IGNORED

My Swing (jbishop15)

jbishop15

Taken today by my instructor Frank Gasaway. I should add that the FO view is a little misleading; that was probably the worst swing I made today.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Frank's a good dude, what is he telling you to do?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I've been getting ahead of the ball in my downswing lately, and we started working on keeping my head still today.

Mostly, though, my full swing has been pretty damn good, and we've been working on my short game and putting. Frank has worked wonders with my golf game.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Mostly, though, my full swing has been pretty damn good, and we've been working on my short game and putting. Frank has worked wonders with my golf game.

That's good, gotta learn how to use that bounce.

Mike McLoughlin

That's good, gotta learn how to use that bounce.

He's been working with me on that quite a lot. The wedge I use only has six degrees of bounce, so I have to practice a lot.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• Administrator

He's been working with me on that quite a lot. The wedge I use only has six degrees of bounce, so I have to practice a lot.

Seriously though: get a new wedge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah I second this, only going to make things easier.

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah I second this, only going to make things easier.

Agreed. I just love my 60 degree so much. Its hard to switch. I've been looking at the Taylormade ATV wedge, and my birthday is coming up, so lets hope.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Any comment on the stand up during the backswing, duck back down during the down swing action from anyone?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Any comment on the stand up during the backswing, duck back down during the down swing action from anyone?

My instructor and I don't think its a big deal. Not a priority, I think, because i do go back down in the downswing.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

My instructor and I don't think its a big deal. Not a priority, I think, because i do go back down in the downswing.

Your swing looks pretty nice, so that makes sense.  Just looks so hard to pull of consistently!  But I guess that's why that's not one of the (many) oddities of my swing, but it is one of yours.  You can pull it off...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Your swing looks pretty nice, so that makes sense.  Just looks so hard to pull of consistently!  But I guess that's why that's not one of the (many) oddities of my swing, but it is one of yours.  You can pull it off...

Yeah. I've been doing that since I was a tiny little kid swinging a golf club. But honestly that's probably the most its ever lifted, in the FO video. Its only a inch or two usually.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Originally Posted by jbishop15

Yeah his instructor Frank Gasaway is a smart dude so I'm prone to agree with whatever he says the priority piece is.

Mike McLoughlin

Been working steadily on keeping my head still on the downswing. Finding a consistent feel has been difficult (one feel thats worked well is stretching my left side on the downswing), but I'm making progress. Wanted to do range work today, but my poor state of Georgia is full of ice and snow.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Made good progress on my swing. The lurch forward has basically been eliminated. Just a half an inch after working with my instructor. We're moving on to a new piece.

Footwork is the name of the game now. Keeping the hips "deep", so to speak. Frank put a foam stick in front of my right knee and I had to make swings with hitting it on the downswing. Worked out really well. Immediately fixed the fats and the thins that I'd been dealing with the last few weeks. Rolling the right ankle changed everything.

In conjunction with that, we've been working on changing my driver AOA. I have a very steep AOA with my driver and it's been a secondary piece for a while now (i.e. I've been reluctant to change my driver habits.) Today, though, I got frustrated with my lack of distance. I hit my driver 260 one hole and then hit an 8-iron 177 yards on the next. My distances don't match up in that regard. After a few drills and mishits, my first hit on the upswing carried 300 yards. I think I'll stick with that.

Long post with no video. I'm going out to the course before college tomorrow to hit some balls for a few hours. If I can find my tripod (buried deep in the garage smh) I've record some video.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Quick Update: got a new wedge. Taylormade ATV 52 degree. Playing golf in the dogfight tomorrow.

Also, it's my birthday tomorrow. I'm turning 22. I wouldn't want to spend it anywhere else.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 1 month later...

So lately I've been seeing something weird. The brown eye is where I would tee up, and the two white tees represent my divot after i hit it. The shot that results from this is usually a tight baby draw. Why is my divot so far right of my tee and why is it straight vs right-pointing?

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Don't take much stock in what your divots are doing. Where they occur matter more than what they look like, making sure they happen after the ball.

Also, what iron are you using in that set up?

I would say you have the ball too far back and standing too close, if that is were your feet are at when you set up to the ball.

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
My Game Golf Profile -
Click Here! (It's not a trap) fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2