• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zipazoid

My Novel - Off The Fairway

16 posts in this topic

My novel, Off The Fairway, is now published and available on Amazon.com -

http://www.amazon.com/Off-Fairway-Jerry-Bryan/dp/1480085448/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1362846394&sr;=1-2&keywords;=off+the+fairway

Regular members of TST know that I have been teasing this for the past few months. It is the story of a talented but very troubled professional golfer, Billy Edwards. Here is the teaser for the novel -

Top-flight professional golfers need three things to succeed on the PGA Tour: talent, desire, and determination. Tour winner Billy Edwards added a fourth. Cocaine. Suspensions, personal disasters, and legal nightmares did nothing to debunk Billy’s belief that without that fourth element, he would never succeed. But competing on the tour and having a drug addiction were two worlds that were not both sustainable. Something had to give…and many believed it would be his career.

What goes through the mind of a professional athlete while they are competing on the largest stage? And how do they do this while under then influence and in denial? How can anyone get close enough to find out to even offer help when walls of resistance carefully erected and painstakingly nurtured keeps everyone at bay? Two different wives could not do it.

Suspensions from the tour couldn’t. Even being arrested could not stop Billy from destroying himself. Only one person had the access and the trust to accomplish what no one else could.

Get inside the ropes and inside the head of a talented but troubled athlete as he attempts to negotiate a minefield of his own making. Will his talent and his mind power succeed over the dark urges residing in his head, or will feeding the beast force him off the tour…or kill him?

I hope you enjoy it!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Kindle availability date?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by cliffj

Kindle availability date?

Working on that.

Mods, my apologies...I meant to post this in Golf Talk forum.

Now available on Kindle! -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BRM32UA

Just ordered the kindle version.  I am flying to Brazil today for work. It is a long flight and I am almost done with The Caine Mutiny .  And Brazilian Hotel TV is stinky at best.

Best of luck.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Just ordered the kindle version.  I am flying to Brazil today for work. It is a long flight and I am almost done with The Caine Mutiny.  And Brazilian Hotel TV is stinky at best.

Best of luck.

Thanks boogie! Please let me know what you think.

I created a Facebook page for the book -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-The-Fairway/490763327648685

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I created a Facebook page for the book -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-The-Fairway/490763327648685

I "liked" it.  Good luck!

Zip,

Finished "Off The Fairway" somewhere over the Amazon River yesterday on my flight back from Brazil.  Very good job!  I enjoyed it.  I thought it was well written and really liked how you laid the story out.  It flowed well, which made it easy to read.  I like the characters and relationships you set up.  I found the "salty" language funny because that is what the voices in my head sound like!!! I think a lot of us can identify with the main character to some degree either from our own experiences or someone close to us.

I also notice you got Kent State in there as well!

Good job!  Hope you have success with this.

Glad you liked it, Boogie!

Of course I had to work my alma mater in there.

Check out my Facebook page for details/teasers about the book...along with where to purchase it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-The-Fairway/490763327648685

Bumping so others can see this. C'mon guys, its only 15$, and Zip is a great member here. Show your support.

^^ I like this guy.

Also, I have a stock of the books here. If anyone is interested I can mail you a signed copy. Drop me a PM & I'll tell you how. Thanks!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

^^ I like this guy.

Also, I have a stock of the books here. If anyone is interested I can mail you a signed copy. Drop me a PM & I'll tell you how. Thanks!

Mike and I are still waiting for our copies. :-D

Zip,

See if Mike will trade a signed hat for a signed copy