IGNORED

Anyone else in the northern climes frustrated with this weather?

walk18
Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally played today. Temp was 46 slight breeze and it looked like it could rain. It was a perfect day on the course. thought it would be busy, but there were only three of us spread out on the course. I came home in a great mood, huge smile and my Wife said "Thank God, I couldn't take any more complaining about not playing"

It was an awesome start to the season.

Originally Posted by Loud7273

Finally played today. Temp was 46 slight breeze and it looked like it could rain. It was a perfect day on the course. thought it would be busy, but there were only three of us spread out on the course. I came home in a great mood, huge smile and my Wife said "Thank God, I couldn't take any more complaining about not playing"

It was an awesome start to the season.

Where did you play? Yarmouth GC is open this weekend. I was thinking about playing there this week.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where did you play? Yarmouth GC is open this weekend. I was thinking about playing there this week.

I was thinking about going down there but the forecast said it was going to be really windy, possibly rainy. Didn't think I would get much enjoyment out of it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Greetings from the Kansas City area!

I'm pretty excited because my home course is opening for play tomorrow!!  Temps will be in the 60s FRI-SAT-SUN!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I'm in New York, out on Long Island, finally getting out tomorrow for the first round this year. Between work and weather have not had a chance to get out. Really looking forward to it. wish me luck, first rounds of the season is always a bitch.

Tough to find a course open in MN right now but things are looking optimistic with weather in the 50s today.  Still a decent amount of snow around the Twin Cities area.  There is an outdoor heated driving range about 30 minutes from home so that helps with the golf obsession but can't wait to play a few rounds.  Enough of the indoor golf simulators.

My Sticks - Titleist 913D3 9.5* , 913F 3W 15*, 913H 21* & 24*, Titleist 714 AP2 5-PW w/ DG S300, Vokey SM5 52* & 56* & 60* Wedges, Scotty Cameron Futura X

It was 55deg here in Toronto today.  Finally got a chance to get out to the range and watch the ball fly it's entire distance..!!

The golf courses that were open were PACKED!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

The course was busy but I got to hit the range and play the front nine twice. It was soooo soppy.

This was the par 3 number 4 hole....lol

Although we had snow showers today, we're supposed to get a change to Spring weather later this week in NY.  I can't wait, I have a business trip to GA this week and I'm planning on taking an afternoon off and play any golf course I can find with any clubs they may have available.  It's supposed to by about 75.  I can't wait.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

In NH some of the driving ranges are opening up but most courses still have holes with some snow cover. I spent the winter hitting balls on my optishot home simulator. I'm sure the results i'm seeing won't translate totally to REAL golf but I thank god I was able to play SOME TYPE of golf with decent swing feedback all winter. I've probably played 4 to 5 simulated rounds a week minimum since last Christmas not to mention hitting on a simulated range. Starting this coming Thursday I'll be taking indoor golf lessons for 4 weeks in Chelmsford MA at Pappas Golf and by the end of the month I think most of the local courses will be open for business. Can't wait to see how the optishot rounds and 4 weeks of actual lessons translates on the course! (I've never taken lessons before)

It's 50° today in Pittsburgh with temperatures in the 60°'s all next week.  I think the weather is finally cooperating.  Hallelujah!

By the way, I played solo today.  Teed off at 11:15 and holed the final putt (a birdie) at 1:25.  I walked the course in two hours and 10 minutes for 18 holes, and I played through 2 twosomes on carts, to boot!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Was finally able to hit at the Chelsea Piers driving range last week in Manhattan.  They have a heated range which makes it more cushy after an hour or two outside.  It is finally warming up though in the tri-state area.  I am planning on going to the range a couple more times before attempting my hand on the course..... the Masters usually is a huge motivation for me to clear my schedule to get out on the links the next weekend.

The course was busy but I got to hit the range and play the front nine twice. It was soooo soppy. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/72138/] [/URL] This was the par 3 number 4 hole....lol

Haha, better stay left!

Originally Posted by walk18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

The course was busy but I got to hit the range and play the front nine twice. It was soooo soppy.

This was the par 3 number 4 hole....lol

Haha, better stay left!

I hit the first one at 15 foot from the hole, the second time through I topped it (I think) and it was down short of the hole 25 yards. Still salvaged par to push the hole.

What's worse than no golf all winter is what happens every spring at my house.  The snow finally melted out of my yard a couple of days ago and it was time for the annual early spring yard patrol.  So many days this winter I'd get home after dark and leave for work the next day before it got light out, that it seemed like I was never home during daylight hours and would always be letting my dog out into the yard at night.  It snowed so many times this winter that even on weekends it was difficult to catch up on cleaning up after the dog since the snow just kept covering everything.  Man I hate yard patrol.  Listening to ESPN Radio over headphones helped, but even that reminded me of why I so seldom listen to the Extra Sales Promotional Network these days - seems like you get no more than 3 minutes of sports talk before they slip in another 2-minute round of commercials.

I did hear a pretty funny commercial for one my favorite courses that just opened today:  "Swingers, are you looking for some action?  Twosomes, threesomes, even foursomes.  Come on down - our course is now open."  Judging by the completely dead condition of my yard, it's hard to imagine that that course is in even vaguely playable shape.  I remember years ago playing one of the first courses in the area to open, in mid-March and they definitely opened a few days too soon.  I was putting on one green and watched my really well-struck 20' putt look like it had the perfect line until it suddenly popped about a foot into the air and veered off course - it had hit a semi-frozen footprint sunk about 3/4" into the green.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!