IGNORED

Burner or SuperQuad?

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which driver?

• The Burner?
    • The SuperQuad?

I like the superquad TP with the magnetic head cover. I believe it has a slightly open face which I also prefer.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Superquad the way to go with a handicap of 8.8. Burner more for the average hacker. I love the adustability of my superquad. I adjust it on windy days for low. And high on hot sumer day when the ball is flying. Best driver i have ever owned. Might even keep this one more than 2 years.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Superquad the way to go with a handicap of 8.8. Burner more for the average hacker. I love the adustability of my superquad. I adjust it on windy days for low. And high on hot sumer day when the ball is flying. Best driver i have ever owned. Might even keep this one more than 2 years.

Dude...

You're not serious about the Burner being for a hack right? Given the choice between the two, most Taylormade staff players lean towards the Burner TP, versus the SQ. And that's not me being bias, because I didn't get along well with the Burner, I actually own a SQ myself. I'm just sayin get your facts straight before you throw something like out there.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

i was just stating the fact that the Burner is what i would call Taylormade's lower end club. It has been that way for years. Taylormade made the burner club line to be cheap for the average golfer. Wasn't saying to be mean. Look at my bag i have the Burner Irons and the Hybrid. I love them. Just saying the Superquad is for the more skilled golfer who want more bang for there buck. Don't waste money on a Tp burner. way over priced. 46in to long even for the burner. The pros cut theres down to 45 or 44 for more control.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

Don't waste money on a Tp burner. way over priced. 46in to long even for the burner. The pros cut theres down to 45 or 44 for more control.

Ok, sorry to dig this out of the archives, but I missed your response.

First off, while the Burner TP wasn't the right club for me, it was for a TON of people, and is widely considered to be the best Talyormade driver since the 510TP. At it's original price of 399.99, it's the same price as a non-TP version of the Superquad. So while defning something as overpriced is subjective, I'm confused with your logic. The TP version of the burner comes with two shaft options, one in 50g and another in 65g, both with 45", not 46" shafts. Again, please get your facts straight before posting as people will listen to someone with a single digit handicap.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Go for the Burner TP. You'll hit the ball longer, and besides the supposedly "neutral" setup for the SuperQuad still has a left bias.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Well I think a decision to buy a Driver comes down to the following three things in this specific order:

1) What looks good to you (feel like you can hit when you put it in your hands)

2) The correct degree of driver for your swing (launch monitor)

3) The correct shaft for your swing (launch monitor)

Based on the above I went with the "Burner" ...I actually started my "Burner" experience with the 3 wood which I LOVE!!! It is long and very forgiving. Next I bought the Hybrid which is a great club so then I got the Driver. I love the looks of the "Burner" wood products...I know it is a matter of taste but I like it. I also like the way the clubs set up at address (feel like I can hit it immediately; see #1 above). For step 2 above, I went with the 9.5 dgree as I hit the ball rather high (I am 6'4 with an upright swing)...for step #3 above, I gave the stock (stiff) shaft a chance and worked with it at the range for about a month...two wippy for me as I could not consistently get the club face square. So I put a UST Proforce V2 65 stiff shaft in it and put it at 45 inches instead of 46. This is a magic combo for me. I am killing this thing right down the middle. Just how I did it...good luck with what ever you decide...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

• 2 weeks later...
Burner.

It's ugly. It's light. And it's straight.

I will be getting one as soon as I can decide on the regular vs TP choice (i'm edging towards regular....) and the shaft (see other thread!)

I look forward to hitting way more fairways with this club.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

SQ all the way. As mentioned longer shaft can be a real problem for the Burner. When I demo'd the Burner I had issues with it. I liked the face and sound off of the SQ alot better. Of course if you want a neutral setup TM sticks it too you by having to go the TP route (total bs).

WITB
r7 SQ TP 8.5* Diamana White 83 X
GS Tour 14* Aero 85 X
Md 21* Aero 95 S
MP-67 MP-R Black Ni Wedges Red Circa62 No.2

• 3 weeks later...
I can tell you from personal experience, with my miss being a hook, the Burner was hooking madly (it's 1 or 2* closed). The Superquad is pretty neutral. You might want to try the Ping G10 as well, very easy to hit and pretty cheap (329$ CAD) now.

They each have their positives. I was in the same position a while back, and here is what I went through when I was wrestling with the decision.

First impressions demoing:
I demoed a SuperQuad TP on the course first, and liked the look, feel, and sound.
I demoed a Burner (non-TP) on the course and didn't think it looked, felt, or flew as good as the SuperQuad.

I tried both TP (SuperQuad and Burner) drivers at a Taylormade demo day, and found they both looked good at setup (square faces), and I hit both with the same shot pattern and distance.

The advantages I saw with the SuperQuad were:
I liked the look of the black face a little more.
The movable weights are something I would tinker with depending on how I was hitting before the round, the weather conditions, the shot shape I preferred, and depending on how my game changed in the future.

The advantages I saw with the Burner were:
Longer shaft and more weight moved in the head (meaning potential for more distance).
Much cheaper than the SuperQuad.

I ended up going with the Burner TP because the distances I hit the drivers were the same, the faces were the same depth (I like deep face drivers), and the Burner was a lot cheaper (plus I got a good deal on it price wise ).

I recommend you demo both, before you make a decision, if you haven't already.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

For what it's worth, I used the Burner TP for the first time this weekend and my drives were consistently between 285 and 300, and the temperature was in the low 40's. I hit a Titleist 983k for the past 4 years and my drives in the heat of summer were 275 at best. My poorest drive this weekend was 270 and it was a very low ball. The best drive was a 250 yd. carry to an elevated fairway into a 1-2 club wind.
Driver : Burner TP, 9.5, ReAx 50g Stiff flex
Fairway 906F2, 15, V2 85-S flex
Hybrid Rescue TP, 21, ReAx Stiff flex
4-PW X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.0
AW 52, 11 bounce, X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.5SW 56, 13 bounce, X-Forged, Project X Flighted Rifle, 5.5LW 60, 9 bounce,...

The SuperQuad would be of choice b/c it has a lot of technology in it compared to the burner only having Taylormade's SuperFast tech. The SuperQuad had come down in price and would be the better buy. I personally liked it better than the Burner, that is why i purchased it. Also get a shaft custom to your swing, it will make hitting the club a whole lot sweeter.

Whats in my bag:
Driver: r7 Superquad 9.5 with stiff ProForce V2 75g
Wood: r7 Steel 4 wood stiff stock shaft
Hybrid: 3DX ironwood 3 with stiff Aldila NV Hybrid shaft
Irons: r7 with Project X 6.0 +1"Wedges: 52, 56, 60 spin milledPutter: Rossa Corzina

I love my Superquad, tried both but the Superquad is a more traditional looking club and I could shape the ball much better with it.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Take it from a Burner hitter...

The superquad is better....i just dont have a lot of money or id have one.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!