IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Am i sliding my hips enough on the half swings or should i be sliding them more?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it is fine from what I can see.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

You might want to check out this 5SK video. Your ankles seem to be very rigid to me.

Thanks for that I've never seen that video before.

Yes the video that @CarlSpackler posted would be good to do. Your hips are sliding but the right heel comes off the ground too early. Can effect how much weight you transfer forward and the ability to give your arms enough "space" on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I got done with work a little early and made a trip back to the range to keep working on this dam Key 2.  I hope Im going in the right direction. I hit about 1/2 the bucket doing the preset drill and small swings.  I did 1/4 on slow full swings and the last 1/4 at full speed.

Do you have any DTL shots?

Not since Ive been working on this no. I shot todays with my phone. Should I get one the next time I go to the range?

Not since Ive been working on this no. I shot todays with my phone. Should I get one the next time I go to the range?

I always try to get one FO and DTL every time. I'm wondering what your right knee is doing in the DTL view. In the vids you posted, from today, it looks a little better. I think you might want to roll a little more to the outside of your left ankle and inside of your right (not so much up on the toes). Hopefully I'm conveying that correctly. Perhaps @mvmac can confirm or clarify.

- Shane

I always try to get one FO and DTL every time. I'm wondering what your right knee is doing in the DTL view. In the vids you posted, from today, it looks a little better. I think you might want to roll a little more to the outside of your left ankle and inside of your right (not so much up on the toes). Hopefully I'm conveying that correctly. Perhaps @mvmac can confirm or clarify.

Thanks for the help and advice. I actually liked the feeling of rolling my ankles more than driving my lead knee into the ground.  Next time I get to the range I will try to get more roll.  I actually hit the ball pretty decent for not ever having this motion before.

Thanks for the help and advice. I actually liked the feeling of rolling my ankles more than driving my lead knee into the ground.  Next time I get to the range I will try to get more roll.  I actually hit the ball pretty decent for not ever having this motion before.

Cool. I like the feeling of rolling the ankles. There is another 5SK vid/drill of curling up the toes on your right that is good to get the right knee working right (if memory serves).

- Shane

Cool. I like the feeling of rolling the ankles. There is another 5SK vid/drill of curling up the toes on your right that is good to get the right knee working right (if memory serves).

Yeah I didn't really like that one as much I couldn't get the feel for it.  I feel like I was doing the ankle roll better on my smaller swings than on my full swings but thats not a surprise since Ive never even done that until today.

Yes the video that @CarlSpackler posted would be good to do. Your hips are sliding but the right heel comes off the ground too early. Can effect how much weight you transfer forward and the ability to give your arms enough "space" on the downswing. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/102626/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/102627/] [/URL]

Take a look at the two posted pictures by Mike! To make sure you are getting into that position correctly I would suggest that you post a video of you going to A4 and then slowly getting into your A6 position.. Then Mike or someone else can comment on if you are getting into the right position!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Take a look at the two posted pictures by Mike! To make sure you are getting into that position correctly I would suggest that you post a video of you going to A4 and then slowly getting into your A6 position.. Then Mike or someone else can comment on if you are getting into the right position!

Thanks for the advice I think thats what Im going to do the next time. I thought it was a little better today but I don't think it was much better.

I shot a 91 yesterday at a pretty tough course. What sucks is i was 8 over on the 3 par 5's. Hit the ball pretty decent besides a few OB tee shots. Im having a problem with not finishing my swing.I do know why its happenhappening and the results were big fades especially with my driver. I really want to figure out how to start the ball to the right and work it back to the left. I did hit one draw with my 4w but it was a pull draw and i ended up in the trees :).

I'm sure Erik and Mike will get you started in the right direction.. Obviously the path is out-in so getting the push draw will be a major change as it is for me.. It will be a tough change, but just stick with it even if you score a little higher than usual while you do it!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm sure Erik and Mike will get you started in the right direction.. Obviously the path is out-in so getting the push draw will be a major change as it is for me.. It will be a tough change, but just stick with it even if you score a little higher than usual while you do it!

I completely agree. Whats funny is as I'm learning more about the swing Im caring less and less about my score.  I feel like I can't be overly concerned with my score until I have a good repeatable swing.  I read a cool article about an olympic skier. This was a cool quote from her dad “She truly believed that the focus should be on the process of getting better and not race results. She does that to this day. Everyone on the World Cup says they want to race like they practice, but how many actually do it? Mikaela can because she’s not thinking about trying to win. She’s thinking about getting better.” Thats exactly what Im trying to do with my golf game. Its the hardest thing Ive ever done and I love it :beer: .

• Administrator

So you won the thing right? Post some good videos. Good angles.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!