IGNORED

How do I square my club face at impact???

Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read something from a magazine many years ago. It basically said that the shoulders should control the arms, which should control the club head path. It also said the hands controlled the club face angle at impact. This has always stuck with me through the years of my own golf journey. 

Based on your post, I would suspect you are seeing this piece of instruction first hand. 

I also might suggest that you don't over analyze what you are doing. Once something good is found in one's golf swing, it's usually best not to try and change it. Just build on to it. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A guy on Friday I ended up playing with tended to dip his right shoulder (he had a terribly fast and jerky backswing and a rushed transition at the top FWIW) and everything sprayed right or sliced......face

he fixed it on the last three holes.....he was fatigued and started hitting the ground behind the ball on each swing. 

Nothing like hitting a planet with the heel of your club to close the face.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

There are two ways to square the club face. One is to flip the hands. The other is to square with the body. Theoretically the body release is more consistent, but don't tell that to Tiger Woods. Hogan did a body squaring release. Really it's up to you Astor how you want to swing.

I just put tape right below the grip and color two sides (which are contrasting) on the front of the shaft with the face square and the shaft vertical. That way, if you don't rotate the colored sides during the swing from your POV, the face is always going to be square.

Frankie

Note: This thread is 2539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!