IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

some little things i saw. Is your head is going up in the backswing, this might cause some thin shots.

also : it looks like you have a little over the top move at the top.  This might cause pulls and cuts. good looking swing otherwise

Originally Posted by Jakester23

I do have pulls. How do I fix the over the top move?

You have to fix key number one first bud.  Stop that head from going up.

Also your wrist is bowed at the top meaning the club face is very shut.  When you come OTT a bit it is going to cause some nasty pulls.    You need to get the path going more out by getting into a better position at the top and starting down correctly.  You may need the lead arm more even with the shoulder plane at the top and not above it.  But that wont even matter if you keep standing up like that in the back swing.  Find drills on this site or wherever you can to keep that head steady.

What I really think you should do if you want to fix some of these things is to go see a 5SK instructor, if you do not want to do evolvr or do not have the ability to take video of yourself.  We don't have one here in Milwaukee yet, but It looks like there is one an hour and a half so so away from us near Chicago.  I really think this would help you a ton.

http://www.golfshopcentral.com/purestrike/instructors.aspx

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So besides all that it looks good right :)

...lets just say you should work on one thing at a time.

Seriously though, skip a round or two of golf and go see an instructor!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I'd like to get a few lessons but I would like it to be someone close to home. I would like to know the person I'm getting lessons from knows what their talking about. That's why I haven't been hurrying to get some. I just wish I knew where to go so I'm not throwing my $ away.

Maybe someone in this area knows of a good instructor around here?  Depends on how badly you want to improve as well.  The drive is not an issue for me when it comes to great instruction.

Nate

It is financially for me I can't afford to drive an hour for a lesson. I haven't been able to afford to play a lot. I've been going to the range more but I feel like there is something that you can't get at the range.

Ive been working on doing slow motion swings trying to stop moving my head with and without a club. Does it make sense or is it ok if I feel like this is much easier when I set up a little closed? I havent had time to go to the range and hit balls like this yet I was just wondering if Im instilling a bad habit.

Ive been working on doing slow motion swings trying to stop moving my head with and without a club. Does it make sense or is it ok if I feel like this is much easier when I set up a little closed? I havent had time to go to the range and hit balls like this yet I was just wondering if Im instilling a bad habit.

Sure, you are probably opening up the right foot a bit when you do it, which I believe should allow for more space for the hip to deepen in the back swing making for an easier centered turn.  Have you tried just flaring your feet out yet?

Nate

I've kinda had to. It feels weird but I feel like my turn is easier with my back foot a little open. I starting flaring my front foot to make my hip slide feel more comfortable.

If I'm a little more closed will that have a big effect on what line my ball starts on?

Depends on how you swing, and if standing closed changes how the face comes into impact.  I like to stand just slightly open when trying to hit a push draw.

Nate

I'm taking your advice and just taking it one step at a time so for now its just the head still

I watched a few YouTube vids of the purestrike 5 step whatever its called and I'm kinda just going to try to work on the first 3 steps until it becomes comfortable.

• 2 months later...

I finished my season last week and just wanted to put down some notes. I had a decent round(93) at a 7000 yd course. I hit the driver well, chipped real good and putted pretty decent(considering the greens were a little rough).  I found out that I have a lot of work to do with long iron. I normally play shorter courses and realized that I need to do a lot of work with my 6-3 iron. I had 11 iron shots from 190-210 and didnt hit one GIR. I was hitting big fades most of the time(1 huge pull). So over the winter Im going to go to the range and only work on the long irons. Im very happy with how my season went. My main goals were to have no scores over 100 and have more scores in the 80's than over 95. I accomplished both of these goals and improve dramatically with my chipping. Thanks for all the help and I cant wait until April.

Nice going! Just a note, greens are not easy to hit from those distances for most of us. Focus in on your miss with the longer irons and seek to correct the pattern.

Nate

Note: This thread is 2556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!