IGNORED

Burner or SuperQuad?

Note: This thread is 5887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which driver?

• The Burner?
    • The SuperQuad?

I've heard many good things about both.

I like the SuperQuad for its MWT and look, and the Burner is just an awesome club.

Which one should I get?
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

it's funny actually... i was with a co-worker of mine, and he tested both drivers as well as the R7 460. he ended up liking the R7 460 better than the new ones! obviously, it's a matter of opinion, but 2 of my friends also got the R7 460 and absolutely love it.

My Bag

Hybrids: nike.gif VR_S 17º, CPR3 18º, 22º, 26º, 30º R Graphite

Irons: nike.gif Slingshot 6I-PW R Steel

Wedges: nike.gif SV 52º/10, 56º/14

Putter: taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Corsa 34"

Ball: nike.gif One RZN-X

I've tried the 460; it's an ok driver, but I don't like the feel of it. I have the R425 Quad now, and that's the feel I'm looking for.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I've heard many good things about both.

It really is up to you... Which one do you like better?

My friend absolutely loves the Superquad but I prefer the Burner (with shaft change to a shorter length). I felt that burner had a hotter face.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I've been noticing large numbers of superquads in the used golf equipment racks in stores. Not definitive but an indication that a fair number of people bought them and traded for something else. Got the r7 460 myself and so far its worked out great.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Burner. I demo'd both at my golf course. It was longer, not to mention less expensive. I liked the longer shaft, and eventually re-shafted my driver that way (46 inches).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I bought the Burner myself and personally I couldnt stand the stock shaft. Im not really a fan of the Burner anymore but it plays well for me still.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

the burner is ugly in my eyes, i just think it looks disgusting.

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

Never hit either, but I LOVE the look of the r7 superquad. Not so much the weights in it, but the black "greyish" charcoal finish it has and also it sets up "Not as big" as the Burner...I also like shorter shafts. (my only gripe about the g5 is it's like 45 3/4 long)

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I don't think you can go wrong with either...

I hit and loved the Superquad, I prefered the Burner, but not the standard version as the face felt more closed than the Superquad; the Burner TP was perfection for me.

Get on a launch monitor and buy the one that gives you the best numbers :)
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

i didnt like the regular burner but with the burner tp that was awesome. although that 50 gram shaft was garbage and had to get the GD 65 gm shaft instead.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

• Administrator

Where's the "Neither" option?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went to the launch monitor wanting to buy the Burner, but I couldn't hit it nearly as well as the Superquad. The Quad is one of the classiest looking drivers I've seen.

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

• 3 weeks later...
I love the Burner TP. The Burner just looked and felt better to me than the Quad. Wouldnt go with the stock shaft though.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I cant stand the Burner anymore. I hate that all these companies are making thier drivers closed faced right out of the gate. Especially since most raise the prices for the TP version. I like the TP version of the Burner, not the reg one though.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

• 1 month later...
I tried both out, and the current driver that I had when i was trying them out was the r7 425, I loved the burner, but the superquad didnt feel as hot off the face as the burner, and I also hit the burner more consistant, but in the end I went with the Nike Sumo, if you have tried most other drivers and have narrowed it down to those two that fine, but if you have always used Talyormade and thats just what you think you hit the best then you should try some other clubs out. You might want to give some other brands a shot (unless you already have)

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

Have owned them both. The Superquad seemd to hit farther for me. However the Burner seems easier for me to hit solid.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

Note: This thread is 5887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!