IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Started with a triple bogey on 1 and shot 83 playing poorly. Should do better than that on Sunday. I want revenge on that course!

Where did you guys play?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jefkve

Where did you guys play?

we played Talega where the outing is this sunday

Looks like it's going to be a bit nippy and windy on Sunday.  No worries, I will be ready.

So I take it Mike and I are the only ones looking to have a sit-down breakfast before golfing?

Mike, if that's the case, are you still going to do it?  I will likely be there regardless, because, like I said before, it's my only day to eat like that and I need to take advantage.  I will likely be there a bit earlier than 6:45 though, but PM me or something if you want to meet at the same place.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Looks like it's going to be a bit nippy and windy on Sunday.  No worries, I will be ready. So I take it Mike and I are the only ones looking to have a sit-down breakfast before golfing? Mike, if that's the case, are you still going to do it?  I will likely be there regardless, because, like I said before, it's my only day to eat like that and I need to take advantage.  I will likely be there a bit earlier than 6:45 though, but PM me or something if you want to meet at the same place.

Yeah, I'll be grabbing something quick at home and heading straight for the course to warm up. Probably get there round 6:45. I think hacker wanted to have breakfast too.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Looks like it's going to be a bit nippy and windy on Sunday.  No worries, I will be ready.

So I take it Mike and I are the only ones looking to have a sit-down breakfast before golfing?

Mike, if that's the case, are you still going to do it?  I will likely be there regardless, because, like I said before, it's my only day to eat like that and I need to take advantage.  I will likely be there a bit earlier than 6:45 though, but PM me or something if you want to meet at the same place.

Sure let's plan to meet at that OC Breakfast place around 6:30, I'll PM you my cell #

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sorry that I'm out for breakfast... I'm gonna be leaving my place around 6:30... And it is a solid 30min drive from my place.  So I'll get to the course around 7.

Team C will be playing this all day....  "Who gon stop me?!"

yeah I am not much of a breakfast person that early in the morning.  probably just eat some oatmeal at home and head to the course to warm up.

looking forward to the outing!  that back 9 is kinda tough!

Carrx- whats the word?  clubs come it yet?  i got an old set of pings you can borrow....  hope you can make it.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Started with a triple bogey on 1 and shot 83 playing poorly. Should do better than that on Sunday.

I want revenge on that course!

I'm going low!!!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

**I hope

I wish we would have been playing last night.  Not sure what it was, but that's the best I've hit the ball this year (with the exception of maybe the low round I had a couple months ago).  At the end of the range session I tried to get a little cute and kinda lost it, but it felt good.  Not sure if it's coincidence that I didn't do my normal two workouts that day or not.  But I'm only working out once today and none tomorrow, so there won't be any excuses :)

Speaking of tomorrow, are you going to the range in the afternoon/evening?  If so, where?

GolfyDaddy knows he has no chance so he will be home watching "Behind the Candleabra" instead of going to the range.

I wish we would have been playing last night.  Not sure what it was, but that's the best I've hit the ball this year (with the exception of maybe the low round I had a couple months ago).  At the end of the range session I tried to get a little cute and kinda lost it, but it felt good.  Not sure if it's coincidence that I didn't do my normal two workouts that day or not.  But I'm only working out once today and none tomorrow, so there won't be any excuses :)

Speaking of tomorrow, are you going to the range in the afternoon/evening?  If so, where?

If I have a chance to go to the range at all tomorrow, it's going to be in the morning ... but it's more likely that I'll just take the whole day off.  Tomorrow afternoon we're heading up to the valley for a pool party at a friend's house in Encino.

Are you staying in OC or San Diego?

Originally Posted by Pakoh

GolfyDaddy knows he has no chance so he will be home watching "Behind the Candleabra" instead of going to the range.

LOL .. sorry, I had to google that ... didn't realize it was the movie about Libby!! Ha!  Team A in shambles!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need to go to the range cuz I'm already "in the zone" for this weekend.

Pak, I looked up "golfer" in the dictionary ... you know what it said?  Not you. ;)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Are you staying in OC or San Diego?

OC, although I may go down to San Diego and hang out if I have nothing better to do.

OC, although I may go down to San Diego and hang out if I have nothing better to do.

Depending on where in OC you are staying, there are plenty of decent ranges around if you're interested.

Oak Creek has the best practice area around, but they are expensive. http://www.oakcreekgolfclub.com/Practice-Facility/Rates.aspx

Further south, Arroyo Trabuco also has a nice grass range. So does Tijeras Creek in Rancho Santa Margarita.

Or there is always Beach's old stomping grounds at Rancho San Joaquin in Irvine.

What time are you getting in?

Note: This thread is 3959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!