IGNORED

Shafts - where to find info

Note: This thread is 3918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my driver was fixed after breaking.

Everything else the same, but the shaft was changed:

From a Project X 6.0

To a Mitsubishi Diamana 'ahini - Stiff

The improvement in my shots is SUBSTANTIAL.  Ridiculously better.

So both are graphite, both are stiff, but my swing is the same.

Why is this so much better? Anyone have info on the specs or where I could find it?

I'd like to know how the specs vs my swing are impacted.

It's a chance for some real learning about how equipment works.  One thing the guy at the store said is that the torque stiffness is higher on the ahini.....that makes some sense, but I'd like to know more.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Mitsubishi Rayon web site would seem a logical place to look. http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=ndia_ahina

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Try this:

http://fit2score.com/club_technology.html

The successor to the Diamana White Board, the Diamana ‘ahina is a low launch, low torque shaft.  The softer butt allows players with a drop style transition to load the shaft at the beginning of the downswing.  The firm midsection is an important design aspect, delivering control of the stiff tip.  The new Multi Dimensional Interlay fabric from Mitsubishi creates a more stable and stiffer tip.  This stability is seen in both linear and radial directions.  The mid-tip profile is designed to deliver a low launch similar to the Diamana White Board.
The overall torque of the 'ahina ranges from 3.3 in the 60R to 2.5 in the 80X.  The tip torque of this shaft is among the lowest we have measured.  The Diamana 'ahina profiles are consistent from weight to weight and flex to flex.  The radial profiles are excellent; the shaft can be used in any orientation.
This shaft logo is used in some off the rack drivers.  As with all Mitusbishi driver shafts, the notation x5ct following the weight is the indication of the premium version of the golf shaft.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The manufacturer sites will give you the technical specs, and the above listed review sites will give you outside performance information.

Suggestion: use the sites to narrow down the types of shafts you want to try, and then test out on a launch monitor.

Also, get a copy of the annual catalog from GolfWorks or Golfsmith. This give info on shafts, and grips, among other things.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

players with a drop style transition to load the shaft at the beginning of the downswing.

The firm midsection is an important design aspect, delivering control of the stiff tip.

a more stable and stiffer tip

he mid-tip profile is designed to deliver a low launch similar to the Diamana White Board.

My fairway woods are also 'ahina and I hit those well.  the new hybrid is a project x 6, but not an issue so far.

- lots to think about, including how my swing matches up.

I'll look up "drop style transition".

The stiffer tip is clearly what the vendor meant by a stiffer twist (not just bend in terms of a stiff shaft, twist is the other aspect).  I should review my swing and see if I don't just release strong, but also roll over in a short phase.....that's why a stiffer tip would let me control bringing the face to square with little lag....certainly the hits are stronger and I'm getting a little bit more distance, but the win is I'm getting much straighter shots, lots  more consistency.

fun stuff - All these woods with these shafts just feel like I'm in better control of the club head even when swinging strong.  very cool

all - thanks for the references of course.  I've done searches, but I was hoping someone had personal connection to it as well.

IHGOld - thanks for the link to the standard definitions - they cleared up a lot for me too

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!