IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Cipher - Your myswing thread is one of like four that I subscribe to and follow. I really like your commitment and dedication, and your swing. I practice in slow motions constantly, but never record or post about those. My goal is to do that this year a lot more. I also really like your list, and plan on doing the same thing - instead of remembering what to look for, or focusing on 1-3 things, making a list of several checkpoints to look at when analyzing your videos.  Anyways, I thoroughly enjoy your thread and watching your improvement.

Mike - I am confused on these pictures. I read this as your are telling Cipher to have his chest pointing down. But it seems that the chest is a function of the turn - ie, if the left shoulder is at 6 o'clock the chest points to 9, and if you turn any more past 6 o'clock the chest has to point up? In the picture on the right it looks like the chest is pointing up too?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cipher - Your myswing thread is one of like four that I subscribe to and follow. I really like your commitment and dedication, and your swing. I practice in slow motions constantly, but never record or post about those. My goal is to do that this year a lot more. I also really like your list, and plan on doing the same thing - instead of remembering what to look for, or focusing on 1-3 things, making a list of several checkpoints to look at when analyzing your videos.  Anyways, I thoroughly enjoy your thread and watching your improvement.  Mike - I am confused on these pictures. I read this as your are telling Cipher to have his chest pointing down. But it seems that the chest is a function of the turn - ie, if the left shoulder is at 6 o'clock the chest points to 9, and if you turn any more past 6 o'clock the chest has to point up? In the picture on the right it looks like the chest is pointing up too?

Thank you very much. I do appreciate that. It has been a lot of hard work and I am lucky to have had a lot of great help.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Still working on toe up at two, that is looking much better.  Trying to also work on DS and being able to hit a more shallow push cut.  There are a few ugly things with this but honestly things are really improving with consistent start lines and curve.  I might just play a fade on everything to start the season.

Nate

• Administrator

MUCH more gooder.

Also, you're good with a fade, you like it, yeah?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

MUCH more gooder. Also, you're good with a fade, you like it, yeah?

Yeah I really do like it. It is nice having irons and woods with the same pattern.

Nate

Yeah I really do like it. It is nice having irons and woods with the same pattern.

Swing looks good bud.  The movie kills me :-P .  I would love to have a pattern with either woods or irons let alone both ha ha but thats definitely OT.  What iron are you hitting there?  Are you getting a fade with your short irons as well?

Swing looks good bud.  The movie kills me :-P .  I would love to have a pattern with either woods or irons let alone both ha ha but thats definitely OT.  What iron are you hitting there?  Are you getting a fade with your short irons as well?

Haha, yeah I was just having a bit too much fun with iMovie while I am losing my sanity over WCC not opening yet. Six iron is what I was hitting. I pretty much fade every single club right now.

Nate

Haha, yeah I was just having a bit too much fun with iMovie while I am losing my sanity over WCC not opening yet.

Six iron is what I was hitting. I pretty much fade ever single club right now.

Thats sweet.  Have you heard when they are planning on opening?  If your looking for somewhere to go almost all of the public courses in the area are opening by saturday.

Thats sweet.  Have you heard when they are planning on opening?  If your looking for somewhere to go almost all of the public courses in the area are opening by saturday.

They just keep saying...soon. Yeah I am tempted to play somewhere Sunday.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the VVS, I did not have my stand in the shop this morning and the angles are not great.  Still trying to get comfortable with finding the right feel for toe up at 2 and translating that to a decent clubface position at 7.  I feel the move to A2 as pretty much just the forearms rotating the club in and then I allow the body to turn the arms up from there(even though in a full swing my core does start to move with the rotation of the arms to A2).  I wish I could feel this in one piece, but I can't yet find the feel for that.  It is pretty much a two move takeaway for me at this point.  So far my tendency with this is to hit the irons leaving the face too open.  The driver seems to work pretty well with this feel so far.  The fairway woods have been inconsistent but so far are better than last year anyway.

Nate

• Administrator
Sorry for the VVS, I did not have my stand in the shop this morning and the angles are not great.  Still trying to get comfortable with finding the right feel for toe up at 2 and translating that to a decent clubface position at 7.  I feel the move to A2 as pretty much just the forearms rotating the club in and then I allow the body to turn the arms up from there(even though in a full swing my core does start to move with the rotation of the arms to A2).  I wish I could feel this in one piece, but I can't yet find the feel for that.  It is pretty much a two move takeaway for me at this point.  So far my tendency with this is to hit the irons leaving the face too open.  The driver seems to work pretty well with this feel so far.  The fairway woods have been inconsistent but so far are better than last year anyway.

I'm purposefully not saying much right now to this because I think you'll figure it out.

I will point out that the more your right shoulder works down rather than out and around (and the left hip and left shoulder work up rather than to the left as well), the tougher it will be to "square" the face.

The camera angle isn't great but look at your shoulders and hips from 5-7.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm purposefully not saying much right now to this because I think you'll figure it out.

I will point out that the more your right shoulder works down rather than out and around (and the left hip and left shoulder work up rather than to the left as well), the tougher it will be to "square" the face.

The camera angle isn't great but look at your shoulders and hips from 5-7.

Got it.  I have struggled with that shoulder issue for a long time.  I can get the hip work for sure(and maybe that will help the shoulders, idk), I will keep working on it.  I feel like things are getting fairly close right now to where I want to be.  I just need to keep at at.

Nate

• Administrator

Got it.  I have struggled with that shoulder issue for a long time.  I can get the hip work for sure(and maybe that will help the shoulders, idk), I will keep working on it.  I feel like things are getting fairly close right now to where I want to be.  I just need to keep at at.

It is very close, yes.

Keep up the good work. We're going to rock the west team in Arizona :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Keep up the good work. We're going to rock the west team in Arizona

Will do, I just hope I can control Key 5 a little better by then.

Nate

http://gamegolf.com/round/252912 Could not hit a fade to save my life the last couple days. I was just starting to roll with it during my round this morning. With my 4 iron shot on 9 something gave out near my left wrist and I lost the shot out to the right. I will see how it is in the morning, but I don't have a good feeling about this. Feels like a tendon just above my wrist on the outside of my arm is popping out of place when I move my arm. I may go see a doc tomorrow. Can't even hold a club at the moment. I have never had any kind of issue like this.

Nate

• Administrator

Could not hit a fade to save my life the last couple days. I was just starting to roll with it during my round this morning. With my 4 iron shot on 9 something gave out near my left wrist and I lost the shot out to the right. I will see how it is in the morning, but I don't have a good feeling about this. Feels like a tendon just above my wrist on the outside of my arm is popping out of place when I move my arm. I may go see a doc tomorrow. Can't even hold a club at the moment. I have never had any kind of issue like this.

Go see a doctor. Don't "maybe" it, please.

• Upvote 1

Go see a doctor. Don't "maybe" it, please.

Second this!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!