IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Got out yesterday. Still focusing on left hip against the wall, I discarded the left arm contact with side feel though. More improvement seen, however my putting has completely abandoned me. That's fine though, it's easy enough to work on later. The bigger story is I got 36 holes done 4 1/2 hours with a cart. My back was done about 27 holes in though. I have to start remembering I'm not ready for that much golf or practice right now.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 years later...

Apparently it's been 1498 days since I posted last, crazy... Anyway. Easing my way back into golf after an extended time away. Spent time at the range. Only took 7 and 8 iron because I'm not going to jump straight in to pounding balls without trying to do the right things yet again. Focused on repeating ball placement, proper grip, and what felt like 1/2 length backswing with abbreviated follow through. Surprisingly more good contact than bad, but I put that down to hitting off of the mats because rain was coming in. Was even able to hit some nice controlled draw shots, though I don't trust that that wasn't due to the mats as well. Not sure if it's worth recording anything or not yet. Probably won't even go out and play any actual golf this year, just try to get back to some semblance of a decent golf swing before putting myself through that abuse.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Nothing to say really about these clips, just mostly posting for progress tracking. Obviously swing is no better than it used to be but at least I don't really notice anything markedly worse.

Something I noticed, not so much related to my swing in general, is that I don't swing the same when I'm recording. Or at least, I don't feel like I'm swing the same. It feels like I try hard to "swing right" when I record vs just focusing on the swing without being recorded. Could just be in my head though.

• Thumbs Up 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Went outside and did the day 1 drills from the 30 days practice series. Took a little bit, but started to feel more natural. Would have liked to do a bit more practice but got too dark and mosquitos were getting pretty bad. Really want to clear out the garage and get a hitting area set up so I can have a good place to do drills.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Good to see you back @Jeremie Boop..It's been a while. A simple adjustment if you can make may be helpful. Hold your right wrist cock through impact, i.e. don't let it fire. Hit 40-50 yard six irons chips or something. It's a good yet simple feel. You should feel like you are hitting the ball with your torso rotation instead of your hands. 

Vishal S.

Thanks @GolfLug. That was what I was focusing on. It's a strange feeling, especially since it's counter-intuitive to me to not move my arms. I did notice it got a bit easier to do as I trusted the body turn to actuall make the club contact the ball. While I'll continue doing each day's lesson in the 30 day plan I think this first 4 days drills will be a pretty strong focus for awhile.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: