IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Well, since no advice on last pictures I just went to the finally reopened driving range with that ball and hit about 1/2 to 2/3 of a medium bucket of balls using the ball. Tried to hit every club in the bag with it but it was going flat by the time I got to my driver so I had to abandon it. I was actually striping the ball with every club until it lost so much air that it was getting too hard to hold between my arms. After I dropped the ball and just took swings focusing on that same feeling with a straight forward knee bend I still was hitting great shots. I did have some issues with the driver at first, push fades mostly, then I overdid the correction and hit pull draws. Finally straightened it out though. Based on the results I'm getting I stopped and picked up a different ball to use that's made out of foam so I don't have to worry about it losing air. Not sure it will work as well, but it was only $6 so if it doesn't work no big deal and the kids get a new ball to play with. Either way it seems that the results show that it's working so may as well stick with it.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

League night went really well. The back nine, which we played first, I shot a 42 with an 8 on the par 5. That was just down to a bad drive and trying too hard to make up for it with the follow up hybrid, then the follow up hybrid to make up for that hybrid :mad: . Other than that I had 4 pars and 4 bogeys. I made the turn and walked the front 9. Didn't do quite as well, due to a few things. Not to make any excuses but I was being attacked by mosquitoes for the first half of the front 9 and then it started raining on me. Even so, that shouldn't have made a huge impact and most likely didn't. Only shot that I know for sure was affected by the wet ground was my tee shot on 8, my foot slipped on the downswing which really screwed my tee shot. I was still able to make it through the front with only two double bogeys. I will continue working on the same thing I have been using the ball to train my arms to stay closer together and my left elbow to not get behind.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Not sure how well you can see, but there are some ball marks on my 5 iron from hitting it at the range after I picked up my clubs before league Thursday. I hit probably 10-15 balls with each club before leaving the range. This is how the impact tape showed my strike pattern was when I was getting fitted too. This is the only club that still shows the marks because it's the only iron I didn't use that night. I am not sure why the group is so much tighter than I used to see on my old clubs, whether it was just a good day at the range for consistency of my swing or if the fitted clubs actually helped. Either way, it's pretty cool to see.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

4 pars and 4 bogeys is 70s material, so great start there man. That contact area is impressive too.

I'm surprised you have such lush green grass in your backyard btw. Looks like WWI out back here. (landlord is a golfer, so np I hope).

4 pars and 4 bogeys is 70s material, so great start there man. That contact area is impressive too.

I'm surprised you have such lush green grass in your backyard btw. Looks like WWI out back here. (landlord is a golfer, so np I hope).

Any place that's not low enough to flood around here has some amazingly thick and green grass. Don't have a landlord so there's nobody to complain about a few divots out of the grass, not that they last long as fast as the grass is growing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So far I'm happy with the new irons. It's a bit of a learning curve because since they are 1/2" shorter than my old clubs they seem to be about 5 yards shorter distance wise, but the spread is much better so I'm ok with that. I'm still only at 13 clubs in the bag though and now I'm trying to figure out what to get for that spot. I'm already carrying 50-55-60 for wedges so I can't imagine another wedge would make sense. That leaves something in the upper end. My 4 iron is 22 and my hybrid is 18, driver is set at 9.5. Perhaps a fairway of some sort. I've been hesitant to get a fairway because I've never been good with them, but at the same time I was never good with a hybrid until I got the one I have.... Most likely won't be jumping on purchasing anything this year after spending the money on my irons, but I think it's prudent to start planning it for a possible off season sale purchase.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 2 weeks later...

I keep doing these pictures backwards I think. Red shirt today and grey shirt about 2 1/2 weeks ago or so.

Good points*?*: Arms much higher with better hip and shoulder turn

Bad points: Left knee moving too much again, club moving too far going past parallel again, maybe too much separation of upper right arm from upper chest.

While my right arm isn't getting behind me as much I am still focusing on that as my main piece, though I'm starting to think my next piece is focusing on that left knee and it may be soon. *edit * I think that drifting knee is part of the cause of my overswing, may focus on keeping my left heel down as well as connected feeling of my arm to my chest on backswing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So, I've gotten some rounds in testing the G25 to compare the stats in Game Golf to my BioCell+

If you throw out the outliers, both short and long, it seems like the G25 is much more consistent. Probably 90% of drives with both are all carry with as wet as the ground has been. The G25 has the Tour X-Stiff shaft which is what I think is causing the increased misses to the right. Even though the % of fairways hit is a little lower on the G25 I have fewer extreme misses than I did with the BioCell+. Given these results, I'm pretty confident that making the move to the G25 is the right move, the only thing I question is whether to keep the Tour X-Stiff shaft or swap out to the Tour Stiff instead.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So, pulled the trigger on buying the G25. I did notice something strange between when I hit the driver at the range and when I hit it at the course. I hit a lot more balls out to the right, straight fade at the course and at the range I had mostly slight draws. I was thinking about how high the ball was teed up at the range and it dawned on me that it was a bit higher. Is it possible that having the ball teed lower at the course is causing me to miss out to the right more. I also noticed I tended to catch the ball more towards the bottom of the driver at the course than I did at the range which would indicate that it's a problem with tee height also. I searched the forum a little for ideal tee height for driver and saw the 1/2 ball above the top of the driver head. When I got one of my tees out I saw that in order to tee it up that high I can barely stick the tee in the ground. Does tee height really make much difference? I had read somewhere that teeing lower tends to cause a fade and high tends to cause a draw. Does any of this make sense?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So, pulled the trigger on buying the G25. I did notice something strange between when I hit the driver at the range and when I hit it at the course. I hit a lot more balls out to the right, straight fade at the course and at the range I had mostly slight draws. I was thinking about how high the ball was teed up at the range and it dawned on me that it was a bit higher. Is it possible that having the ball teed lower at the course is causing me to miss out to the right more. I also noticed I tended to catch the ball more towards the bottom of the driver at the course than I did at the range which would indicate that it's a problem with tee height also. Does any of this make sense?

Teeing the ball lower tends to make people swing steeper. Could explain the fades and hitting low on the face.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Teeing the ball lower tends to make people swing steeper. Could explain the fades and hitting low on the face.

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like I need to go out and buy some longer tees.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like I need to go out and buy some longer tees.

Just out of curiosity, how high do you tee the ball up?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I never paid much attention, I just put the tee in about 1/2 inch in the ground. I think it ends up putting about 1/4 of the ball above the top of the club or so.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Did some flightscope work today to find out if I should get a club between my 4 iron and my hybrid or hybrid and driver.

All numbers are with range balls so, not sure what percentage increase there is with normal balls but I'm pretty happy with the distances for carry. Numbers show that I need a fairway wood of some sort but I wasn't able to find one I could hit consistently enough the distance needed to buy.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I had done some data taking since the last time with new range balls. Irons/hybrids are almost the same, woods are about 6% for higher swing speeds. The iron shots have less spin so they go as far with shorter clubs up to 8i or 7i. My distances might change some more as I get more straight shots with more spin on them.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Playing first course in NJ today:

Just haven't decided which tees to play. Not a whole lot of difference between blue and black. It may just come down to whether they'll let me play the back tees or not.

Set up tee time at second course. Normally $100 a round with cart, got it for $22 on golf now with my $25 credit on top of the normally discounted rate.

Pretty clear that I'm not playing the black tees on this course, 7202 yards is definitely pushing it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Playing first course in NJ today: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/128396/] [/URL] Just haven't decided which tees to play. Not a whole lot of difference between blue and black. It may just come down to whether they'll let me play the back tees or not. Set up tee time at second course. Normally $100 a round with cart, got it for $22 on golf now with my $25 credit on top of the normally discounted rate. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/128398/] [/URL] Pretty clear that I'm not playing the black tees on this course, 7202 yards is definitely pushing it.

With the distance you hit your clubs I would think that wouldn't be an issue for you.. Or is it more of an accuracy issue that needs to be cleaned up a little.. I remember you hit it a long way.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

With the distance you hit your clubs I would think that wouldn't be an issue for you.. Or is it more of an accuracy issue that needs to be cleaned up a little.. I remember you hit it a long way.

Accuracy and consistency. It's more the long par 3's that would be a problem. Most par 4's I'd be able to get at least in pitch/chip range in 2 and par 5s wouldn't be a problem being greenside in 3. The main thing is I don't know the courses at all, so I don't know where the trouble is or where the best places for approaches to the greens will be.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: