IGNORED

Looking for Golf advice and help

Scott McGhee
Note: This thread is 4059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, i am not a golfer at all but im looking for some golf related help.

I am involved in a sport just like golf, you either understand it or dont. Its called geocaching.

Back to my point, there is a puzzle about a golf card, using stableford rules and somehow we have to gain co-ordinates from it. Could anyone offer me any help whatsoever?

Originally Posted by Scott McGhee

Hi, i am not a golfer at all but im looking for some golf related help.

I am involved in a sport just like golf, you either understand it or dont. Its called geocaching.

Back to my point, there is a puzzle about a golf card, using stableford rules and somehow we have to gain co-ordinates from it. Could anyone offer me any help whatsoever?

The stableford points are the ones in the row W/L/H/PTS.

It might help if you tell people what you're looking to find, just as you don't know much about golf you can't expect people here to know about geocaching coordinates. Is it just a lat and long? How many digits/decimal places?

Players often put their score on a hole and points together when telling their marker what they got. For instance on hole one the golfer took 4 strokes and scored 3 points and that becomes a 4 for 3 or just 43. Hole 2 is a 44. Hole 3 could just be a 0.

But I'm not sure what to make of the back 9, then 10th hole being a 10 for 0 and there's no 43/44/45 there at all that I can see.

That is correct. Geocashing is an activity that is basically large scale scavenger hunting. In this case, the clue is coordinates on a scorecard.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife is a geocache enthusiast too.

Do you know the approximate position of the cache?  What's the closest lat/long to the cache that you can identify?  That will give us a point of reference.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!