IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

There is a definite change on that takeaway. Club is less inside at that point, which is good, but @saevel25 is right; arm needs to go up instead of in.

A good drill, perhaps:

Basically, take a dinner plate, hold it out in front of you. Keep the plate facing in the same direction in first part of the backswing, and then feel as if you were throwing the dinner plate over your shoulder. The video explains it better than I. I think it'll help.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is a definite change on that takeaway. Club is less inside at that point, which is good, but @saevel25 is right; arm needs to go up instead of in.

A good drill, perhaps:

Basically, take a dinner plate, hold it out in front of you. Keep the plate facing in the same direction in first part of the backswing, and then feel as if you were throwing the dinner plate over your shoulder. The video explains it better than I. I think it'll help.

Maybe I'm confused, but what he's showing is what I'm doing. The bad is the right elbow separating from his side and the good is the elbow staying tucked.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Maybe I'm confused, but what he's showing is what I'm doing. The bad is the right elbow separating from his side and the good is the elbow staying tucked.

I'm concerned I'm not explaining what I mean correctly, and might mess you up. Basically, the drill is supposed to help you get the shaft pointed more left at the top, while keeping the club head outside of the hands on the way back. That's why I posted it. If that's not what you're working on or I've stumbled into something accidentally, my bad!

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

For the downswing I would work on staying in your tilt and rotating that right side through a lot more. You have a lot of the same moves I am changing away from.

I just watched a video about the cause of flipping and the guy described and demonstrated exactly what I'm doing going into impact. It coincides with what you are saying the fix is with focusing on keeping my body rotation going. Basically he described it as the body turn stalls causing the angles to be released which will either lead to fat shots/hitting way behind the ball or you raise/stand up to avoid the ground and make contact with the ball. Now that I have a good visual of what is happening to cause it, I have a better basis for understanding what you mean about how to fix it. At this point it's a matter of trying to find out how I actually go about doing it... Sounds so simple, but it rarely seems to be for me.

I'm concerned I'm not explaining what I mean correctly, and might mess you up. Basically, the drill is supposed to help you get the shaft pointed more left at the top, while keeping the club head outside of the hands on the way back. That's why I posted it. If that's not what you're working on or I've stumbled into something accidentally, my bad!

I see, you were more addressing the position at the top and the angle the shaft is pointed? I am not sure my camera angle is directly down my toe line. I really need to put down an alignment stick to get it right, but it looks like the club shaft is pretty close to parallel to my toe line I thought. I'll have to pull the video into swing analyzer software to draw the lines to see how far off it is. You may be right, it might be going across the line which obviously is bad. Thanks for pointing it out.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Played around on an executive course tonight.... Holy crap it just was total fails all over the place. I kept topping all my shots. Towards the end I started finally getting some good shots with my irons but I could not hit my 5 wood or hybrid for love or money.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Played around on an executive course tonight.... Holy crap it just was total fails all over the place. I kept topping all my shots. Towards the end I started finally getting some good shots with my irons but I could not hit my 5 wood or hybrid for love or money.

This position here would lead to a lot of thin and fat shots.

Weight forward. Stay in your tilt towards the ball. Drive that right side through the shot. Stop standing up and flipping at the ball.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This position here would lead to a lot of thin and fat shots.

Weight forward. Stay in your tilt towards the ball. Drive that right side through the shot. Stop standing up and flipping at the ball.

That's what I focused on at the end. I even started taking decent divots after where the ball was. Basically, the irons were working well but the hybrid/woods weren't.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Working on a feel for not raising up during my swing. I'm trying out the feeling of actually squatting. It works sometimes but others I feel like instead of staying down I'm really dropping.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

So after spending some time on the course yesterday I was starting to get a really good feel for staying down and hitting down on the ball with my irons. I had a lot of really good shots and there was a significant increase in spin on the approach shots because I had several spin back as well as most of them stopping within a few feet of the pitch mark. The distance on the shots was pretty much the same, however I think it evened out between more carry with more backspin vs more roll out with less backspin. The bad part is I've developed a very bad push fade with my driver and fairway wood. It's almost as if I'm not fully releasing the club. It could be the feeling of hitting down is transitioning to the swing with the 5w and the driver. Any advice on fixing this?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Hi Jeremy, try swinging with the following grip: left hand - grip with last three fingers only(thumb and index off), right hand - middle and ring fingers only (thumb, pinky and index off). Actually you can google/youtube this drill. Think left hand knuckles DOWN at impact. Important to do it in slow motion. You GOTTA kill this left hand knuckles up urge at impact. I've been looking at it for too long :-) . Also maybe camera angel, but ball seems to far back in your stance.

Vishal S.

Hi Jeremy, try swinging with the following grip: left hand - grip with last three fingers only(thumb and index off), right hand - middle and ring fingers only (thumb, pinky and index off). Actually you can google/youtube this drill. Think left hand knuckles DOWN at impact. Important to do it in slow motion. You GOTTA kill this left hand knuckles up urge at impact. I've been looking at it for too long  . Also maybe camera angel, but ball seems to far back in your stance.

Yes, that image was from a video with the ball too far back. I need to update again because I need to see if I have improved my swing. I know I'm hitting more down on the ball and started taking divots at or in front of the ball much more frequently. I think as a result of the changes I made to achieve this I've started push fade instead of push draw which really is screwing with me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I did make it to the range today. I found that my grip had gotten a bit palmy and focused on getting the grip more in the fingers. It helped a lot with the 5w and somewhat with the driver. About 1/2 of the driver shots were good, a quarter were decent and the final quarter were horrible.. It's progress at least. Going to try to get a bit more in tomorrow then hit the course Wednesday.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yes, that image was from a video with the ball too far back. I need to update again because I need to see if I have improved my swing. I know I'm hitting more down on the ball and started taking divots at or in front of the ball much more frequently. I think as a result of the changes I made to achieve this I've started push fade instead of push draw which really is screwing with me.

Push fade is a classic hitter's syndrome. Good thing is you are already hitting from the inside a bit if you are pushing. Fight the urge to hold your left arm and grip pinned to your torso at impact.

Let your left arm go through impact area and REALLY drive the club head toe with your right trigger finger. You have to if you want to draw.

Vishal S.

Hey, i know a few things have been hit on here but for me what really stuck out the most in the down the line shot was how you stand up, your butt goes towards ball severely, which from what i know means your coming out of your posture, try sticking something behind you and make sure you feel it on your butt the whole time

• Administrator

Push fade is a classic hitter's syndrome. Good thing is you are already hitting from the inside a bit if you are pushing. Fight the urge to hold your left arm and grip pinned to your torso at impact.

Not necessarily. Push just means the face is pointing right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I believe the push is caused by swing path, the curvature would be dictaded by the face

Actually, it is the opposite. Face dictates starting direction, and the ball curves away from the path.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator
I believe the push is caused by swing path, the curvature would be dictaded by the face

Read this: Ball Flight Laws

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets