IGNORED

Formula 1?

Ben
Note: This thread is 4735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Way to go Kubica! 2nd place, that's my dude!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2011 season is off and running (pun intended).

I really didn't stay up to date during the off-season and while I went to check on which racers were where, I saw the new names, but more importantly didn't see my guy's name. Robert Kubica. Through some research online I found out that he was in a Rally Car race in Italy and had some horrific crash where they initially thought he'd lose an arm. 12 hours of surgery later he still has his arm, thankfully. I couldn't imagine a young talented driver like that losing at arm. There goes a career, but I guess that's one off the dangers of this sport. He made it out alright, again. He had a gnarly crash a few years back too. Can't remember the race, but it was the race before Indy, which I went to and wanted to root him on. I did coincidentally get to meet him. Turns out a lot of the teams were staying in the same hotel as I and I saw him relaxing in the lobby so I went and said hello. Does anyone know if he's coming back to Formula 1?

Anyway, who's stoked to see some real racing?

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

2011 season is off and running (pun intended).

I really didn't stay up to date during the off-season and while I went to check on which racers were where, I saw the new names, but more importantly didn't see my guy's name. Robert Kubica. Through some research online I found out that he was in a Rally Car race in Italy and had some horrific crash where they initially thought he'd lose an arm. 12 hours of surgery later he still has his arm, thankfully. I couldn't imagine a young talented driver like that losing at arm. There goes a career, but I guess that's one off the dangers of this sport. He made it out alright, again. He had a gnarly crash a few years back too. Can't remember the race, but it was the race before Indy, which I went to and wanted to root him on. I did coincidentally get to meet him. Turns out a lot of the teams were staying in the same hotel as I and I saw him relaxing in the lobby so I went and said hello. Does anyone know if he's coming back to Formula 1?

Anyway, who's stoked to see some real racing?

I played the brickyard golf course and it has a couple holes that go through the infield of the indianapolis speedway. They were running some cars while we were playing in there and I was shocked by the speed they get coming out of a corner. Long story short they are racing in Baltimore this year so I'm going to check it out.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Big motorsport and F1 fan here !  Two most shocking things about F1.  Noise and Braking Performance.  Has to be seen, heard en felt in real life !

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I played the brickyard golf course and it has a couple holes that go through the infield of the indianapolis speedway. They were running some cars while we were playing in there and I was shocked by the speed they get coming out of a corner. Long story short they are racing in Baltimore this year so I'm going to check it out.

Formula 1 is back in the states? Cool!  I had heard rumors about a circuit in Vegas. Glad to hear they are back in anycase.

Originally Posted by bcgolf

Big motorsport and F1 fan here !  Two most shocking things about F1.  Noise and Braking Performance.  Has to be seen, heard en felt in real life !

I know what you mean, the "heard" and "felt" kinda go hand in hand. If you hear them, you're certainly feeling them. I remember my first glimps of the cars at practice at Indy. They were coming out of the massive banked turn into that loooong straightaway and we walked into the bleacher section right at the point where the straightaway started, right where they had high RPMs running to catch top gear into the straight. Man, that last gear shift and the intense noise. Seriously awe-inspiring. Those are beastly vehicles. Totally amazing power! TV shows them going fast, but until you see them live, you have NO idea.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

Formula 1 is back in the states? Cool!  I had heard rumors about a circuit in Vegas. Glad to hear they are back in anycase.

Actually, it's the IndyCars that race in Baltimore this year; Labor Day weekend, as I recall. But don't fret: a new circuit is being constructed in Austin for the USGP starting next year.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• 4 weeks later...

IndyCar?! ew. hahaha

Anyhow, here's an interview with Kubica on formula1.com about his accident/recovery...

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2011/4/11962.html

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's looking good for Kubica.  Revalidation is one thing, but being a top athlet again like F1 pilots have to be is another thing !  Furthermore "Quick Nick" is not doing too bad in Robert's place either.

Originally Posted by Ben

IndyCar?! ew. hahaha

Anyhow, here's an interview with Kubica on formula1.com about his accident/recovery...

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2011/4/11962.html

I am a big Indy fan but I also got hooked on F1 when I was over in the UK.

I even managed to purchase a PC game called Grand Prix 4.

Here are some youtube vids:

The USA track:

Crashes:

This is a old game (I even had to buy it on Ebay) but it is still top notch today. Its more simulation than arcade like most modern grand prix sims. There are loads of mods for modern day.

Take a look. If you are interested you will probably have to get it from www.ebay.co.uk

Note: This thread is 4735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!