IGNORED

Legit Site...? Great Golf Deals dot Com

JGLindner73
Note: This thread is 3643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am trying to find a good site or store whre I could get a good deal on a new Full Set. (Irons, Driver, Fairway Woods)  I am looking at getting a set of Rocketballz with the new Bladz coming out the prices are down.

Buying the set in pieces from Golfsmith is a little over $1100 with tax and shipping.

Great Golf Deals has the same set for $985.

Both are more than I really want to spend, I am thinking about waitting till the Spring of 2014 and seeing what I could get then.

Thoughts?

I can't comment on the Great Golf Deals site, but I agree with the others about eBay.  In January, I bought a brand new set of TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons from 2nd Swing on eBay for $275.00.  2nd Swing is a great vendor and I have also bought off of BudgetGolf as well.  Good Luck with the new clubs

Originally Posted by Travis Robinson

Yes eBay is a great place for new clubs for sure!

You have to make sure that whoever is selling them is legit.  eBay is loaded with fake clubs from China, if you aren't buying from legit sellers and the price seems really low, there's a good chance you're buying fake clubs.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very true about the fake sellers and clubs.  The nice thing is that you can usually tell certain vendors on eBay sell A TON of clubs.  Just make sure you check their seller rating and feedback.  Many sellers you'll see has a 100 percent rating at 20,000 or so.  Very reputable but yes make sure you buy from one of those sellers.

• 11 months later...

I read somewhere that 40% of the clubs selling on ebay are fake so be very careful where you are buying them.  I don't mind paying a bit more if I am assured I am buying authentic gear.  I've bought a lot of stuff from greatgolfdeals and have been very satisfied.  I even had a driver that cracked on me after about 6 months of use and greatgolfdeals helped me get the club replaced under warranty.  the old adage is true in golf gear - it it's priced too good to be true, beware.

If you have doubts about buying from e bay, ask the vendor for the serial numbers from the clubs your interested in, i.e. Taylomade, then call Talyormade to verify them..I've bought from 3 balls, and a couple others, no problems, also check Global Golf, they are a sponsor on TST. and have new, and used clubs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you have doubts about buying from e bay, ask the vendor for the serial numbers from the clubs your interested in, i.e. Taylomade, then call Talyormade to verify them..I've bought from 3 balls, and a couple others, no problems, also check Global Golf, they are a sponsor on TST. and have new, and used clubs.

I had a friend check serial numbers with Titleist and they would not confirm serial #s because they do not want you to buy anywhere other than an authorized dealer. I don't know about other manufacturers though.

I've bought lots of clubs and other stuff from eBay and never been burned. Read the feedback and closely read the ads, and you'll be fine, and save lots of money. It's not hard to figure out who the reputable dealers are. They'll be the ones with thousands of positive feedback and clearly stated, reasonable return policies.

Note: This thread is 3643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!