• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Island Par

Ping Drivers G20 or i 20?

Island Par    0

I am a fan of the putters and fairway woods but I really haven't tried their drivers, I am a 24hcp weekend warrior and I was playing a Callaway FT-iz and am considering a switch to either a G20, or the i20.  I am looking for both carry and roll which when reading reviews show that the G20 provides both but I would like to hear from G20 or i20 users to help me make a good decision.

Thanks in advance.

G20 is a really good and forgiving driver. I play one and really like it. The price is right these days at $199 about everywhere and you can probably do better especially with a used one. Guys that have to have the newest and greatest will soon be trading up for the g25. I've never played the i20 but have played the Answer as a demo. I like the shaft options of the Answer and the ease of changing shafts. But you do pay$$ for that luxury. I suggest finding a shop that has a demo or used one and take it out on the course for a round to try. Launch monitors and range balls are OK but I like to hit my ball in real conditions to get a true idea of performance. Good luck.

inthecup    22
Originally Posted by Island Par

I am a fan of the putters and fairway woods but I really haven't tried their drivers, I am a 24hcp weekend warrior and I was playing a Callaway FT-iz and am considering a switch to either a G20, or the i20.  I am looking for both carry and roll which when reading reviews show that the G20 provides both but I would like to hear from G20 or i20 users to help me make a good decision.

Thanks in advance.

A driver is not going to give you roll by itself.  It is a combination of your swing, the shaft and the head.  I would get fit by someone who knows what they are doing.   With that said I would stick with an G (20, 25) driver if you want to go Ping.  It is very forgiving.  I have a G20 that I was fit for and I like it quite a bit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

cipher    390

I had the i20 and it is not as forgiving as the g20 from what I understand.  I like the i20 but had an occasional weird hit that would go unusually high on me.  I have heard others have had the same issues.  Only a couple of the pros use them they are all using the G series or the Anser driver which is what I switched to.  Definately the G20 woudl be the best for you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jazzfan    2
I game the i20 and it's the only driver that I have kept for over a year, it is a little harder to hit then my friends g20. Being a 24hcp I would advise the g20 just for its forgiving nature.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this