IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

For those in other places not here who posted what they say is a shank, no, this is a shank. Will I never get rid of this shot? Score killer. That ball is almost out of the frame.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Variability of practice 

Trying to keep arms more in front of body and supinate lead forearm more post impact, also more "cover" over the ball, rotate.

Too steep, cupped lead wrist at 4.

Fat

Too much sway back

More centered

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Wider stance on driver, more SAT, shallowing and pivot more natural from all those reps. Still swaying back sometimes and extending lead wrist too early/arms crossing body post impact. Less thinking though and just letting go.

Steve

Bit the bullet, tried an online lesson with Dana Dahlquist, not cheap, but YOLO. Some people collect clubs, others travel, I like trying different instructors, call me a professional golf student. Some BS plane stuff, wrist transition stuff and I really like where this is going. This is a little on the extreme end, can tone it down and going faster will probably automatically do that. Able to hit soft 4 irons very consistently, will see what happens when progressing through edge of ability.

Steve

Swinging a little faster, was losing motivation but watching the pros practice at The Northern Trust, got some of that back.

Soft bunt driver, less "covering" over ball, but better ingrains wrist/arms/pivot stuff.

Getting the bowed wrist at impact w/both clubs:

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 2.37.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-04 at 2.37.48 PM.png

Steve

My own version of @cartbarnboys video, swing speed is a lot slower and not exactly calling how the ball curves before I hit it. Have to fullscreen to see the ball.

Steve

Noticed in last few videos and more, a trend of the head lunging at the ball, perhaps too much left tilt starting from the DS, pretty obvious from the slow motion that it was adding  ~5 degrees of steepness on the DS, which is a lot. Tried not lunging head at ball from A4, more squat, but still cover and rotate, looks better, tons of shallow here. Noticed another thing at A9/A10, the left hip way far away from the wall, guess not getting around too much, will note that and get to it later.

Variability of practice

Not flexing lead wrist enough from A4, stalls rotation, flippy, straightening up around impact.

Better flexing lead wrist on DS, better pivot, less straightening up.

A little too flat past A2? A little bit of that head lunge.

Overcompensated, arms a little too high, lead wrist too extended, messy transition, but lucked out. Transition is always something I'm fighting, that tiny little steepening 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post this - almost hit the plane. The plane! The plane! Might have to full screen it to see it. Too bad the camera's not good enough to capture the ball coming down, might have knocked the tail end of the plane. Had no idea it was there, just worked out that way.

Steve

Working on driver transition, getting in to out path. Little bunt, then faster, then a little faster. Rinse and repeat.

Trying to flight the wedge down, this was fat. Result would be worse on real grass.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Tending to steepen from the top, working on starting shallowing earlier. 

Steve

Think I'm finally getting my head around shallowing so that it's automatic and "understand" it. You have your intellectual, emotional IQ, there's probably something like athlete/coordination IQ, which took probably 2 years for me to boost up to current level. Now can concentrate more on making better sweet spot contact, key #4.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

More back extension at 4 but swaying back though, key #4, trying to stay in inclination more while cover/rotation through impact while keeping club in front of belly button.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Better key #1 on the BS, can't see it here though. Turn. Left hip left up and forward.

Steve

Working on hip more up and left. Emphasis on up. Just can't seem to get up on the right toe at the end. Better at not overhinging/wavy at 4, with all clubs.

Steve

Went to Peak Performance Golf in Toronto, did the $50 (CAN) 45 minutes on radar (I suspect they would have let me stay on longer since no one there) and 1+ hour short game  drop in. Drive from downtown TO to PP,  25 km, took almost an hour, bad mood. Hate being on the clock, haven't touched a club for a week, rusty, forgot to change the Flightscope to 5 iron configured for 9 iron here, so numbers wrong. 

Would love to have like a 2 hour session with this setup, the short game area is pretty decent as well, has two small sand traps. Right knee kicking out, right arm straightening too fast. Transition is all wack. Longer clubs were pretty bad. Still haven't looked closely at the numbers yet. Stall had no room for face on video, next time will opt for one with more space. Last time was on radar path between 0 and -4, now 0 and +8 so kind of happy with that, would rather fix too out than too in.

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6122.JPGIMG_6124.JPGIMG_6125.JPG

• Informative 1

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Last time was on radar path between 0 and -4, now 0 and +8 so kind of happy with that, would rather fix too out than too in.

There is such a thing as too far right, Steve. I'd rather be -4 than +8. You get too far right and you'll just end up adding left pieces to your swing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, billchao said:

There is such a thing as too far right, Steve. I'd rather be -4 than +8. You get too far right and you'll just end up adding left pieces to your swing.

You're right. Don't plan on getting more right. I take this as a sign that I'm swallowing better though. 

Steve

Man, I miss the Flightscope radar already. It really is nice having all that data available. That Mevo is calling me. Meeeevo.

Steve