IGNORED

My Swing (maddog0512)

maddog0512
Note:Β This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

27 putts and 3 penalty strokes to be exact. Β Wow, just typing that hurts.

Man that is painful to read too..

However, with Greens being worked on there really isn't much you can do.. I wouldn't be too hard on my self at all.

Were you leaving your self with too long of a first putt? Β Or was it that your first putt was ok distance and you just weren't getting it close enough to have a close to a tap in 2nd putt?

Where you getting on the green in regulation or were you close and then you chipped it too far away?

You are better than I so I'm sure you know how to detect what the issue is, but it's just interesting to me that's all.

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that is painful to read too..

However, with Greens being worked on there really isn't much you can do.. I wouldn't be too hard on my self at all.

Were you leaving your self with too long of a first putt? Β Or was it that your first putt was ok distance and you just weren't getting it close enough to have a close to a tap in 2nd putt?

Where you getting on the green in regulation or were you close and then you chipped it too far away?

You are better than I so I'm sure you know how to detect what the issue is, but it's just interesting to me that's all.

Haha, yeah the problem was my first putt was not leaving me anywhere near a tap in for the second.Β  I'd either leave myself 4Β feet short or blow it past the hole 6 feet. Β I think it had a lot to do with the greens being recently worked on and the fact I haven't really put the work in with my putting practice. Β I just couldn't get the speed right to save my life. Β Just frustrating is all.

Golf is hard.

Got out to the range this afternoon over lunch and was very pleased with the results. Β My ball flight was much higher than I'm used to. Β I was hitting my 9 iron about 155-160 and maybe 75-100 feet in the air (with a few shanks thrown in for good measure). Β It was a thing of beauty. Β These are the videos I'm submitting to Brian tonight. Β The threeΒ things I was working on are the club more in the fingers, a stronger grip, and standing more upright to move my weight from my heels. Β I also was mainly concerned with starting the ball straight or just right to play a draw. Β I also practiced putting after work and I think the greens being aerated on Saturday had a lot to do with my abysmal putting performance. Β My putts were pretty decent but I definitely need to practice speed more for long putts.

Golf is hard.

Swing looks pretty good to my untrained eye. Only thing that stood out was, you move your head to the right on your down swing, not sure if that hurts anything or not.

Swing looks pretty good to my untrained eye. Only thing that stood out was, you move your head to the right on your down swing, not sure if that hurts anything or not.

Thanks.Β  I'm anxious to find out what my next priority piece is.Β  Although, it might stay at club face control which is going to take a while to master.

Golf is hard.

• Administrator

You've submitted three videos for analysis in the last seven days.

Changes take time. You're going to find yourself in a weird spot if you just keep submitting too many videos and then simultaneously have to try to keep five or six things in mind.

Maybe your changes are all little setup things or something, which would be fine, but I doubt it. What do you think?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Weight distribution on the dtl video looks much better.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

You've submitted three videos for analysis in the last seven days.

Changes take time. You're going to find yourself in a weird spot if you just keep submitting too many videos and then simultaneously have to try to keep five or six things in mind.

Maybe your changes are all little setup things or something, which would be fine, but I doubt it. What do you think?

I agree that it seems like overkill but all the changes that Brian has given me so farΒ are setup/grip/posture changes.Β  The only thing he's suggested regarding my actual swing was to work on controlling my start lines.Β  The reason I submitted videos last night was because I'm hoping to be given further instruction on fixing the actual motion of my swing.Β  There's a chance he comes back and says that I need to continue working on club face control, but I just wanted confirmation of that.

Golf is hard.

• Administrator

I agree that it seems like overkill but all the changes that Brian has given me so farΒ are setup/grip/posture changes.Β  The only thing he's suggested regarding my actual swing was to work on controlling my start lines.Β  The reason I submitted videos last night was because I'm hoping to be given further instruction on fixing the actual motion of my swing.Β  There's a chance he comes back and says that I need to continue working on club face control, but I just wanted confirmation of that.

Fair enough. The question begged to be answered. :)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Played the other day.Β  Shot a 47 for 9 holes, so not great.Β  My tee shots were pretty solid and my putting was quite good (19 putts, didn't 3 putt until the last hole) but my God were my second (and third, and fourth) shots bad.Β  I'd put the ball in the fairway off the tee then then make a mess of reaching the green.Β  I counted 10 shots that could not be classified as anything other than awful (couple shanks, couple tops etc.)Β  Anyway, I need to send in a video to Brian today.Β  He's had me working on keeping my lead knee bent longer in the downswing.Β  I've been practicing it in the garage but I don't think it has found its way into my full swing yet.

Golf is hard.

Shot a 65 last night over 13 holes (10 over on the front nine and 4 over on the 4 holes I played on the back).Β Β 4 pars, 4 bogeys, andΒ 5 double bogeys.Β  29 putts total, 21 on the front 9 and 8 on the backΒ 4 holes.Β  6 GIRs.Β  On 3 of my 4 pars I had makeable putts for birdie.Β  All in all, it would not have beenΒ a bad round but my tee shotsΒ killed me on the holes I made double.Β  I'm getting frustrated that I'm not getting better considering how much time I put into practicing.Β  I'm at a loss for next steps and what I need to do to improve.Β  I'm waiting on an analysis from Brian so maybe he'll have something for me.Β  Also, I need to send in a full swing since the last video I submitted was just drill work.Β  Serenity now!!!

Golf is hard.

Here's my latest Evolvr submission. Β I had a great day at the range with my 9 iron but terrible with the 3 wood. Β All comments welcome.

Golf is hard.

MUST.OPEN.FACE. Β Seriously, I need to feel like the club face is pointing about 25-30 degrees right of my target line. Β After making changes last year to rid myself of the slice, I've compensated by completely shutting the club down. Β The few times I've been able to stomach actually setting up correctly and see the face be open, I've had some amazing contact and ball flight. Β What Brian is trying to get me to can't be done with the club face as closed as it is. Β I think this is going to take some faith. Β I'll do this now, and it'll feel completely wrong, but it'll pay off in the end. Β I just need to remind myself of that and be able to live with some crappy shots for a while.

Golf is hard.

@mvmac or @iacas Question for you guys, or anyone else for that matter...Β  Brian has had me strengthen my grip.Β  When I set up to the ball with a more open face like he is suggesting, during my backswing my hands/wrists relax and it rolls the face closed.Β  Is this a matter of my grip being too strong or faulty in some other way?Β  After watching my Evolvr video last night, I was working on this in my living room.Β  I would set up with the face pointed way right and a strong grip (both V's pointed to my right shoulder).Β  Then, when I'd reach shaft parallel to the ground in the backswing, the toe would pointed way too far down.Β  I hope I'm explaining this clearly.Β  Basically, my question is this,Β could my grip be too strong and would weakening it be something worth trying or counter-productive?

Golf is hard.

@mvmacΒ or @iacasΒ Question for you guys, or anyone else for that matter...Β  Brian has had me strengthen my grip.Β  When I set up to the ball with a more open face like he is suggesting, during my backswing my hands/wrists relax and it rolls the face closed.Β  Is this a matter of my grip being too strong or faulty in some other way?Β  After watching my Evolvr video last night, I was working on this in my living room.Β  I would set up with the face pointed way right and a strong grip (both V's pointed to my right shoulder).Β  Then, when I'd reach shaft parallel to the ground in the backswing, the toe would pointed way too far down.Β  I hope I'm explaining this clearly.Β  Basically, my question is this,Β could my grip be too strong and would weakening it be something worth trying or counter-productive?

I would stick with what Brian wants you to do. Strong grips are generally more effective than weak ones.

At A2 most clubfaces aren't "toe up", face tends to be pointing downward somewhat.

Mike McLoughlin

I would stick with what Brian wants you to do. Strong grips are generally more effective than weak ones.

At A2 most clubfaces aren't "toe up", face tends to be pointing downward somewhat.

Yeah, I understand that.Β  Below is a picture of what I'm talking about.Β  Even when I setup to the ball with what seems a very open clubface, the face closes drastically in the first part of the backswing.Β  Do I just twist the club to get it more open at address or do I weaken my grip slightly?Β  Or should I conciously think about rotating my forearms to get the toe a little more pointed up?Β  It's ridiculous that something like this is giving me issues :pound: My apologies for being dense.

Golf is hard.

Where is your right index positioned on the grip? The first pad should be on the aft/side of the shaft. Make sure yours isn't under the grip

Mike McLoughlin

Where is your right index positioned on the grip? The first pad should be on the aft/side of the shaft. Make sure yours isn't under the grip

I would say it's on the side of the grip, rather than underneath.

Golf is hard.

Note:Β This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!