IGNORED

GolfNow's new reward program

telrod11
Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is the new GolfNow rewards program fair?

• Yes
    • No

The deal caddy credit is useless to me. They don't offer any city in Louisiana.

Deal caddy deals include all sorts of things, including merchandise. Sign up for the emails and you'll get them every couple of days. Today's deal is 2 golf shirts for $50 just as an example. A couple of days ago it was a $185 Callaway wind jacket for $49. Use your credit on top of those.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened the mailbox and found 2 week-long passes to Bay Hill next week along with a nice note thanking me for my patronage so far this year.  Nice!

In David's bag....

I've never used Golf Now.  I just went to the website to see what they offer in the area where I lived, and I can see why I never even heard them mentioned.  They don't have any of the courses I played regularly, and only a few that I have any desire to play.  Most of the courses I see on the list I'm either not interested in playing because there are negative aspects to the course conditions or layout (which is why they have to offer deals to fill the tee sheet), they were too far to drive for just an average course, or they are so expensive that they need to find alternative ways to bring players in.

I feel that I get a better deal through the Colorado Avid Golfer Passport.  I have to pay $79 up front, but I make my investment back with interest in just 2 rounds at my favorite mountain course in the state (and I know what the deal is ahead of time - I can plan my vacation now, even though it's still 5 months away).  Even though I'm only planning on playing for 2 weeks when I go back for a visit this summer, I still bought the Passport because it will save me well over $200 total at the courses my brother and I plan to play.  I recommend Colorado golfers looking into this alternative.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by David in FL

I can't remember last year.....what was the cap on free rounds?  I don't think I took as much advantage of the freebies last year as I should have though.

I personally like this one.  I've already booked over 25 rounds this year since I book all the golf for our happy little group.  I'll be playing a lot of free golf this year.  Since the freebies are for any "Hot Deals", if I pick and choose carefully, I should be able to play some VERY nice, high end courses for free this year.

I also like their year end customer appreciation outing for the top bookers in each market.  That was a first-rate event last year in the Orlando market and I intend to be there again this year.

Ihave a question, since you use it so often. I thought that if I booked a foursome it counted as 4 reservations but it doesn't appear that's the case, looks like it only counts as 1. Has it always been this way?

my get up and go musta got up and went..

One reservation, but 4 players.  Reservations count towards rewards.  Players count towards the annual leader board and year end top booker appreciation events.  So any booked tee time, even if it's a single, or 9 holes, counts towards your rewards status.

Btw.....last week, a buddy and I played at LPGA International for $54 for the 2 of us because of my reward points.  Normal green fee was $75 each this time of year.

I know I sound like I'm a shill for the service, but it's only because I get a TON of benefit from it. If you don't play a lot, it's likely that you won't get as much out of it overall as I do....but you'll still save on green fees.

In David's bag....

David, I was also at the Golfnow rewards event last year in Orlando. I believe this rewards program is one of the best they have had. I have 25 rounds booked YTD and plan on saving all of my Hot Deal rounds on a vacation. If you plan accordingly you can get 3 free rounds for yourself and a friend at courses up to 150-175 a round. (Looking at playing Doral-Great White and then maybe White Witch)

Originally Posted by David in FL

One reservation, but 4 players.  Reservations count towards rewards.  Players count towards the annual leader board and year end top booker appreciation events.  So any booked tee time, even if it's a single, or 9 holes, counts towards your rewards status.

Btw.....last week, a buddy and I played at LPGA International for $54 for the 2 of us because of my reward points.  Normal green fee was $75 each this time of year.

I know I sound like I'm a shill for the service, but it's only because I get a TON of benefit from it. If you don't play a lot, it's likely that you won't get as much out of it overall as I do....but you'll still save on green fees.

Thanks, I need to start playing more than once a week so I can get some of those rewards! . I've played the LPGA course before, seemed to spend all day in the sand but it's a very nice course.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by Incognito

I use them all the time. However, although they waive the online "fees", you still pay 'taxes and fees'

??

Tax on the green fees, just as you would at the course.

if you look, they charge the booking fee, but then credit it back for those that have booked over 10 rounds.

In David's bag....

"Taxes and Online Fees". It's over $10 more than just 6% sales tax.

And they took the 7.96 off for booking, looks to me like a 7% tax and it works out perfect - where is the problem again?

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

And they took the 7.96 off for booking, looks to me like a 7% tax and it works out perfect - where is the problem again?

Yup.

Gotta cut him some slack though.  After the ass whuppin' his boys took tonight, I can understand being a little out of it....

In David's bag....

Yup. Gotta cut him some slack though.  After the ass whuppin' his boys took tonight, I can understand being a little out of it....   ;-)

Rough loss. Still in pain...

Rough loss. Still in pain...

I get it. My Badgers got killed early and Marquette got crushed yesterday too...

In David's bag....

• 5 months later...

Old thread but a bump top say I played a shit-ton of golf due to GN discounted times. My home course even honors my member discount on top of whatever the GN discount is that day, it's tiered at that course. Just booked my free foursome using my rewards, would have cost me $184. The fall deals are crazy good. Just saw a $7.99 nine hole deal with cart and small bucket. This is the first reward I've used still have everything that comes before the free foursome good until 02/14/2013. Doubt I'll use it all I wonder if the promo codes can be used by someone else.

Dave :-)

• 1 year later...
Thisnisnan older thread but I would like to add that I usually play 1or 2 times a week. 85% of my rounds are booked through GN. All but 2 courses I regularly play are on there. The 2 that aren't part of it are not very pricey. One is a small, 9 hole course I take my daughters and grandchildren. It is not crowded and is family friendly. Couldn't take them to most courses I play. 3 of my golf buddies also use GN. We alternate booking so all of us build up rewards. So when an out of town trip is planned we have lots of rewards options. We play lot nicer courses, cheaper on trips than regularly. Lol. IMHO, the rewards are just that, rewards. The price is much cheaper through GN that standard booking fees at the course. And if you can grab up a hot deal, it is way less. I can afford to play more often and nicer courses, in my area, due to GN. The rewards and promos are an added bonus for me to play badly more often and on bigger stages. Lol.

Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!