IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 3047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2011 Ford Edge SEL. I used to work for a Hertz and drove plenty of cars and the new gen Ford models were very impressive. So I decided to get me one of my own. 2011-ford-edge.jpg

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

I have had my Tahoe for 4 years with no plan to move it and wife has had her BMW for 6 years and wants to trade it everyday...cars are such a terrible investment i drive them till they are not worth having.

Oh I know, but my losses are reduced because I never buy brand new.  I try to buy 1-2 years old after the initial depreciation.  Example, I just bought a 2010 QX56 with 28k miles...perfect condition, $65k new...paid $42k including taxes/registration.  Even assuming $5k would be knocked off the price of a new vehicle, I'll gladly buy 1-2 years old to save $18,000!  It was the same scenario for each of my prior cars (except the first, which my parents bought me new).  I have saved about $60k overall by avoiding the temptation of brand new vehicles.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

My clubs fit nicely in the front seat of my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire LTD Roadster. :)

Taylormade M4 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*)
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood
Ping G410 5 wood
Titleist F2 7 woods
Ping G graphite irons 5 - PW  Black Dot
Ping Gorged Glide Wedges - 50, 54, 58
Directed Force Reno 2.0 Putter
What an amazing game this is.

2005 Toyota Matrix. Picked it up used for a song. The fellow selling had recently had knee surgery and could no longer drive a manual transmission (clutch on the left foot). So, he was selling for a sweet price. I love this car; it looks good, gets good milage (30mpg for in-town only commuting), is very reliable, and has plenty of room for our family of three camping trips.

Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

2011 Ford Edge SEL. I used to work for a Hertz and drove plenty of cars and the new gen Ford models were very impressive. So I decided to get me one of my own.

I almost pulled the trigger on an Edge SEL but the Ford dealerships low balled my trade and wouldn't budge on price. The sales guys I got at both Ford dealerships were both either new or just flat out not good sales people. I ended up getting a Terrain which I probably would have bought regardless but the Ford Edge was definitely a close second.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

2011 Ford Edge SEL. I used to work for a Hertz and drove plenty of cars and the new gen Ford models were very impressive. So I decided to get me one of my own.

I bought the Wife a limited this past Christmas in the new black and she love the thing. I hate the seats mainly the head rest. It pushes my head to far forward in my opinion.

cars in the garage are 73 Plumb Crazy 550 Hp Dodge Challenger. 2001 C5 Corvette

I drive a '02 Tahoe (note the bumper sticker)

bumper sticker 1.jpg

But I dream of something with a bit more "muscle" ..

1968_Shelby-gt500.jpg

(I can at least dream ....)

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Originally Posted by ElWagonne

My vehicle of choice.....only flaw is the trunk space, not exactly golf friendly.

Same with mine. :) But the front seat is a very safe place for your baby. :)

Taylormade M4 10.5* (turned down to 8.5*)
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood
Ping G410 5 wood
Titleist F2 7 woods
Ping G graphite irons 5 - PW  Black Dot
Ping Gorged Glide Wedges - 50, 54, 58
Directed Force Reno 2.0 Putter
What an amazing game this is.

2005 Subaru Outback wagon for daily driving, and a 1985 GMC 2wd short bed with a 2006 LS1/4L60E shoehorned in for a toy.  Nothing like a 455hp truck that gets 24mpg with the A/C on!  The wife drives a 2004 Trailblazer EXT.  Currently working on my sons truck, a 1969 GMC C20 long bed that we are converting into a C10 short bed and installing a 4.8l GenIII Vortec with a 4L60E.  Also have a 1970 K10 long bed (that my Dad bought from the original owner in 1973) that I will be putting a 5.3l GenIII Vortec with a TH700R4 in soon.

The headrest was something to get used to but now it's not too bad. I like the Ford MyTouch, but I wish it had a faster processer. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Originally Posted by Burnt C6

I bought the Wife a limited this past Christmas in the new black and she love the thing. I hate the seats mainly the head rest. It pushes my head to far forward in my opinion.

cars in the garage are 73 Plumb Crazy 550 Hp Dodge Challenger. 2001 C5 Corvette

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

MyRide

I drive a 98 316i Compact... shes not very fast but still a fun little car oh and the 40mpg highway don't hurt either.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Main car, Porsche Cayman S

Cayman3.jpg

(I no longer have the Edge behind it)

Second car, Audi A3 S-line

A3012.jpg

(this one isn't mine, but mine is identical but black)

Beater, Subaru Legacy Wagon

1998_subaru_legacy_gt_wagon_awd_3695_shelby_nc_16566223.jpg

(also not my car, but mine is identical even same color)

Note: This thread is 3047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!