• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayysolapsu09

Right foot question

8 posts in this topic

I normally don't really ask questions like this, but I wanted to get some thoughts on this subject.

1)  Does anyone really actively think about the right heel/foot and if it comes up or not?  I certainly don't right now, but I don't know if that's an active part of the swing thought for you guys.

2)  If you guys do think about the right foot, do you think about keeping it on the ground or do you think about driving it in a certain direction?  I've read that a good indication of a solid foundation is how long you can keep the right heel connected to the ground.

3)  if you guys do try to keep the right heel on the ground, how do you guys go about doing it?  Any drills, thoughts that you incorporate in your practice sessions?

Thanks for your help guys!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Everything I've been taught about a golf swing is that you're right foot/heel must move and twist with you're hips. I think i'd be rather difficult to swing with a stationary right foot.

I'd have to agree that stationary is difficult to do. But this month's golf digest has hank haney telling us that the right foot should stay on the ground as long as possible. So I doub he's advocating a stationary right foot (something that I doubt you can do and get good power), but there has to be something to the idea of delaying the right foot coming up. Maybe it's not so much as a forced, contrived thing as it is something that is a byproduct of a solid swing?

There are very few tour players who don't have "space" under their right foot at impact

There are very few tour players who don't have "space" under their right foot at impact

Can you show us some examples and how it affects their right knee at impact?

Originally Posted by ayysolapsu09

I normally don't really ask questions like this, but I wanted to get some thoughts on this subject.

1)  Does anyone really actively think about the right heel/foot and if it comes up or not?  I certainly don't right now, but I don't know if that's an active part of the swing thought for you guys.

2)  If you guys do think about the right foot, do you think about keeping it on the ground or do you think about driving it in a certain direction?  I've read that a good indication of a solid foundation is how long you can keep the right heel connected to the ground.

3)  if you guys do try to keep the right heel on the ground, how do you guys go about doing it?  Any drills, thoughts that you incorporate in your practice sessions?

Thanks for your help guys!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If there is trouble on the left and I want to make sure I don't pull the ball, I will try to keep my right foot down longer in the downswing. I do the same for punch shots. Works for me.