for educated people--To comment negatively regarding a Father/Daughter relationship is disgraceful-- I think that they are showing true emotion and are leaning on one another during a stressful time.

The hill shot product looks great and is VERY functional for the professional that can AFFORD a YARD.

All of the top 10 products are impressive and their creators are winners.

I am unsure of who my vote will go to at this point---but please keep the crticism of the products to the producst--

No wonder peopl ein the media have drug addictions---I must have forgotten how perfect all of you must be--

Please post pictures of yourselves and your families so that you may be grilled and picked apart-- I am sure most of you are either fat, bald, impotent, small penis, poor, uneducated or all of the above--

I guess that is the fun of the internet for some morons-----it is anonymous--

Feel free to send your address so i can forward it on to the "little hill shot guy" --- I have seen a lot of fights in my time and my money is on him- He has HEART!

I can't believe that the gyroscope didn't make it. That is the one I would have been the most interested in.

As much as I hated Shaft Skins, and one would never go near my clubs, it seems like they could have done really well in stores. All you would need would be ones with the
logo of the local college and pro sports teams and you'd sell a ton.

Regarding the ones left...
Pro Play GPS: Please go away and never come back. You didn't invent a camera, you didn't invent a tripod, and I hate how you use GPS in the title.

Hillshot Golf: It is a good idea, but it shouldn't be anywhere near this competition. They can't sell that thing in Golfsmith. No one would buy one for their home. It should be marketed towards driving ranges and golf instructors. It never should have made it this far.

Club Glider: I can see how it would benefit some people, but nowhere near enough to make it a worthy winner. Also, it doesn't appear to me that it would work for tall people. I think the handle is too low for me to use it. I'd have to lift to the point where the front wheels are off the ground, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

Z-Factor: I like this one, but I wonder if the cost would be too inhibitive. I also think they'd have to make it look a little friendlier and sturdier. Of the ones so far, this is the only one that I would have voted for if I hadn't voted for...

Club Caddy: Simple, effective, and useful. I'd use one, and so would many Golfsmith shoppers, I think. It should be a very easy sell. $20 would be way too much, but I assume they can mass-produce these for very little and thus profit a lot even with a $5-$10 price tag. I would have preferred to vote for the gyroscope club, but I'm fine with voting for this instead.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere...

I wonder if this has anything to do with why the Gyrocope didn't advance:
http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat6530845.pdf

I'm not a patent lawyer, and I don't play one on the Internet, but it seems to me that the producers might have looked up existing patents on all the products before letting them into the finals.

• Administrator
I I would have preferred to vote for the gyroscope club, but I'm fine with voting for this instead.

You can vote multiple times... so if you like one 2x as much as the other, you can vote for one 6 times and the other 3 (and ignore the other three).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I love these inventor shows, but it always makes me angry when I didn't think of that! I love the Proplay camera, but I don't think it is really a new invention. It is just like a smaller video camera. When is somebody going to invent an inflatable caddy? I would buy that. Anyway, this is my first post as a newbie. Love the forum and can't wait to start my own threads!
In My Bag:

Driver::Louisville Golf - Smart Persimmon 9.5*
Irons:CG2 3-PW
Wedges:Reg. 588's (SW, LW)Putter:Studio Design 1Ball:Pro-v1Bag:Pro Stand Deluxe

I am amazed at some of the comments regarding people and products on the show--I thought that golf was for educated people--To comment negatively regarding a Father/Daughter relationship is disgraceful-- I think that they are showing true emotion and are leaning on one another during a stressful time.

Almost all of that was completely uncalled for. I don't care how much stress they're under, I just find it creepy.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Almost all of that was completely uncalled for.

I Agree completely.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

Yes!!! I'm happy. I can get myself some Club Caddies now.

I thought the final two would have been the Z Factor and the Club Caddy. Z was eliminated second though.

15% was the Z Factor, Club Glider got 17%, and the winner got 30%. That's 62%, leaving 38% out there to split between the 2nd- and 5th-place products. That means that the Hillshot Golf got between 29% and 24% and the ProPlay between 9 and 14%. Frankly, I was expecting more of a blowout between the Club Caddy and the Hillshot - it was at most a 6% difference.

I still can't get past two things:
a) You can't sell the Hillshot in stores! People can't buy it if they can't even take it home in their car.
b) A camera on a tripod ain't an invention.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm glad the Club Caddy won as well. It was really the only one of five with mass-market appeal. I would have thought the order for second through fourth would have been different, it doesn't really matter in the end.

I'm happy that America didn't get suckered into voting for Pro Play. Speaking of which, was it my imagination, or did they often drop the "GPS" when referring to it tonight?

It wouldn't surprise me if we eventually see more of these for sale in-store, or at least on the Golfsmith website. Well, maybe not Hillshot Golf... That doesn't work in-store, and the shipping charges for online orders would probably be brutal. Oh yeah, they also want $750 for it. Good luck with that one.

• Administrator
I'm glad the Club Caddy won as well. It was really the only one of four with mass-market appeal.

Indeed. I alone might buy two or three. They'll make easy presents, they'll sell some for backups... etc. I have a few bags - I might get one for each. As the Golfsmith guy said a few episodes ago: he could sell a ton of those.

How many $750 Hillshots would he sell? Speaking of which, why wasn't the price point made more public during the whole thing? I bet if people knew the Hillshot cost $750 they wouldn't have made it as far as they did.
I'm happy that America didn't get suckered into voting for Pro Play. Speaking of which, was it my imagination, or did they often drop the "GPS" when referring to it tonight?

The "Golf Agency" guys recommended they drop that last week, so they did.

P.S. I kind of thought all the 60-second commercials were dumb. The voiceovers were horrible and they were annoying, annoying, annoying. "It's LIGHT! It's PORTABLE! And it's AFFORDABLE!!!" Ugh, give me a break... Added Facts Final numbers are on the site: Club Caddy [30%], Hillshot Golf [24%], Club Glider [17%], Z-Factor [15%], ProPlay GPS [13%]. Hillshot golf will cost you $750 + $175 to have it delivered to your home ($925, plus tax perhaps). So hey, for just under a thousand bucks, you too can practice on a slanted piece of plastic. Seriously... this kind of thing makes me want to invest in a cinder block, a half sheet of plywood, and a little plastic turf. Wouldn't that do just about the same thing AND be more portable AND far more cost effective?

The "Golf Agency" guys recommended they drop that last week, so they did.

Ah OK, I must have missed that. I must admit that I was fast-forwarding through a few of the segments in the recent shows.

How many $750 Hillshots would he sell?

They are now $925 Hillshots, since it won't be sold in stores

. Shipping charges on their website: $125 + $50 if it is a residential delivery. Another pricing gem: Replacement turf is $209 or $229, depending on what type of turf you want.

• Administrator
here is one you can get now

That ain't it.

That ain't it.

Unlike David Jones' Club Caddy, you can also use this product to cook shish-ke-bob in the fairway while waiting for a slow group in front of you.

= Seriously, though... how long realistically until a Club Caddy is available for purchase do you guys think? Screw the informercial... I'm ready to drive 41 miles each way to the nearest GolfSmith and pay up to $20 for this thing right now.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

Seriously, though... how long realistically until a Club Caddy is available for purchase do you guys think? Screw the informercial... I'm ready to drive 41 miles each way to the nearest GolfSmith and pay up to $20 for this thing right now.

me too

just in my short time of playin golf i can see the need for one

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!