IGNORED

60° Wedge, LOVE IT OR HATE IT?

Note: This thread is 5889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. 60° Lob Wedge, Love it, Hate it, Put up with it?

• LOVE IT
    • HATE IT
    • PUT UP WITH IT

I love mine... now.

Hated the inconsistency with the 60° when I first got it. But now I am loving it. After practicing with it I figured out that I was gripping the club too tight with my right hand ( I am a righty). When I loosen my grip to almost barely to nothing (2 out of 10) I got better results and better consistency. The flop shot is my favorite shot now. Love seeing the ball fly out of the club head.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on what type of courses you are playing, if they are hilly around the greens, and more parkland style than I'd stick with the 60, but if you play links style courses I would pull it.

Driver: Sasquatch Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila NV Stiff
Fw: Sasquatch 4wd Reg.
3 Iron: Burner Stiff
4-Pw: Ta5 Reg.
Sand Wedge: Reg. 588 56Lob Wedge: 588 DSG 60Putter: Studio Stainless NewportBall: Pro-V1 (When I can afford them)Home Course: Sunridge Canyon in Fountain Hills, AZ

I love the 60 and have used a few of them, Vokey Spin Milled 60.08, Cally X-Tour 60.10 with MD grooves, Cleveland CG12 60.10. With some practice it isn't that hard to get fairly proficient and confident with it, great for pitches, greenside bunker shots, downhill chips and so forth. It is quite probably more versatile than most people give it credit for. As long as one doesn't try to get too cute with one when another club is called for it is a really a great asset. The 58 degree with a similar amount of bounce is probably just as good.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

As a lot of other people have said, it's a consistency thing. Inside 100 yards, I might stick it to 5 feet on one shot, but put it in a greenside bunker the next.

It's one of those "When it's on, it's on" kinda clubs.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

most consistent club in my bag. Love it for any shot inside 100 yds. Fairway, rough & bunker. Just love it! Putter, driver & the rest of the irons are my let down :D

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

it takes a while to master the 60* wedge, but its a very useful club when you do

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

Note: This thread is 5889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!