IGNORED

New putter Grip

Note: This thread is 3981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm searching for a new putter grip.

i like a soft feel grip!

What are you guys using and what are your thoughts on them?

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Just switched to a Super Stroke 2.0. Amazing. I have struggled with putting and have switched putters more time than I can remember. 2 rounds with this and I am loving it. Puts are more on line. Distance control is great. Puts are dropping. $24 for a grip is a bit high but if you are struggling I would suggest giving one of the Super Strokes a go. Only time will tell if my putting continues.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I'm using a WINN AVS Jumbo grip ( http://www.golfgalaxy.com/winn-avs-jumbo-putter-grip---greyredstone/w12winnjumgryred/product ).

I'm only 2 rounds into using it so far and I have to say that I love it. The wider grip, for my larger than typical hands, gives me better feedback and takes some of the grip pressure and wrist out of play. I've been much more accurate from within 12', but longer putts are a bit more awkward for me right now.

When I got this grip, I cut my putter from 35" to 34" and combined with the larger grip, the club feels much lighter and I'm having some difficulty judging putts longer than 12' right now.

As far as the grip is concerned, I love it.

I just put a Superstroke 5.0 Fatso on my putter 2 weeks ago. So far I am putting much better. I tend not to grip it so tight now. Only problem I have with it is it doesn't fit in my tubes in my bag. It only fits outside in a umbrella sleeve/pocket.

I recently switched to a SuperStroke 3.0 and am very happy with it.  It fits my big hands better than the standard size grip did, and my touch/distance control has improved vastly (seemingly just the opposite experience that some SS users have reported).

• Upvote 1

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+1 for this, love the suoerstroke 3.0 [quote name="Mac62" url="/t/66440/new-putter-grip#post_835931"]I recently switched to a SuperStroke 3.0 and am very happy with it.  It fits my big hands better than the standard size grip did, and my touch/distance control has improved vastly (seemingly just the opposite experience that some SS users have reported).    [/quote]

I have a Tiger Shark on mine and its fantastic.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I was torn between the superstrokes and Tiger Shark grips.

I ended up going for the Tiger Shark Jumbo and I really like it!

IMO try to find a proshop or golf store that has a few putters that are gripped with the grips you think you might like. I found that I wasn't a fan of hte superstrokes but loved the Tiger Shark.. it's the same manufacturer and they're made out of the same type of material.

Current Bag:

:ping: G25 - 10.5  RBZ Stage 2 2H :ping: G25 20*/23* Hybrids

:ping: G25 Blue Dot 5-UW  CG16 - 54   CG16 - 58 

Putter  Kari Lajosi DD201 303SS  V2 Gamer

I use an Edel putter grip, which I love because it's round. Best grip available as far as putters go.

In the past I've used the SuperStroke slim grips (the smallest one) and liked it and the PURE putter grips look like good ones if you wan't more of a traditional style grip.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I posted the other day saying I love my new WINN AVS Jumbo grip, but now I am not so sure. I am having a really hard time judging distance and power now. I really feel like I have no feel at all from outside of 10'. I am not sure if I am still in some form of "putter shock" after cutting down my putter 1" and doubling the size of the stock Odyssey grip, but this is definitely not working out.

I may need to look into a smaller grip, or a grip that has a similar pistol grip feel. Did any of you struggle a bit when you went to the oversized/jumbo grip size? From inside of 10' I am much more accurate that I was before, but the trade-off is that I am now no where near as accurate as I previously was from outside of 10'.

Given that I am still making more putts that I would previously have a tendency to miss, maybe I still just need more practice from outside of 10' to get used to the feel (at least this is what my common sense is telling me).

Originally Posted by Spyder

...Did any of you struggle a bit when you went to the oversized/jumbo grip size? From inside of 10' I am much more accurate that I was before, but the trade-off is that I am now no where near as accurate as I previously was from outside of 10'.

Given that I am still making more putts that I would previously have a tendency to miss, maybe I still just need more practice from outside of 10' to get used to the feel (at least this is what my common sense is telling me).

I had the exact opposite experience - my touch/distance on long/lag putts became much better, but I was pulling a lot of short ones.  It's definitely taking a little adaptation, but overall I like it a lot better than the standard-size putter grips I've always used in the past.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

• 3 weeks later...

Right guys thanks for all the response i went to purchase a superstroke mid slim 2.0

just got it by mail. will put it on later today. as the weather is shit this week i think

i will first get it out early next week. i will post what i think

hehe, i use a carry bag and it fits perfect. BTW when i ordered my iron and wedge grips i also ordered a slim 3.0 that is the one that is on my

Taylormade ghost tour putter right. Last night i played the men's competition, first time i had a hit with it. First few holes i struggled a bit getting to

feel the speed, but after 3-4 holes i was used to it.

I went to purchase this grip because i thought it would stop any wrist action in the putting stroke. I was so right with that. I still grip it as if it's a normal

grip, so i don't put to thumbs next to each other.

I was never so good from 10 feet in. think i holed about 90% off them. We where playing in heavy wind, and the putter really saved my round. ( normally the weakest part off my game )

I scored a 75 ( on a par 70 ) making 13 pars and 5 bogies. solid short game made this possible.

Note: This thread is 3981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!