IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Dude... Your doing good.. But u must retrain those hands big time. Do opposite what they want to do

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Just don't get discourage if you see a drastic drop in handicap and have it plateau on you. The strokes get really tougher to drop off when you reach about 8 handicap. Just the odds of hitting greens, and making putts, you really got to make birdies. Its tough to get 18 pars.

Keep at it, looking forward to your improvement.

On the video, not sure if it something you would be concerned about now. Be mindful of that extra few degrees of rotation you get with your shoulders in the backswing. It does look like it lifts your head vertically.  Its not much, but its just a slight overswing. But you were concentrating on drills Erik was having you do, so its understandable for something to pop up.

If I ever get down to an 8 I'd be pretty damn happy to be completely honest.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You say that now, but when you realize how well you can strike the ball when your handicap is that low, you start to expect better.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Speaking from experience? You are probably right though, I'm never satisfied with how good I do in anything, ha.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

You say that now, but when you realize how well you can strike the ball when your handicap is that low, you start to expect better.

Absolutely!!  The lower my handicap gets, the lower I expect it to go.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 7 months later...

Ok, so I went to the range and had a few more videos recorded of my swing. Not even sure I should bother posting them as it seems like I've lost any progress I had made last year. Even though it "feels" like my left wrist is in line at impact looking at the video it's not, then I see my head is moving everywhere, also my left knee flexes inward instead of forward towards my toes..... bleh

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Back to basics. I would first work on your steady head. If that means getting that front knee better, so you can make a centered turn, do that. Do things SLOWLY!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Back to basics. I would first work on your steady head. If that means getting that front knee better, so you can make a centered turn, do that. Do things SLOWLY!!!

True enough, just totally demoralizing that I'm basically starting all over again....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

True enough, just totally demoralizing that I'm basically starting all over again....

Honest question: what'd you expect? Did you work to maintain the progress you'd made during the winter?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Honest question: what'd you expect? Did you work to maintain the progress you'd made during the winter?

Not really, though I didn't expect I'd backslide. This is the only sport I've ever played that requires me to actually put extra effort in not to get worse or lose any ground I've gained. Everything else I've ever done I can stop and pick up basically right where I left off. Hard lesson learned I guess.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I know this picture isn't the greatest, but how far off would you say I am on the inline wrist and/or weight forward? Good thing is it does look like I'm hitting up on my driver swing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I was thinking that this position didn't look horrible, outside of needing my left wrist a bit straighter so I did a quick search for what the impact position should look like with driver. I came up with this picture. This doesn't mean I think I'm "right there" with these guys, just gives me a little hope that maybe my swing isn't as utter garbage as I thought when I was watching the videos last night. I'm going to work on steady head drills for awhile to get back to a good steady position then worry about my left wrist position.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Went out last night and played the short course, just focused on knee flex straight forward to keep a steady head. Had some good shots, but then started putting everything out to the right, either straight/fade/or slice. So frustrating, but I'll keep focusing on the one piece until it's just natural then I'll worry about fixing the direction the ball is going.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

League night was pretty bad, seems that focusing on left knee bend has caused me to get very lazy on my hip turn in the down swing. After we finished I went in around to the front 9 to focus on firing my hips through on the downswing. It took a few holes to start doing it but by the 4th hole I had tamed the push slice/snap hook to a slight push fade. By the 5th hole 485 par 5 I still hit a fade, but had enough on it that I was able to hit 8 iron on the green and birdie the hole. 6th hole I had the ball too far forward in my stance and hit a burner, wedged on. 7th hole hit the push fade again, 8th hole was a crazy low pull slice. 9th hole hit it dead straight. I basically increased my distance with my drives but I lost my draw. I don't know if I should start lining up for the new ball flight or if it's just a short term thing until I acclimate to my new swing and the draw will come back.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

League night was pretty bad, seems that focusing on left knee bend has caused me to get very lazy on my hip turn in the down swing. After we finished I went in around to the front 9 to focus on firing my hips through on the downswing. It took a few holes to start doing it but by the 4th hole I had tamed the push slice/snap hook to a slight push fade. By the 5th hole 485 par 5 I still hit a fade, but had enough on it that I was able to hit 8 iron on the green and birdie the hole. 6th hole I had the ball too far forward in my stance and hit a burner, wedged on. 7th hole hit the push fade again, 8th hole was a crazy low pull slice. 9th hole hit it dead straight. I basically increased my distance with my drives but I lost my draw. I don't know if I should start lining up for the new ball flight or if it's just a short term thing until I acclimate to my new swing and the draw will come back.

Go to the range and practice with a purpose ;-)

Nearly impossible to get good results trying to work it out on the course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I only did it at the course because I was already there, the plan is to hit the driving range today or tomorrow.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

@iacas I was just thinking about how I was pushing my shots a bit after working on my knee flex and stead head but I just remembered last year after the round at WW how you had me do this same thing and I thought I was pushing my shots then too. However when I mentioned it you said I wasn't pushing my shots but I was actually aiming to the right because my natural tendency before was a pull draw so I had formed the habit of aiming right to compensate for that. Is it possible that what I'm experiencing isn't a push but that I'm really hitting it straight on my target line for a change?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Next time you are at the range. Aim normally at a target, then lay down an alignment stick and take aim. Standing over the ball does the new alignment look way left to you?

If so, then you might be aiming right.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag